RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-17, 01:44 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

From the user manual,

If the system detects that the steering wheel has not been operated for a fixed amount of time or the steering wheel is not being firmly gripped, a warning is displayed on the multiinformation display and the warning buzzer sounds.
However, the amount of time is not really fixed. The RX is smart enough that it will warn you every second if it is in a curve. But if it is on a straight road, it will give you more time to relax.
Old 08-03-17, 06:36 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by guxu
From the user manual,

However, the amount of time is not really fixed. The RX is smart enough that it will warn you every second if it is in a curve. But if it is on a straight road, it will give you more time to relax.
with key in pocket, door handles light up as you approach the car. Apologies if that was mentioned already but I just discovered this tonight.
Old 08-03-17, 07:50 PM
rt097k
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On F Sport models, you can change the color of the needle on the speedometer. Use the steering wheel controls to access the "meter settings" and under the needle settings you can change it from the default blue needle color to white or red.
The following users liked this post:
PaiMei (08-04-17)
Old 08-07-17, 09:02 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

I just found out that we can not only open the back hatch from the dash button, but we can also close it with that button. No need to get out & walk back if you are unloading with the help of another person. Just push & hold the button & the hatch will begin to close just like you pushed the button on the bottom of the hatch.
Old 08-11-17, 07:27 AM
guxu
Pole Position

The alarm indicator light flashes no matter the doors are locked or not. Of course when the doors are not locked, anyone can enter the RX and the alarm will not do anything.
Old 08-14-17, 12:50 AM
kevinmlexu
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Change to Adaptive Cruise Control

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
On Canadian 2016 RX' the Cruise Control will reduce the speed very Smoothly until 49 km/h (30mph). after that the Cruise kicks our and the you have to take over. If you miss to stop then the collision detection kicks in and locks up the brakes.

I believe the 2017 rx has a Full Speed Cruise Control which control the speed all the way to 0.
I noticed this in my 2016 rx as well (leased 1 year ago yesterday, by the way). I didn't drive my RX for most of July. When I got back at the end of the month though, it performed and over the air update. After that, my cruise control does run all the way down to 0 and then back up again when in traffic. Good feature.
Old 08-15-17, 12:49 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

I found a couple of good ones reading the manual last night:
1. Temperature control is tied to your remote - you can switch sides and your settings will follow you. I haven't tried this out.
2. There is a fog sensor on the windshield to detect if your windshield is fogged up
3. There are two hooks in the front passenger foot well for hanging bags
Old 08-15-17, 12:56 PM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Another great in-depth review of RX450

Old 08-16-17, 05:35 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1

I just found out that we can not only open the back hatch from the dash button, but we can also close it with that button. No need to get out & walk back if you are unloading with the help of another person. Just push & hold the button & the hatch will begin to close just like you pushed the button on the bottom of the hatch.

my only word of caution is be mindful if you are in an enclosed garage... i was in a parking structure and used the button to open the hatch... i didnt realize how low the ceilings were... luckily the hatch didnt hit the ceiling... but it was maybe an 1/8 inch from doing so....

if i had gotten out to open it by pressing the button on the hatch.. i would noticed the height of the ceilings..
Old 08-16-17, 09:42 AM
CharSiuBao
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I plugged in my iPhone for the first time, my phone popped up a message that "an app for this accessory is available for your iPhone". It downloads a DENSO GPS app that allows you to search for destinations on your phone and transfer them to the Nav without futzing with the Lexus joystick to enter an address. Neat!
The following users liked this post:
Danushie (06-17-21)
Old 08-18-17, 08:30 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
This is a good tradeoff by Lexus. I would rather have cheap carpet knowing that it will be covered by all-weather floor and trunk liners. Why spend money on something I won't use?
How can you put 2 floor mats on each other? the lock buttons won't be able to fit both.
Old 08-18-17, 10:14 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
How can you put 2 floor mats on each other? the lock buttons won't be able to fit both.
I think you may have misread my post. What I meant is that all weather liners are superior to the carpet mats provided. Therefore the carpet mats don't matter - throw them out and use "all-weather floor and trunk liners".
The following 2 users liked this post by ericsan13:
Nail34 (08-18-17), tommytqt (08-18-17)
Old 08-20-17, 06:49 PM
guxu
Pole Position

The warning label on sun visor feels kind of sticky. I thought it was only my car. But the loaner has the same thing.
Old 08-20-17, 07:30 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by guxu
The warning label on sun visor feels kind of sticky. I thought it was only my car. But the loaner has the same thing.
it looks terrible and tacky ( like all the warning stickers inside the door jambs that I always remove ) so as I won't come off I usually go to my local vinyl wrap shop and get a small sample of wrap the same colour as the visor and cut it to size so it covers it and blends in
Old 08-21-17, 05:57 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by tommytqt
A note of caution: ever since the sudden acceleration lawsuits, Toyota/Lexus will not allow a dealer to give a car back to a customer with more than one floor mat in the driver's area or a mat that is not properly fastened down. My carpet is black, so I put the thin, clear mats down over my carpet mats with Velcro fasteners, but that isn't good enough for Toyota. They will take them out & place them in the cargo area before anything is done to the car. They said it's a liability issue for them.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)