RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-17, 12:23 PM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 4 questions i was hoping you may know the answer right away. Really appreciate it.
  1. My 2017 f sport has a cut out for the headlight washer but couldn't find the button to activate it anywhere. I assume mine does not have it.
  2. How does land keep assist work? Because sometimes i tried and my steering wheel did not vibrate. Even when i change the sensitive level to sensitive but i feel like its off when my car is off. I have to press the LKA button twice to activate it again.
  3. The precollision button on the steering wheel. when i pressed, it didn't show anything on the screen. Does it suppose to show something?
  4. Trunk sensor L logo, it seem like it takes a while to activate. I give up pressing the button most of the time. Especially when my car is locked, the first "hand" at the logo just to unlock it, then i have to "hand" again to get it opens
Thanks very much for your help
Old 08-22-17, 06:53 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

!. The headlight washer works when the lights are on and you first use the spray function. It does the wind sheild also. After the first pull it does it ever 4th or 5th ( I forget) pull,

2. Check options for vibrate, probably turned off...after a while you might disable it again. Mine just beeps and I am on the fence to get rid of that as well.

3. Pre-collision lines show up when in cruise control....Might want to verify that! See post below, don't want you driving into the rear of someone! So as stated the "precollision buttons on the steering wheel" are actually adaptive cruise control lines. Pre-collision is set from the menu under the little "gear" symbol.

4. Trunk logo hates me to! Others it works fine. Dealer can set the sensitivity. I prefer mine not working that well because there are times I'm working in the garage with the door closed and I don't want it opening with the door closed.

Last edited by FastFord; 08-22-17 at 09:26 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FastFord:
PeeVee (08-23-17), tommytqt (08-22-17)
Old 08-22-17, 06:59 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

3. I do not think it is a pre-collision button. It is a distance adjust button for adaptive cruise control.
The following 3 users liked this post by guxu:
FastFord (08-22-17), ggebhardt (08-24-17), tommytqt (08-22-17)
Old 08-22-17, 07:11 AM
FastFord
Racer

Cool thank you! Didn't look right when I typed it....that's why I said to verify that....Thank you!
Old 08-22-17, 08:27 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Previously i had a NX. The nav screen has a session for weather. So i have my music on small top left and weather with a picture of the sun/rain/snow at the bottom left. The big right side is Map. I can't find weather anywhere to make the same set up.
I believe i can go deep into the menu to look at the weather but it is nice to have it show on the screen at all time.
Old 08-22-17, 09:28 AM
FastFord
Racer

Well in Canada they don't want us to know what the weather is or traffic conditions, so I can't help your there!

Lots of traffic stuck in the snow!
Old 08-22-17, 09:34 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Well in Canada they don't want us to know what the weather is or traffic conditions, so I can't help your there!

Lots of traffic stuck in the snow!
In Quebec it is illegal to hold a phone while at the wheel. And some are pushing to even make the hands free units illegal too because talking while driving is a too much distraction... (sheesh!)

They don't want us to be distracted by the screen either...
Old 08-23-17, 05:18 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by FastFord
1. The headlight washer works when the lights are on and you first use the spray function. It does the wind sheild also. After the first pull it does it every 4th or 5th ( I forget) pull,

I'll be damed, I thought that those rectangles were merely fillers because it was not equipped with it... Tried it last night and they came out and made a big splash!
The following users liked this post:
tommytqt (08-23-17)
Old 08-23-17, 05:53 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PeeVee
I'll be damed, I thought that those rectangles were merely fillers because it was not equipped with it... Tried it last night and they came out and made a big splash!
Really....? i'll try it tonight..... yahooo....
Old 08-23-17, 11:32 AM
FastFord
Racer

Nice! It's probably been working during wiper time and you didn't even know it!
Old 08-24-17, 10:02 AM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure on non-Fsport models, but the f-sport headrests articulate forward, not just up and down. Just found this out after a year when I stretched out to pull the headrest forward...it clicks three times forward towards your neck. Nice.
The following users liked this post:
AST300 (10-02-17)
Old 08-24-17, 10:11 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 383 Posts

One day I will find the tubes that feed the headlight washer and crimp them so they never ruin my wax job again!
Old 08-24-17, 04:10 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
One day I will find the tubes that feed the headlight washer and crimp them so they never ruin my wax job again!

Of course you don't need them in Florida. For us Canadians, it is usefull to wash the melting salt deposite on them in the winter.
Old 08-24-17, 04:12 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggebhardt

Oh and if you ever come up here to ski in the winter, don`t forget to remove your cramping clips before!
Old 08-29-17, 10:29 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinmlexu
I noticed this in my 2016 rx as well (leased 1 year ago yesterday, by the way). I didn't drive my RX for most of July. When I got back at the end of the month though, it performed and over the air update. After that, my cruise control does run all the way down to 0 and then back up again when in traffic. Good feature.
How did you perform the "over the air update"? Is it a enform thing? I'm in Canada and the 2016 model shuts the system off at 40 kph

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)