RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-17, 07:00 PM
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thivi
Hey Guys:

I have been trying to figure out why the rear camera guide lines has a squiggly center line on my display. I can post a pic of this, the center line (blue) looks like someone hand drew it. I showed it to the dealer in Savannah and we looked at a similar RX loaner car and it had the same issue, although the loaner center squiggly line was not as bad as mine. The dealer of course didn't have any answers, but this obviously a software issue that should be updated. Any of you have have similar issue or found a solution, please share. I will post a pic of this tomorrow. Thanks.

Cheers, Thivi
I think I saw in the manual that you had three different choices of screens. Look in your manual. It should tell you how to change the screen you are using.
Old 04-12-17, 08:33 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Hey Guys:

I have been trying to figure out why the rear camera guide lines has a squiggly center line on my display. I can post a pic of this, the center line (blue) looks like someone hand drew it. I showed it to the dealer in Savannah and we looked at a similar RX loaner car and it had the same issue, although the loaner center squiggly line was not as bad as mine. The dealer of course didn't have any answers, but this obviously a software issue that should be updated. Any of you have have similar issue or found a solution, please share. I will post a pic of this tomorrow. Thanks.

Cheers, Thivi
Thivi,
I understand what you mean (I think) - it doesn't have anything to do with what grid lines you choose to display, right? I have a squiggled center line on my camera screen also. The two lines don't line up with each other. I hitched up my trailer last night & found the camera view was somewhat distorted from reality. The camera quality on the RX is certainly not as good as my pickup was... I'll try to snap a pic of my screen & post it up sometime today.
Old 04-13-17, 07:11 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey Guys:

Cheers, Thivi
I have the same thing on my RX. At the beginning I thought someone drew the line on my camera lens with a maker
Old 04-13-17, 12:03 PM
faroo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Center console has a felt lined insert that can be removed. Dont know why you would do it though. Surprising thing is there a gap of about ~1inch between the bottom of the insert and the base of the center console where something can be stored and likely forgotten.
Page#515 of the manual.
Old 04-14-17, 04:38 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by faroo
Center console has a felt lined insert that can be removed. Dont know why you would do it though. Surprising thing is there a gap of about ~1inch between the bottom of the insert and the base of the center console where something can be stored and likely forgotten.
Page#515 of the manual.
Secret compartment! But you spoiled it!
Old 04-14-17, 06:36 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by faroo
Page#515 of the manual.
this is perfect for the owners manual.
Old 04-14-17, 08:31 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Bad: Navigation system will not auto zoom-in near the next turn.
Old 04-14-17, 08:39 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by guxu
Bad: Navigation system will not auto zoom-in near the next turn.
But it will indicate when to turn on the small screen of the dash board, or on the Heads Up Display for those that are equiped.
Old 04-20-17, 11:27 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Good: The manual pouch/case/holder has a magnetic thing to keep the cover in place.

Bad: When the magnetic thing is on the designed place and the pouch/case/holder is in the perfect shape, it won't fit in the glove box

Last edited by guxu; 04-20-17 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-20-17, 11:39 AM
guxu
Pole Position

For the secret compartment, I put both owner's manual and GPS manual there and they still fit. But in sharp turns, I can hear they knocking the compartment walls. Some cloth or tissue paper should solve this problem.
Old 04-23-17, 01:18 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts

That compartment under the centre console is actually made for the manuals - in Australia our RX's have a label there showing the use of this compartment.
Old 04-23-17, 11:28 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts
Default I am surprised that....

you do not have to pull over and put the car in park to adjust the rear view mirror. I am also surprised that the U.S. Department Of Transportation would allow such a risky maneuver while driving and I have sent a letter to them demanding they control this task by installing an electronic rear view mirror that can be disabled unless the car is in park.
The distraction of "setting" or "changing" driving position memory when not in park should also be forbidden, oh wait a second it already is.
Grrr, end of rant!!
Old 04-23-17, 11:50 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

you can set the seat memory while driving, no need to be in park. you just can't recall the memory while not in park, which makes sense to me.

My wife is short 5'4" I am tall 6'1" she has the seat set up and forward, mine is seat all the way down and all the way back, if she was to accidently hit my setting while driving, she would not be able to reach the pedal or steering wheel, or see over the wheel. That is an accident in the making.

it makes perfect sense that memory recall cannot be done while moving..
Old 04-23-17, 12:43 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

You are correct sir, you can set the seat while driving, I apology and stand corrected. Recently I was driving to southern CA, it's a long drive, and I wanted to change my seat to one of my other positions. I stopped for lunch and forgot to change the seat before I got on the freeway and was annoyed, thus the rant.
Old 05-13-17, 08:45 AM
greatalok
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the new RX 350. A minor annoyance is the sun-glass that holder can't seem to hold the glasses in place. When I open the flap, the glasses often fall down.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)