RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-19, 01:09 PM
907rx
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollerdog
I would also like to know this AND would it be possible to link a TV program to view? Maybe catch a football game while my wife drives on long trips...
I will find out today,I’ve been wondering my self. The DD logo is shown near the dvd/cd slot. Blurays will not work I’m sure there would be a BD logo if so. I’ll see if I can find a dvd laying around.
Old 11-07-19, 03:56 PM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
It's made for an iPod type player, sit it there and plug in through the armrest storage box.
That is exactly what I do. I have an IPOD Classic in there, and it never sees the light of day, unless I am updating it. It is always there and ready for me to listen to. For me, it is far better than the radio music. Very reliable, and works with either the steering wheel buttons or voice commands. It plugs into the console and is always on.
Old 11-19-19, 09:05 AM
LwagsHamp
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Phone Bluetooth Alternative to Android Auto

I like to listen to audio books on my phone when commuting. In other cars, have had to use a jack to plug into radio. Today, going to work, was going to listen to an audio book on my phone and suddenly realized my phone, which had been set up as a bluetooth phone could play the audio books. Great discovery. Maybe should have been obvious, but still discovering things. Have a lot of music CD's and the cd player only allows one cd at a time. Thinking about buying a cheap cell phone, skipping the connection to a service, and loading the cd's on the phone and using it.
Old 11-20-19, 09:06 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeVee
It never paused during my calls... but yes I could still rewind afterwards (2min increments) and listen again what I missed.
Is it a special setting to pause during a call?
As a followup, yes it did pause when I received a call!
But does not seem to pause when I initiate the call...
Old 11-20-19, 09:17 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by LwagsHamp
Have a lot of music CD's and the cd player only allows one cd at a time. Thinking about buying a cheap cell phone, skipping the connection to a service, and loading the cd's on the phone and using it.
Basically what I did, an old work iPhone, loaded 900 tracks on there and plugged into the USB, phone is the actual "player" of the music and is very good quality using USB. Don't try using a USB flash drive as the "player" is then the in dash system and the quality suffers.
The following users liked this post:
Geekteach (12-20-19)
Old 11-21-19, 03:35 PM
LwagsHamp
Driver School Candidate

So I loaded a Patsy Cline CD that I had downloaded onto a USB drive, inserted it into the USB slot in the arm rest box and voila! system recognized it. Played a track and I have to say the quality is just as good as the radio. Maybe Lexus made an upgrade. Satisfied. Now to start transferring some of my favorite CD's to the usb.
Old 11-21-19, 07:31 PM
LwagsHamp
Driver School Candidate

CD's have files in a CDA format. Will not play in system copied to a USB drive. Need to use Windows Media to rip and convert CDA files to MP3 format. Works well. Settings on the rip process allow you to set the sound quality to the highest level. Problem solved.
Old 11-21-19, 08:46 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by LwagsHamp
CD's have files in a CDA format. Will not play in system copied to a USB drive. Need to use Windows Media to rip and convert CDA files to MP3 format. Works well. Settings on the rip process allow you to set the sound quality to the highest level. Problem solved.
Huh? I thought you said it worked great?
GSFRX350 (11-21-19)
Old 11-26-19, 07:33 AM
LwagsHamp
Driver School Candidate

Had copied one CD that was already mp3 format. Made a wrong assumption that all CD's are mp3. Have now discovered the CDA format. Very fast and easy process in Windows Media Player to rip CDA files from a CD and convert to mp3 when saving. Live and learn.
Old 11-30-19, 02:26 PM
LwagsHamp
Driver School Candidate

Default There needs to be one botton

To memorize ALL the current settings. There is one to reset to factory defaults, but it is so easy to accidentally change a setting on something and then have to try to remember what got changed, where it was, and get back to the desired setting. Admittedly, graduating from a 2009 Pebble Beach to a 2020 and the change in technology is great. But still, somehow I will make a change, unbeknownst to me that I changed the wrong setting, and then sit in the driveway when I get home to look at manuel (misspelled on purpose) to fix everything. Rant off.
Old 12-10-19, 11:54 AM
RiceBanana
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Does anyone know what this piece is for? It was in the cargo area of my 2020 RX.

Thank you

Old 12-10-19, 11:57 AM
Rpickoff
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RiceBanana
Does anyone know what this piece is for? It was in the cargo area of my 2020 RX.

front license plate frame????
gadgetman1 (12-10-19)
Old 12-10-19, 12:02 PM
RiceBanana
Pit Crew

Now that you mentioned it... It does look like something for the front license plate bracket? I'm still not too sure though. Does your front license plate bracket look like this? This thing was inside a sealed red bag, no labels.

I haven't receive the license plate in the mail yet. Was wondering how I'm going to mount the front license plate.

Old 12-10-19, 12:05 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Rpickoff appears to be correct. I’m assuming that Oregon only has one license plate. If it has two. Take it back & make the service department put it on for free. They are required to install if your state has two plates.
Old 12-10-19, 12:07 PM
RiceBanana
Pit Crew

Thank you for helping out!

Oregon requires front and rear license plate. The rear has the standard frame with the dealership's name on it, no actual license yet.

I will probably bring it back to the dealer to have them install the front bracket for me, was wondering where to put the front license plate on the grill.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)