RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-20, 09:49 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Ah, this was such fun until you got serious!!!

HA, HA...
Old 01-04-20, 11:29 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by golferjack
Ah, this was such fun until you got serious!!!

HA, HA...
This is the internet, you should have used HA,HA after your New Your comment.
Old 01-04-20, 12:42 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 505 Likes on 382 Posts

You being from NY, I would have thought would call it a truck. Most out here in the west would not. A rose ...
Yes, I'm from NY and I don't know anyone that would call an RX a truck. The only trucks around here are pickups.
but whatevah!
The following users liked this post:
jynewjerse (04-05-21)
Old 01-04-20, 01:45 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Many people refer to anything other than a sedan as a truck. . SUV is the marketing name. Its still a rose or whatever you want to call it
An RX isn't marketed as a truck... or even as an SUV. It's a Crossover, which is an SUV built on the chassis of a sedan. An SUV "truck" would be along the lines of a Toyota Forerunner, which actually is built on a truck chassis. Test drive them both, and the difference is clear.
ravenuer (01-04-20)
Old 01-20-20, 03:14 PM
ohhawk
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

First impressions coming from a 2013 RX AWD to a similar 2020 version................

* some changes with transmission or shift points as vehicle is more responsive at the lower end but sometimes can't decide where it wants to settle (in normal setting)
* miss some of the storage in center console
* drives very similarly to 2013 but maybe slightly stiffer suspension as advertised. Noticed it thus far rounding corners at 40 and above mph.......less roll
* certainly more safety features now but don't chose to use them all........do like the cross traffic alert in rear camera especially
* wish they still had the true silver ext color choice. Atomic Silver has a taupe look to it but nice
* seems like more room in the back seat area
* dash appears larger and flatter which is fine for placing items on while traveling
* glad I held out for 2020 vs 2019 if only for the bigger screen and closer placement to driver I'm told
* still wish they would incorporate a cup holder for larger diameter cups
* no problem with the new touch pad design
* wife says headrests are different.......she preferred the 2013 which didn't push up against the back of head as much

..........smooth, quiet, comfortable, and dependable just like the 2013.......thus far anyway. Hard to beat
The following 4 users liked this post by ohhawk:
Aeon (02-23-20), BMP2CPM (05-02-20), Inletgal (06-28-21), PenguinJS (09-07-20)
Old 01-21-20, 08:17 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 215 Likes on 170 Posts

Have you tried using the cupholder in the map pockets of both front doors? They pop open & one can put a thermos size FP in there!
ravenuer (01-21-20)
Old 02-24-20, 10:59 AM
guxu
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

While RX does not automatically lock itself when you walk away, it will automatically lock when,

(RX is not locked)
Open driver door
Push Start button without braking. The radio and etc will be on.
Push Start button again without braking. Everything should be on except the engine is not running
Push Start button again to turn everything off.
Close driver door
RX will lock itself!

Only found it this morning when I tried to check how much gas left in my RX.
The following 2 users liked this post by guxu:
Danushie (08-10-21), ravenuer (02-24-20)
Old 02-25-20, 04:03 PM
mirkee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been hoping it would close itself but yesterday I also started to wonder about unwanted locks, as when car being washed.
Old 02-26-20, 05:21 AM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by mirkee
I've been hoping it would close itself but yesterday I also started to wonder about unwanted locks, as when car being washed.
When washing the car, mine will self lock. I have resorted to leaving the fob in the car when washing.
Old 05-13-20, 09:50 AM
Rx3508888
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My new 2020 RX 350

My first impressions of my new RX.

THE GOOD.
HUD I would highly recommend this option
PANARAMIC MONITOR very useful for parking.

THE NOT SO GOOD
LANE TRACING This doesn't work well on my car, maybe it needs some adjustment, if that's possible. It hugs the left side of the lane , then sometimes drifts over the line. It's unreliable, I keep it turned off.
REAR SEAT SWITCHES These don't work. I have to take it in to get the rear seat recline switches checked out and working.
ANDROID AUTO I was hopeing to use WAZE , but it's not available on AA yet. I have Lexus Navigation, so the AA app is useless for me.
Also I have to keep it plugged into the USB port of the center console for it to work. The only app I would use it for is Amazon music, but I can get that through Bluetooth.

That's it until I think of anything else to add.

Last edited by Rx3508888; 05-13-20 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-13-20, 01:01 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 418 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Rx3508888
ANDROID AUTO I was hopeing to use WAZE , but it's not available on AA yet. I have Lexus Navigation, so the AA app is useless for me.
Also I have to keep it plugged into the USB port of the center console for it to work. The only app I would use it for is Amazon music, but I can get that through Bluetooth
The only data-capable USB ports are in the center console. The dash ports and the ones in the back are power-only. It's goofy that the dash ports aren't data-capable, since the phone holder is right there .

In case you haven't tried Google Maps as an alternative to Waze, you might. I like it better than Waze, now that the most useful features are at parity. AA needs to fully catch up, as some Maps features, like current speed, don't display in AA.

Ditto on the panoramic view monitor. It is very helpful with parking.
The following 2 users liked this post by bamalam:
Danushie (08-10-21), t18c97 (11-14-20)
Old 09-05-20, 04:05 PM
t18c97
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bamalam
The only data-capable USB ports are in the center console. The dash ports and the ones in the back are power-only. It's goofy that the dash ports aren't data-capable, since the phone holder is right there .
Yea, you have to wonder why they didn't make at least one of those dash ports data capable especially since they added CarPlay and Android Auto to the system.
Old 09-06-20, 08:39 PM
blayze1983
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bamalam
This has gotta be one of my biggest pet peeves. If you use Carplay or AA, the phone holder becomes useless since you need to plug into the console and therefore keep phone in the storage.

What a waste of a perfectly good phone holder...
Old 09-06-20, 10:01 PM
Tarkus
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by blayze1983
This has gotta be one of my biggest pet peeves. If you use Carplay or AA, the phone holder becomes useless since you need to plug into the console and therefore keep phone in the storage.

What a waste of a perfectly good phone holder...
Unless you have a passenger.
Old 12-13-20, 06:49 PM
Tarkus
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

I found that if I am listening to the radio or siriusXM that I can rewind and listen to the same song over again! To do this have the radio panel displayed to the right of maps. When the song ends press the double left arrow , bottom left, and they song will replay as many times as you do this!
The following 2 users liked this post by Tarkus:
john2307 (12-31-20), jynewjerse (02-28-21)

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)