RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-19 | 01:15 PM
Rpickoff
Driver

Default Front door storage compartment

I just discovered, on the 2020 RX at least, the storage pocket on the driver's door pulls open to expand access to the contents. Nice touch!
Old 11-03-19 | 03:15 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Originally Posted by Rpickoff
I just discovered, on the 2020 RX at least, the storage pocket on the driver's door pulls open to expand access to the contents. Nice touch!
My 2017 has them on both front doors.
Old 11-03-19 | 04:16 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by Rpickoff
2016 also has them...
Old 11-04-19 | 06:32 AM
andye39s
Driver

Within minutes of driving my 2019 RXh off the dealer lot, I noticed when I turned on the climate control, only the driver's side came on - only the driver's side temperature reading was lit, and there actually was no airflow on the passenger's vent. It came on as soon as I pressed the passenger's side temperature control, and once on you can't turn it back on manually (not that I could find anyway). If you have a passenger, it will always come on. A nice touch to save even more power.

I've driven other 4RX in the past but never noticed it.
Old 11-04-19 | 10:09 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by andye39s
Within minutes of driving my 2019 RXh off the dealer lot, I noticed when I turned on the climate control, only the driver's side came on - only the driver's side temperature reading was lit, and there actually was no airflow on the passenger's vent. It came on as soon as I pressed the passenger's side temperature control, and once on you can't turn it back on manually (not that I could find anyway). If you have a passenger, it will always come on. A nice touch to save even more power.

I've driven other 4RX in the past but never noticed it.
No need to worry about power loss. The hybrids use an electric motor to drive the air conditioning compressor and so the engine does not power the compressor. The only item still on the belt is the water pump.
Old 11-05-19 | 09:51 AM
andye39s
Driver

Originally Posted by golferjack
No need to worry about power loss. The hybrids use an electric motor to drive the air conditioning compressor and so the engine does not power the compressor. The only item still on the belt is the water pump.
Of course, but still a nice little detail to save just a bit more power.

Old 11-05-19 | 11:18 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

[QUOTE=andye39s;10652012]Of course, but still a nice little detail to save just a bit more power.

[/QUOT
E]

My 2007 does the same. It happens when it detects there is no passenger on the passenger seat. I believe it turns off air on that side. Same thing for the rear seats, if there is no one sitting in the back, it will block the rear vents as well. just look at your picture, i didn't see that button, i think the new model does not have that anymore.
Old 11-06-19 | 06:16 AM
andye39s
Driver

[QUOTE=tommytqt;10652065]
Originally Posted by andye39s
Of course, but still a nice little detail to save just a bit more power.

[/QUOT
E]

My 2007 does the same. It happens when it detects there is no passenger on the passenger seat. I believe it turns off air on that side. Same thing for the rear seats, if there is no one sitting in the back, it will block the rear vents as well. just look at your picture, i didn't see that button, i think the new model does not have that anymore.
My 2012 did not do that. When I turn it on, both driver's and passenger's side come on even with no passenger. I also had a 2006 RXh and I don't recall it doing this.

As for the rear, it has the mode to reduce airflow to the rear.
Old 11-06-19 | 06:39 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I found the pause feature, but I’m clueless on the HD Radio. I’m pretty sure there are no HD stations where I live, but I have traveled to lots of areas that do have it & have never seen it pop up on the screen. It wouldn’t surprise me if my system is broken, as we’ve had nothing but trouble with it & the entire unit had to be replaced.
Did you find HD stations yet? Because yes it is on the 2016 model.

Is HD radio enabled for you? Click on Options on the bottom left of the screen, and the HD Radio should be lit blue if enabled. If not, click on it.
Old 11-06-19 | 10:45 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Did you find HD stations yet? Because yes it is on the 2016 model.

Is HD radio enabled for you? Click on Options on the bottom left of the screen, and the HD Radio should be lit blue if enabled. If not, click on it.
I did find the settings. This system sucks! There are no HD Radio stations near me, but when traveling, it’s very difficult to see what stations are HD & which one’s aren’t when scanning. My system sounds good, but the technology was way old before it was ever built! A prime example is the ridiculous compartment between the mouse & console. I’m not sure an old flip phone would fit in there, yet it’s designed to hide a phone & run the cord into the console; how ridiculous!

Last edited by kitlz; 11-06-19 at 05:38 PM. Reason: attitude
Old 11-06-19 | 11:18 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

I did find the settings. This system sucks! There are no HD Radio stations near me, but when traveling, it’s very difficult to see what stations are HD & which one’s aren’t when scanning. My system sounds good, but the technology was way old before it was ever built! A prime example is the ridiculous compartment between the mouse & console. I’m not sure an old flip phone would fit in there, yet it’s designed to hide a phone & run the cord into the console; how ridiculous!

Try this to find the stations:

https://hdradio.com/stations/

Click on National above and enter your ZIP code, it will list the closest stations.

Last edited by kitlz; 11-06-19 at 05:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Danushie (08-10-21)
Old 11-06-19 | 02:54 PM
Rollerdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Does anybody know if the 12.3 inch navi screen will play a DVD video or bluray? And when playing will it use up 100% of the screen or only half? And does it have dolby digital piped to the mark levinson?
I would also like to know this AND would it be possible to link a TV program to view? Maybe catch a football game while my wife drives on long trips...
Old 11-06-19 | 03:24 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Originally Posted by Rollerdog
I would also like to know this AND would it be possible to link a TV program to view? Maybe catch a football game while my wife drives on long trips...
"While my wife drives on long trips"...….heh heh heh.....
Old 11-07-19 | 04:34 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Originally Posted by ravenuer
"While my wife drives on long trips"...….heh heh heh.....

Might as well watch it on a tablet while not driving... Just saying.
Old 11-07-19 | 12:40 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

It's made for an iPod type player, sit it there and plug in through the armrest storage box.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)