RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-18, 10:40 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Sorry if this was brought up already. I just noticed over the weekend that there’s a clear layer over the bumper. Does anyone know what type this is? In any case it’s nice that Lexus does this.
Not on mine and it has 2 chips on it and see the black plastic underneath.

And I paid for the film on the hood.
Old 01-26-18, 06:59 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS
I didn't know this was possible until I read about it in a different thread but I just had the dealer change the settings for my key fob. I can now open the windows and moon roof. I also had them change the side view mirrors to fold/unfold with the engine instead of the door lock. And the quick turn signal now blinks 5 times instead of 3. There's a lot more things you can customize but these were the only ones I wanted.
Yes, there are several options you can be customized at the dealer or using an OBD II coder. Here is the list: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...navigation.pdf
The following users liked this post:
CharmCtyIS (01-26-18)
Old 01-27-18, 05:42 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I picked up my 2017 RX 350 a month ago. Just made a discovery that probably everyone knew. The cargo net seemed far bulkier than the one on my 2015 cargo net. Mainly due to what I thought was the vinyl bottom. (Think I've used the cargo net maybe twice in all the years I've owned RX's .} So now I'm wondering what to do with this bulky thing. Well I moved it, and it kind of jingled. I found it was a zipper on the bottom making a noise. Why does this have a zipper? It finally dawned on me that what I thought was a bottom was actually a cover for the net. I stuffed the net in, zipped it up, laid across against the back seat. It is out of the way and available if I need it. Now if only I can figure out what to do with that darn cargo cover!
Old 01-27-18, 05:55 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by Marqevans
I picked up my 2017 RX 350 a month ago. Just made a discovery that probably everyone knew. The cargo net seemed far bulkier than the one on my 2015 cargo net. Mainly due to what I thought was the vinyl bottom. (Think I've used the cargo net maybe twice in all the years I've owned RX's .} So now I'm wondering what to do with this bulky thing. Well I moved it, and it kind of jingled. I found it was a zipper on the bottom making a noise. Why does this have a zipper? It finally dawned on me that what I thought was a bottom was actually a cover for the net. I stuffed the net in, zipped it up, laid across against the back seat. It is out of the way and available if I need it. Now if only I can figure out what to do with that darn cargo cover!
My cargo cover is in my basement.
Old 01-28-18, 12:12 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 115 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Marqevans
My grievance with the cargo net is that the attachment points are beginning of the load area. I own another vehicle where the attachment points are at the beginning and then another set midway between the back of the rear seating and the beginning of the trunk The midways points are very helpful and I use the cargo net constantly in that position. Too bad the RX doesn't have additional attachment points midway as I would get some real use out of the cargo net. As it stands, I simply have the net tucked away in its pouch and do not use it.
Old 01-28-18, 04:14 PM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRX
My grievance with the cargo net is that the attachment points are beginning of the load area. I own another vehicle where the attachment points are at the beginning and then another set midway between the back of the rear seating and the beginning of the trunk The midways points are very helpful and I use the cargo net constantly in that position. Too bad the RX doesn't have additional attachment points midway as I would get some real use out of the cargo net. As it stands, I simply have the net tucked away in its pouch and do not use it.
I agree, I would use it more if it was mounted further back. Another issue I have is that the mounting clips are difficult to pinch when you are trying to remove the net which is stretched so tight,
Old 01-29-18, 06:54 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

I use the net quite a lot. I find it useful for things that tends to roll around, like a large melon.

When not needed, I tuck it in the bottom plastic pouch and rip it closed, that way it's not too cumbersome.
Old 01-29-18, 11:27 AM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I rarely use it except to hold a gallon milk jug in place. I seriously think it looks really cool though!
Old 02-05-18, 10:21 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

The all speed cruise control and be set/activated at a full stop. The system will default to a speed of 28 MPH. When the car in front of you move, push your cruise control stick up and the car will follow the car in front automatically.
Old 02-12-18, 02:48 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRX

I felt the same way so I found this on Amazon. I like it much better than the cargo net and it doesn't slide around if you have the all weather cargo mat. It folds up pretty small as well.
Old 02-12-18, 04:27 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS

I felt the same way so I found this on Amazon. I like it much better than the cargo net and it doesn't slide around if you have the all weather cargo mat. It folds up pretty small as well.
Cool accessory.
Old 02-15-18, 08:27 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool Speedo

The speedo works when the car is in reverse !
The following users liked this post:
Hubs (02-16-18)
Old 02-15-18, 08:29 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile Cup Holders

The central cupholder with the adjustable base, holds a bottle of wine
Old 02-16-18, 08:15 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by LordBowral
The speedo works when the car is in reverse !
It does? Never seen a car do that.
Old 02-17-18, 04:52 PM
Trap
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When closing the rear hatch, press the "close" button" on the hatch twice, and after it closes all doors all lock. Neat to be able to walk away without having to hit the fob or go back to a door handle.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)