RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-16 | 05:19 PM
VinceCL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Timobi
Anyone having a rattle from their lift gate? This happened shortly after buying but its gotten worse. Any bump I hit or small road imperfection I get a big loose rattle coming from what appears to be the back lift gate.

Thoughts?

License plate or the frame loose?
Old 05-24-16 | 05:58 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

I just discovered this - on the underside of the console box lid there are clips where a pen can be snapped into and stored.
The following users liked this post:
hbc0175 (05-15-17)
Old 05-25-16 | 08:03 PM
Radio88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
I just discovered this - on the underside of the console box lid there are clips where a pen can be snapped into and stored.
Good one-thanks! Simple but very handy.
Old 05-25-16 | 09:39 PM
Timobi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VinceCL
License plate or the frame loose?
It appears to be secured.. but worth checking out. Thx. I'll report back.
Old 06-02-16 | 07:40 PM
Onion
Driver

Originally Posted by mklemovitc
I got out to scope out the new RX at a local dealer this weekend and was put off by that one.

The iPhone 6 is about the most common phone in the US and it's too big - even without a case. What were the designers thinking?
They believed Steve Job's statement that they wont make phone any larger. Turns out they got trolled.
Old 06-02-16 | 07:55 PM
Onion
Driver

Originally Posted by macdee
A few notes on cameras quality between L and basic versions.

I've been driving a fully loaded 450h L version, with panoramic view monitor for a month now. Today, I had to leave my car at the service for a day (for first month check, as well as installing some extra stuff) and was given a base version of 450h as a temporary ride.

What immediately surprised me was that image quality coming from external cameras (both side-view and parking monitor) is noticeably lower than what I have on my L version. When I park, the image from back monitor is quite blurry and not nearly as crisp and clear as the one I have on my L version. Checked with my wife (just to make sure it's not just me) and she completely agrees as well…

So…*looks like models with panoramic view monitor might have muc better quality cameras. And I mean significantly better. As in great vs wtf-is-this-half-megapixel-camera-crap.
Just something to keep in mind when building/choosing your RX models. At least check and compare before you buy.
What is L version? i only heard about F-sport version
Old 06-02-16 | 09:15 PM
Onion
Driver

Isn't remote start an 1000 dollars option? I saw it on Lexus.ca when I was config the car
Old 06-03-16 | 06:13 AM
Comfort
Rookie

Originally Posted by Onion
I think he's referring to the package upgrade to "Luxury".
Old 06-04-16 | 02:09 PM
clwu
Driver School Candidate

Default Default Volume

Any way to change the default volume for music from the Entune app( Pandora, iHeart...).

I noticed that it's always at Vol. level 22 when I turn it on. Even if I turn it down and turn off the car, it's always at 22 when I turn the car back on.
Old 06-06-16 | 10:40 AM
gorcorps
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Onion
Originally Posted by Comfort
I think he's referring to the package upgrade to "Luxury".

Wonder why macdee didn't just say "luxury" like everyone else then, especially since it looks like will be an RX350L and 450hL when they release the 3rd row seats. Just causes confusion
Old 06-06-16 | 11:31 AM
kenforum
Driver

Originally Posted by gorcorps
Wonder why macdee didn't just say "luxury" like everyone else then, especially since it looks like will be an RX350L and 450hL when they release the 3rd row seats. Just causes confusion
That's because he resides in Japan and they really have an "L version"

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-image-2410066052.jpg
Old 06-14-16 | 12:30 PM
destro888
Driver School Candidate

I will be picking my new ride this week and learned that the RX350 are manufactured in Cambridge, Ontario. I wonder if that's just for vehicles in Canada or all of North America.

If there are any related link with more information, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 06-14-16 | 02:54 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Most of North American RX's come from Toyota motor manufacturing Canada. There are few imported from Japan to USA only.
Old 06-15-16 | 10:45 AM
gorcorps
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by destro888
I will be picking my new ride this week and learned that the RX350 are manufactured in Cambridge, Ontario. I wonder if that's just for vehicles in Canada or all of North America.

If there are any related link with more information, please let me know. Thanks.

http://blog.lexus.co.uk/where-are-lexus-cars-made/

This breaks down which locations make which models, but it doesn't really indicate how many are exported and to where. Still interesting though.

Due to what I do for a living I was able to get a pretty in depth tour of Toyota Kyushu in Japan where they make a lot of Lexus vehicles. After seeing that facility run, I was pretty much sucked into Toyota and plan on jumping to Lexus as soon as I can.
Old 06-15-16 | 02:33 PM
Comfort
Rookie

West Coast gets a lot of Lexus vehicles from Japan.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)