RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-18, 11:36 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
I dont think that's true. Unless they changed it from the 2016.

You can set the sensitivity so the light will light up at a much earlier time if a car in the next lane is going at a high rate of speed behind you. But unless you turn your blinkers on it won't flash.
i have had the same experience as the person you quoted. on the way to work - i am generally in right or middle lane on i am mentally on a "set it and forget it" mode.
the indicators have gone off with no turn signal when people zoom by to eat the gap.

starting around page 316 of owners manual seems to consistent with my personal experience... will pay attention more to make sure..

Last edited by chunktwo; 04-03-18 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-03-18, 11:38 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by chunktwo
i have had the same experience as the person you quoted. on the way to work - i am generally in right or middle lane on i am mentally on a "set it and forget it" mode.
the indicators have gone off with no turn signal when people zoom by to eat the gap.
Wow. Ok. Maybe I dont pay attention enough or they changed it. Thank you for this info guys
Old 04-04-18, 05:41 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hubs
If a car is approaching at a much faster speed on your left or right, the blindspot indicator will flash even if your turn signal is not activated.
Wow. Ok. Maybe I dont pay attention enough or they changed it. Thank you for this info guys
confirmed this morning that the side mirror indicator LIGHTS up.. but it does not blink as it would if you were turn signal is on.
Old 04-04-18, 12:13 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I dont think that's true. Unless they changed it from the 2016.

You can set the sensitivity so the light will light up at a much earlier time if a car in the next lane is going at a high rate of speed behind you. But unless you turn your blinkers on it won't flash.
Hey/hi.....i paid attention today to ensure the mirrors light up whenever there is a car passing by me...right side and left. Street driving around 25-30 mph.
Blinker not needed to activate the mirror light.
Wonder which variable is causing the difference between yours and mine.
2016 FSport
Old 04-04-18, 12:17 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

The original comment says it flashes if the incoming vehicle goes at a MUCH higher speed the the RX speed.

How much higher, that is the question.
Old 04-05-18, 11:27 AM
Trap
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When using voice recognition, you can interrupt the radio's talking voice by pressing the "listen to me" voice button again while it's talking. Both for the initial prompt and for the read back of what it's going to do.
Now can someone help me turn it's voice off all the time?
Old 04-06-18, 02:02 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

confirmed this morning that the side mirror indicator LIGHTS up.. but it does not blink as it would if you were turn signal is on.
Ok I'm glad I'm not going crazy.

Maybe it was the wording. But yes, mine for sure LIGHTS UP when a car is coming at a high rate of speed and my setting is set to MIDDLE. YOu can change it to late or early so it detects a vehicle earlier or later or even just do the blind spot.

Mine does NOT BLINK and FLASH like if I were to turn my signal light on when there is someone in my blind spot.
Old 04-23-18, 07:52 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2017 RX loaner crazy sound lift gate...

Lexus decided to hand me the keys of a 17 RX for the weekend this while my door panels were being replaced and I am very sad to say that rear hatch is the noisiest thing I have ever heard. I am beyond shocked Lexus approved such a loud motor. Was this just my loaner or is this across the the board for everyone??

Ride was good and it was very comfy in it but that noise is a deal breaker if I was to consider this latest model. BTW I have owned 3 RX suvs fact the wife still has her 14.

She even said wtf is that loud noise....
Old 04-23-18, 08:40 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,815 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Lexus decided to hand me the keys of a 17 RX for the weekend this while my door panels were being replaced and I am very sad to say that rear hatch is the noisiest thing I have ever heard. I am beyond shocked Lexus approved such a loud motor. Was this just my loaner or is this across the the board for everyone??

Ride was good and it was very comfy in it but that noise is a deal breaker if I was to consider this latest model. BTW I have owned 3 RX suvs fact the wife still has her 14.

She even said wtf is that loud noise....
The lift gate is noisy for sure but is that really a deal breaker??
Old 04-23-18, 09:28 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikemu30
The lift gate is noisy for sure but is that really a deal breaker??
that was my though too... i would prefer it to be a bit quieter.. but it did not deter me..

actually id really prefer not to have the auto up/down lift gate.. id much prefer to just have the old school air/hydraulic shocks..
Old 04-23-18, 11:59 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 497 Likes on 375 Posts

that was my though too... i would prefer it to be a bit quieter.. but it did not deter me..

actually id really prefer not to have the auto up/down lift gate.. id much prefer to just have the old school air/hydraulic shocks..
Never tried it but perhaps you could just reach up there and pull it down, no?
Old 04-23-18, 12:21 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Never tried it but perhaps you could just reach up there and pull it down, no?
I wonder - same thing for opening - can you do it manually? I'm quite capable if you know what I mean.
Old 04-23-18, 12:50 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
I wonder - same thing for opening - can you do it manually? I'm quite capable if you know what I mean.
Happened this weekend: my daughter teenager didn't know about the button to close, she grabbed the door and pulled it down as to close it manually, It did not close as we do manually but it triggered the electric motors to close the door like she pressed the button.
Old 04-23-18, 12:54 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Happened this weekend: my daughter teenager didn't know about the button to close, she grabbed the door and pulled it down as to close it manually, It did not close as we do manually but it triggered the electric motors to close the door like she pressed the button.
Wow - surprising you must do it that way.
Old 04-23-18, 02:07 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

I just went outside and pulled the rear hatch down, all the way to close, no problem.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)