RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 05:22 PM
Hubs
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
It does? Never seen a car do that.
it does.

I’m sure it’s going to make a teen driver happy one day.
Old 03-06-18, 08:42 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LordBowral
The central cupholder with the adjustable base, holds a bottle of wine
Actually both console cup holders will hold bottles of wine. Had 2 in there Saturday night. Bet a cop would get a kick out of that if you got pulled over!
Old 03-09-18, 08:14 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

It is more to the "bad" for 3RX than good for 4RX. Yesterday I stopped at a red light on a hilly road, side-by-side with a 3RX. When we started moving, that 3RX actually rolled backward and my 4RX did not roll backward at all
Old 03-11-18, 05:28 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by guxu
It is more to the "bad" for 3RX than good for 4RX. Yesterday I stopped at a red light on a hilly road, side-by-side with a 3RX. When we started moving, that 3RX actually rolled backward and my 4RX did not roll backward at all
You have you're auto-lock at ON.
I use it rarely.
Old 03-12-18, 08:45 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PeeVee
You have you're auto-lock at ON.
I use it rarely.
Are you talking about Hill Start Assist? I do not even know it can be turned off.
Old 03-12-18, 09:47 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Are you talking about Hill Start Assist? I do not even know it can be turned off.
Kinda what I thought. Our GTI 6spd has it too & it can’t be turned off, but that’s a good thing on a manual tranny.
Old 03-12-18, 10:04 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

You press the button "hold" that is on the left of the seat heating buttons and just above the "auto" with a green LED lit, the symbol will disappear from the dash. Congratulations! It is now turned off!
Old 03-12-18, 10:07 AM
guxu
Pole Position

You press the button "hold" that is on the left of the seat heating buttons and just above the "auto" with a green LED lit, the symbol will disappear from the dash. Congratulations! It is now turned off!
My understanding, Hill Start Assist and Auto Hold are two different features. I rarely use the Auto Hold either.
Old 03-12-18, 10:10 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

My understanding, Hill Start Assist and Auto Hold are two different features. I rarely use the Auto Hold either.
Auto hold can be used for hill assist, or rest your foot while at a red light and you don't need to hold the brake pedal.

I never heard or seen another feature than that for hill.
Old 03-12-18, 01:31 PM
guxu
Pole Position

Auto hold can be used for hill assist, or rest your foot while at a red light and you don't need to hold the brake pedal.

I never heard or seen another feature than that for hill.
Hill Start Assist will hold your brake for several seconds when the car detects it is on a slope. Auto Hold, just as you said, will hold the brake for you till you step on the gas pedal. Most of the car models I checked in recent years have the Hill Start Assist feature. But not all of them have Auto Hold.
Old 03-14-18, 06:24 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is a interesting bad discovery and more of a question - that i didnt think was worthy of a new thread.

Wife and I commute to and from work together everyday. After we pull up to work and park.. i shut the car off and open the driver side car - the car proceeds to BEEP until my wife opens the passenger side door. this is generally longer than i would like... and its a nuisance when my kids fall asleep in the car and i would like to let them nap a bit longer...

To the best of my knowledge and memory - the beeping does not occur when i drive alone - then again it may be because i get out and close the driver side door quick enough that i never notice...

Why does the car BEEP until the passenger side door is opened??? Is Lexus worried i am going to lock my wife in the car accidentally??

With the old ignitions - i understood that the beeping was needed if the key was left in the ignition - so it was reminder... HEY DONT FORGET THE KEYS....

Thanks for any info...
Old 03-14-18, 06:37 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by chunktwo
This is a interesting bad discovery and more of a question - that i didnt think was worthy of a new thread.

Wife and I commute to and from work together everyday. After we pull up to work and park.. i shut the car off and open the driver side car - the car proceeds to BEEP until my wife opens the passenger side door. this is generally longer than i would like... and its a nuisance when my kids fall asleep in the car and i would like to let them nap a bit longer...

To the best of my knowledge and memory - the beeping does not occur when i drive alone - then again it may be because i get out and close the driver side door quick enough that i never notice...

Why does the car BEEP until the passenger side door is opened??? Is Lexus worried i am going to lock my wife in the car accidentally??

With the old ignitions - i understood that the beeping was needed if the key was left in the ignition - so it was reminder... HEY DONT FORGET THE KEYS....

Thanks for any info...

Does your wife have her key fob on her?

If you look into your dash, you may see a message something like "key still in the car". So you don't leave the car without the key cause someone can steel it with the key inside, it warns you.

It happened to me a couple of times.
Old 03-14-18, 07:05 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Mine doesn’t do that, so the other key fob still in the car makes sense. I’m not aware of any setting that would cause this otherwise.
Old 03-14-18, 08:37 AM
guxu
Pole Position

It is very interesting that I just noticed the BEEP yesterday when I was checking the head-liner because of that sunroof thread. After I was done (sunroof was closed, car was off), I heard the BEEP when I was outside and the driver door was open. I was the only person near the car and the key fob is always in my pocket.

I did not notice anything unusual this morning.
Old 03-14-18, 09:22 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Is this the beeping when seat belt is removed prior to shutting off car?
When I do remove seat belt prior to final shutdown, I can turn off the alarm by pressing the door button.
I did discover the other day, removed seat belt, shut off car, before I could press door button to silence alarm, my friend exited passenger side, which to my surprise shut off the alarm.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)