RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-21, 11:45 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by mrolds69
My 2021 RX headrests are adjustable front to rear. I haven't gone through this hole thread, but under the console lid there's a pen holder.
Thanks, I found the pen holder and used it for my tire air gauge. Hope I remember that is where I put it. I know how to move the front headrests up and down but how do you adjust them front to rear? I tried but they do not seen to move. This is if the 2020 is the same.
Old 08-15-21, 11:55 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
Thanks, I found the pen holder and used it for my tire air gauge. Hope I remember that is where I put it. I know how to move the front headrests up and down but how do you adjust them front to rear? I tried but they do not seen to move. This is if the 2020 is the same.
Why do you need a your gage? The car displays the tire pressures on instrument cluster, live.
The following users liked this post:
gadgetman1 (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 04:20 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Why do you need a your gage? The car displays the tire pressures on instrument cluster, live.
Old habits die hard, it just transferred from car to car for years, also the pen I had in the console was too wide to fit.
mrolds69 (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 04:43 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
The car display is not accurate compared to the other tire pressure readers I own. On the other hand my Macan is spot on.
Old 08-15-21, 07:17 PM
mrolds69
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
If they do move, you push them from the rear, the side closest to the window. You push towards the front of the car, short and fast, they're like spring loaded. I actually thought that was a good idea for the gauge, I carry one, too. Why? True...force of habit, but sometimes you can throw a light and it's the spare tire. Suppose there's a slow leak and it throws a light, if it's like the rt rr and I stop for air, I don't want to run back to jump in the car to check the pressure. Call me crazy, I'm a car guy! I carry tools, too. Basic wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, crescent wrench, Gorilla lug wrench, knife, a jump box (Audew) etc. Not everybody calls Lexus to get their car towed.

Last edited by mrolds69; 08-16-21 at 07:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by mrolds69:
jollick (08-16-21), Nail34 (08-16-21), ravenuer (08-16-21)
Old 12-20-21, 10:25 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
No excuse on the dealer’s part! They get paid by Lexus to FULLY prep your vehicle for delivery. If this is their common practice, they are committing fraud. I’ve had dealers schedule me at a later time for things like this, but they never sent me out the door without setting up the follow-up.
If Lexus pays for the dealers to 'Prep' the cars, why is there a "Dealers Prep and delivery" charge to buyers???
Old 12-20-21, 11:14 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
If Lexus pays for the dealers to 'Prep' the cars, why is there a "Dealers Prep and delivery" charge to buyers???
The delivery charge is for the truck getting the car from the factory to the dealer. As far as the prep charge, I don’t know, as every state has different laws on what fees a dealer can charge.
Old 12-22-21, 05:41 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Nkd15
I just purchased a 2021 450h, I believe they're basically the same car. I wish it had wireless android auto. I've purchased an adapter to covert it to wireless, it's called AAWireless, but it'll be a couple months before I receive it due to the chip shortage. Supposedly works without any hiccups.

My large and wide 40oz steel water bottle doesn't fit in any cupholders like it did in my 2010 RAV4.

The seat temperature controls are in a slightly awkward place to turn on and off and to see what level they're turned on to.

But this is just nit-picking. I love the car and still wouldn't have picked anything else. Very smooth and quiet ride. The 450h having the ecvt makes the ride even smoother, really loving it
Where did you order the AA wireless from? Was an 'Appleplay" available? Picking up our 450h on Monday. I have an android, my wife has Apple. Never use autoplay, but my tech-savy grandaughters insist I come into the 20th Century(they say I will never make the 21st....).
Old 12-22-21, 05:47 AM
SamtheSham
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ericsan13
The car display is not accurate compared to the other tire pressure readers I own. On the other hand my Macan is spot on.
Most 'onboard' pressure readers are a questimate at best. On my Cadillac I kept getting a "Low Pressure" right front reading. When I checked, it was well in limits. Finally check all 4, and discovered dealer had rotated tires, and not updated the location of the readers. Right rear was actually the low tire. Another reason I am not buying another Cadillac.
Old 02-23-22, 08:00 AM
Kirbyskipp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar experience but discovered that it was simply that the air conditioning for the seats was turned on (future like heated seats in the winter, but AC for summers).
Old 04-01-22, 06:06 PM
Lexus4rx
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

2017 RX 350 with 1 mile range left with gas on freeway
Attached Files
File Type: avi
IMG_4214.MOV.avi (18.37 MB, 89 views)
Old 04-02-22, 05:11 AM
sacksteder
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If mine says range 0 (or blank), I can usually fill up with no more than 16gal. I think the tank is 19.2. My Genesis did the same thing. They don't want you to run to empty (fuel pump cooling?).

I had a Saab 9-5 that had an accurate range display. When it went to 0, the car sputtered to a stop. REALLY empty. I actually did that twice. Yes, I'm that stupid.
ravenuer (04-02-22)
Old 06-05-22, 10:05 AM
NotAFiat
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Default For Those Who Hand Wash/Wax Their RX

The key fob has a feature which allows you to shut it off. The manual states its a way to save the fob's battery. Another benefit is preventing a thief from cloning the fobs signal and steeling your car. But this also helps when washing or waxing your car. Every time a soapy sponge passes across a door handle, the car will lock or unlock. Passing the sponge across the rear hatch logo may also activate the hatch to open. (On 2016-2019 models). Shutting off the fob prevents this from happening.
To activate the feature, press the lock button. While the lock button is still depressed, press the unlock button twice. A confirmation red light on the fob will blink 4 times. To "awaken" the fob, press any button. This works on my 2021 RX and I hope it also applies on 2016-2019 models.
The following 5 users liked this post by NotAFiat:
bamalam (07-25-22), Hubs (06-05-22), PeeVee (06-06-22), R1ceRocket (06-09-22), ravenuer (06-05-22)
Old 06-05-22, 10:09 AM
DesertFox6
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That's an incredibly helpful tip, thank you!
Old 06-09-22, 10:41 PM
R1ceRocket
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAFiat
The key fob has a feature which allows you to shut it off. The manual states its a way to save the fob's battery. Another benefit is preventing a thief from cloning the fobs signal and steeling your car. But this also helps when washing or waxing your car. Every time a soapy sponge passes across a door handle, the car will lock or unlock. Passing the sponge across the rear hatch logo may also activate the hatch to open. (On 2016-2019 models). Shutting off the fob prevents this from happening.
To activate the feature, press the lock button. While the lock button is still depressed, press the unlock button twice. A confirmation red light on the fob will blink 4 times. To "awaken" the fob, press any button. This works on my 2021 RX and I hope it also applies on 2016-2019 models.
This is INVALUABLE! Thanks!!!

Used this tip when washing the RX and Prius Prime today; saved me the headache of the constant beeping and locking/unlocking.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)