RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 02:09 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Anipilot
Does the LKA in the 2017 RX FSport assist the steering to nudge the vehicle back into lane? Driving a brand new rental corolla, I could feel the steering nudge back gently but on my RX, I can only feel the steering judder and vibrate but not steer back on the lane. Is this customisable?
Make sure Lane Centering is turned on. Use the screen in the gauge cluster.
Old 05-31-17, 02:10 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Enform Remote on iOS finally allows Touch ID!
Old 05-31-17, 07:57 PM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I can also confirm that the Fingerprint Scanner function is on Android devices (in my case, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).
Old 06-01-17, 06:35 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

Can anyone confirm their RX trunk light switch is wired backward on one side.
My just-picked-up '17 RX-F has the left side light turn on by flipping the switch up. The right side, however, turns on when the switch is flip down. Not a big deal at all, but why would they do this?
Old 06-01-17, 11:54 AM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
My just-picked-up '17 RX-F has the left side light turn on by flipping the switch up. The right side, however, turns on when the switch is flip down. Not a big deal at all, but why would they do this?
Yeah, same for my rx450h f-sport.....assembly or design error.
Old 06-01-17, 08:29 PM
Anipilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yardbird88
Yeah, same for my rx450h f-sport.....assembly or design error.
Same on my FSport 450h
Old 06-02-17, 08:02 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I think it's a universal light with a switch. It can go on either side. Therefore if you take the one that seems normal and flip it to the other side the switch would be on the interior part of the trunk. So they rotate it over so the switch is on the backside of the trunk, but that makes the switch go up rather than down. Boy what a strange explanation, hopefully you know what I mean.
Old 06-02-17, 08:59 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

No. It doesn't make any sense. If you take same light with the same switch on the left side of the light and mount it to the other side, It will flip the same way and the switch still be on the left side of the light..that's assuming it's a universal part with one part number. This is the logical way to do it.
If you take the same light with the same switch on the left side of the light and rotate it and mount on the other side, the switch would be flipped, but the switch would also be on the right side of the light now.

I think the two light hts are different part numbers and it's just strange design.
Old 06-02-17, 12:56 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
That is about all Enform has to brag about. They have been a real mess for the last few months.

When is works it is nice though and I have had no problems.
Old 06-05-17, 05:52 AM
FastFord
Racer

No. It doesn't make any sense. If you take same light with the same switch on the left side of the light and mount it to the other side, It will flip the same way and the switch still be on the left side of the light..that's assuming it's a universal part with one part number. This is the logical way to do it.
If you take the same light with the same switch on the left side of the light and rotate it and mount on the other side, the switch would be flipped, but the switch would also be on the right side of the light now.

I think the two light hts are different part numbers and it's just strange design.
The part number is R81330 0E010 and it's a universal fit. Therefore flipping it to the other side would make the switch up for on, on one side and down for on, on the other side.
Old 06-07-17, 12:53 PM
greatalok
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been driving the new car since one month now and experienced the first front collision warning. I was driving down the state road and the traffic up front was at a complete halt. I got some loud beeps well in advance and was able to brake at a safe distance. Great safety feature which works.
Old 06-07-17, 10:53 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by feddery
Yes, true, I wish it automatically slow you down a bit before it actually stops you hard
That's what the adaptive cruise control is for.
Old 06-08-17, 02:53 PM
Anipilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by feddery
Yes, true, I wish it automatically slow you down a bit before it actually stops you hard
Isn't it supposed to assist braking to avoid a collision? That's what I read some where in the manual
Old 06-08-17, 04:02 PM
FastFord
Racer

I'm glad it doesn't slow you down. It doesn't know what I am thinking and what I am trying to do on the road. I get nervous when the light comes on thinking it's about to slam on the brakes when I don't want it to. I appreciate the technology and thinks it serves a very useful purpose but I am not ready for a self driving car. Must admit the brakes certainly do come on hard when it thinks you are in a panic/emergency stop. First time it happened, my wife gave me the hairy eye ball.
Old 06-08-17, 09:30 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Anipilot
Isn't it supposed to assist braking to avoid a collision? That's what I read some where in the manual
Experienced it too, but for people who are a bit aggressive on the road, I'm a little worried when it will abruptly stop when I get close when switching lanes.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)