RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-17, 11:14 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Air conditioning DUAL?

Originally Posted by winsalem
I thought my A/C was broken...air wasn't coming out of the passenger side vents. Then discovered this by searching in the PDF '16 RX Owner's Manual:

S-FLOW mode

In S-FLOW mode, priority for the airflow is given to the front seats, reducing the airflow and air conditioning effect on the rear seats.

If a passenger is not detected in the front passenger seat, priority for the air-flow will be given to the driver's seat only.

In this case, the temperature indicator for the front passenger side will turn off. S-FLOW mode will be activated automatically according to the set temperature, outside temperature, etc. (P. 502)

The indicator comes on when S-FLOW mode is on.

As we say down South, well shut my mouth!
-------
the NX has a dual button which can be turned on/off.
If I turn off dual, the driver temp control also controls passenger temp.
I like that for 98% of the time. I see no need to adjust two temperatures as I drive alone mostly.

Does RX have something similar? I haven't looked in AC 'settings' yet.
Old 05-13-17, 04:11 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kent2174
-------
the NX has a dual button which can be turned on/off.
If I turn off dual, the driver temp control also controls passenger temp.
I like that for 98% of the time. I see no need to adjust two temperatures as I drive alone mostly.

Does RX have something similar? I haven't looked in AC 'settings' yet.
Yes. the driver side controls both sides if you want it to. If you want dual, the passenger adjusts their setting. It shows up on the screen A/C, dual, and it's highlighted.

S flow mode does allow the air to be just at the driver and passenger BUT I found that it reduces the total air flow so when you have the air on MAC on a hot day, turning OFF S Flow mode actually gives you a more powerful stream of air than turning it on.

There is also some sort of sensor that sometimes detects if a passenger is in the seat and it is not, the passenger climate control is turned off.
Old 05-15-17, 11:30 AM
hbc0175
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Not as it may seem

Originally Posted by greatalok
Love the new RX 350. A minor annoyance is the sun-glass that holder can't seem to hold the glasses in place. When I open the flap, the glasses often fall down.
I too thought the 2017 sunglass holder was made a bit oddly as my glasses kept falling out unlike my 2007 model. I showed my Brother this, he being a car nerd too said his BMW X5 did that until he realized you put the glasses in differently. Face the lenses in toward the felt and then the "arms" of your sunglasses folded up tuck in to the notch at the bottom of the sunglass tray. I hope this helps you, because I was super annoyed at dropping my Maui Jim glasses all the time.
The following users liked this post:
greatalok (05-15-17)
Old 05-15-17, 11:46 AM
hbc0175
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nas2344
I've got F sport 17 RX and the headlights can level out right, when you start it at night they sweep up and down? They adjust over elevation I assume?
I miss the auto level headlights from my 2007 to 2017, I thought I had that option with the extra features I was getting, but turns out I don't. I get flashed all of the time with the LED lights now when not on high or if my car is slightly angled upward on elevation. First world problems I know, but I never thought to ask if it has the adjustable headlights until the first nighttime drive I took and they didn't adjust on corners
Old 05-15-17, 11:52 AM
hbc0175
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been looking for this for a while and just hadn't had the time until now to research and found this forum. I appreciate it!
Old 05-15-17, 04:02 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hbc0175
I miss the auto level headlights from my 2007 to 2017, I thought I had that option with the extra features I was getting, but turns out I don't. I get flashed all of the time with the LED lights now when not on high or if my car is slightly angled upward on elevation. First world problems I know, but I never thought to ask if it has the adjustable headlights until the first nighttime drive I took and they didn't adjust on corners
I have the triple beam and they do auto level. However it was too low on the road for me so I raised it a little. Now it reaches further out and doesn't blind the traffic.

When they flash you flash them back. They will see how strong your high beams are.
The following 2 users liked this post by aznkorboi:
bdman360 (05-17-17), ggebhardt (06-02-17)
Old 05-22-17, 11:27 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone else find the lumbar "hump" give away under acceleration? It's hard to reproduce, but I swear I can feel the air bladder losing some pressure and feeling like it's caving, but then it seems to get back to normal. In other words, it doesnt feel rock solid, which is the first car ive ever experienced this.
Old 05-22-17, 11:52 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Anyone else find the lumbar "hump" give away under acceleration? It's hard to reproduce, but I swear I can feel the air bladder losing some pressure and feeling like it's caving, but then it seems to get back to normal. In other words, it doesnt feel rock solid, which is the first car ive ever experienced this.
Wow I thought I was the only one... Does anyone know how the lumbar is built in the RX? On my 2nd week with the car it felt as though the right side of the lumbar support collapsed to half of what the left is. No matter how far back I retract it or how far out I push it, or how far up or down i move it, the right is always half of the left. How difficult do you think this would be for Lexus to fix? I have the luxury package.

On a separate note, I like how the left and right turn lights with the triple beam headlights turn on when you put the car in reverse. I noticed it this week, really illuminates everything around you with LED's shining in all directions.
Old 05-23-17, 09:48 AM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
Wow I thought I was the only one... Does anyone know how the lumbar is built in the RX? On my 2nd week with the car it felt as though the right side of the lumbar support collapsed to half of what the left is. No matter how far back I retract it or how far out I push it, or how far up or down i move it, the right is always half of the left. How difficult do you think this would be for Lexus to fix? I have the luxury package.

On a separate note, I like how the left and right turn lights with the triple beam headlights turn on when you put the car in reverse. I noticed it this week, really illuminates everything around you with LED's shining in all directions.
Cool on the lights, never noticed this. I have the f-sport seats and the sensation is weird and unnerving when driving. Mine never feels like it's completely collapsed and it does come back when I cycle through the button...nevertheless it makes me question the build quality! Would imagine a new seat or at least back would be required. Im just too fatigued going to the dealer that I just live with it until Im done with this car and lexus.
Old 05-23-17, 02:34 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Yes. Noticed this like day one. It makes a weird pop sound when its fully inflated. I deflated it a tad and it doens't do it anymore. THe key is to use your core muscles for proper posture and the lumbar support as slight support. Too much lordosis and it's not good for you! Unless you have a herniated disk with extension bias
Old 05-30-17, 08:40 AM
MisterQ
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
...When they flash you flash them back. They will see how strong your high beams are.
Some people just assume that your high beam is on, you should just flash them once to let them know you're not using high beam. Happened to me occasionally, after you flash them back they won't flash again, but if you ignore their flashes, they will continue to flash you.
Old 05-30-17, 01:07 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

What amazes me, is that all factory fog/driving lights are wired so that they can not be used with high beam headlights. As soon as the high beams are activated, the fog/driving lights go out. When switched back to low beam, the fog/driving lights come back on. This has been in place for many years in the USA, yet morons (usually driving something with dim yellowish lights) continue to flash at newer cars because the "think" the high beams are on. In reality, they have been driving with dim yellow lights for so long, that anything brighter than their miserable lights MUST be on high beam. Some people just can't be re-educated on changing technology.
Old 05-31-17, 04:44 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

I am the proud owner of two 2017 450H units.

The first one disappointed my with the HUD as my polarized sunglasses would make the HUD invisible unless I tilted my head.

Lexus has done something as my newest RX450h the HUD is VERY visible with the same sunglasses without tilting my head. Somehow they changed the display. I can tilt my head and watch the display disappear but with no tilt the display is working perfectly now.
Old 05-31-17, 10:50 AM
Anipilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the LKA in the 2017 RX FSport assist the steering to nudge the vehicle back into lane? Driving a brand new rental corolla, I could feel the steering nudge back gently but on my RX, I can only feel the steering judder and vibrate but not steer back on the lane. Is this customisable?
Old 05-31-17, 11:18 AM
ELDONnTN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anipilot
Does the LKA in the 2017 RX FSport assist the steering to nudge the vehicle back into lane? Driving a brand new rental corolla, I could feel the steering nudge back gently but on my RX, I can only feel the steering judder and vibrate but not steer back on the lane. Is this customisable?
I find the LKA is most noticeable on the interstate at higher speeds. Find yourself a nice clear patch with several lanes and then test it out. Make sure its on and then let go, should nudge you back and forth and make warning noise. On regular roads i find its more of a nuisance and just keep it off unless i'm tired. note: I set all my settings to highest sensitivity when I got the car. Figured would be safer and I could dial it back later as needed.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)