RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

My 2016 RX is HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-15, 09:36 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default My 2016 RX is HERE! - Updated with Images

Last edited by RXOwner; 11-21-15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-20-15, 09:54 AM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! I haven't seen one on the road, except mine. So u can expect people will checking your ride out lol
Old 11-20-15, 11:33 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hon3kong
Congrats! I haven't seen one on the road, except mine. So u can expect people will checking your ride out lol
Have not seen another either.

Hoping the ML radio sounds as good as the one in the past. The Luxury package, triple lights, safety system and much more will keep me busy for a while. Road trip this weekend.
Old 11-20-15, 02:29 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Which dealership in NY did you buy yours from? Did you manage to negotiate price with them? I have not seen a single RX 4 on the road yet but a couple of times when I see an NX, I get paranoid and just double check to make sure it is not an RX4.
Old 11-20-15, 02:37 PM
paulkim510
Driver School Candidate

Nice! Post some pictures when you get a chance. I would love to get an RX in a few years.
Old 11-20-15, 03:26 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Originally Posted by Martin321
Congrats! Which dealership in NY did you buy yours from? Did you manage to negotiate price with them? I have not seen a single RX 4 on the road yet but a couple of times when I see an NX, I get paranoid and just double check to make sure it is not an RX4.
I got it from rallye lexus. Reserved it late Oct, I wasn't able to negotiate a better price than msrp...since i need the car now, and afraid the color combo and options might be gone if i wait. so it's ok for me to paid that price.
Old 11-20-15, 03:39 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by paulkim510
Nice! Post some pictures when you get a chance. I would love to get an RX in a few years.
Just got home from the dealer and WOW. The Caviar paint is awesome.

Lots to learn but that is the fun part. Refused to let the dealer give me the tour as I like to figure it out myself. Triple LEDs are a very nice color temp. Wheels with the Luxury package as very nice, was a little worried but they look really good. MLeviston radio sounds really nice. So many buttons!

Lol! I hope you people can help me with some of this stuff!

Pictures tomorrow
Old 11-20-15, 04:31 PM
Martin321
Driver

I got it from rallye lexus. Reserved it late Oct, I wasn't able to negotiate a better price than msrp...since i need the car now, and afraid the color combo and options might be gone if i wait. so it's ok for me to paid that price.
Congrats! post pics if you can. I am planning going over to one of the dealerships and test driving an F sport one. I would only take the Ultra White color with Red interior. It looks really sharp in pictures.
Old 11-20-15, 05:31 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Just got home from the dealer and WOW. The Caviar paint is awesome.

Lots to learn but that is the fun part. Refused to let the dealer give me the tour as I like to figure it out myself. Triple LEDs are a very nice color temp. Wheels with the Luxury package as very nice, was a little worried but they look really good. MLeviston radio sounds really nice. So many buttons!

Lol! I hope you people can help me with some of this stuff!

Pictures tomorrow
Luxury wheels look so much better in person. The sales person and I both agree it looks more aggressive than the f sport's lol

Last edited by hon3kong; 11-20-15 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-20-15, 05:45 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Congrats! post pics if you can. I am planning going over to one of the dealerships and test driving an F sport one. I would only take the Ultra White color with Red interior. It looks really sharp in pictures.
I did post some pics on the other thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post9251067

I have my mind set to get the ultra white, rioja red f sport as well. But found out that all the f sport going to ny tri state with the same options. Missing triple beam LED, lexus safety system +, pano view monitor. These 3 options are a must for me. So i changed my mind just like that and got the luxury. Didn't regret it one bit!
Old 11-20-15, 06:11 PM
Martin321
Driver

I have my mind set to get the ultra white, rioja red f sport as well. But found out that all the f sport going to ny tri state with the same options. Missing triple beam LED, lexus safety system +, pano view monitor. These 3 options are a must for me. So i changed my mind just like that and got the luxury. Didn't regret it one bit!
Yes, those options are worth it. Tri beam LED looks great. Did you manage to negotiate the price? The sport +plus mode is suppose to make driving perfect for uneven pavements here in NY. It is suppose to stiffen up the steering and suspension even more and change the way the active dampers work as per reviews. I am not a big fan of an active sound generator but I would like to have the revs switch faster when in sport +mode. Tri beam LED is not necessary for me as I usually drive during day time and evenings. I know it might have a brighter LED which could help with a vehicle making turns. Pano view monitor, I feel like I will use it at times, but most times when parking in my garage, back up cam will be good enough. Those cosmetic and extra safety features are not necessary to me, but are good to have. I just want to see if there is any real difference in that F + sport mode that they are commercializing on the F sport model. I am talking about the actual suspension and steering feel.
Old 11-20-15, 06:22 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Yes, those options are worth it. Tri beam LED looks great. Did you manage to negotiate the price? The sport +plus mode is suppose to make driving perfect for uneven pavements here in NY. It is suppose to stiffen up the steering and suspension even more and change the way the active dampers work as per reviews. I am not a big fan of an active sound generator but I would like to have the revs switch faster when in sport +mode. Tri beam LED is not necessary for me as I usually drive during day time and evenings. I know it might have a brighter LED which could help with a vehicle making turns. Pano view monitor, I feel like I will use it at times, but most times when parking in my garage, back up cam will be good enough. Those cosmetic and extra safety features are not necessary to me, but are good to have. I just want to see if there is any real difference in that F + sport mode that they are commercializing on the F sport model. I am talking about the actual suspension and steering feel.
Dealers were firm about the price since it's in high demand. Driving in NYC with stiff suspension is not enjoyable. You gotta test drive both f sport and regular to see the difference.
Old 11-20-15, 07:10 PM
Martin321
Driver

Dealers were firm about the price since it's in high demand. Driving in NYC with stiff suspension is not enjoyable. You gotta test drive both f sport and regular to see the difference.
I just watched the review, rough payment, throttle mapping, much more responsive for city driving. This is what the guy says at 9:30 in the link. It is more composed, responsive and less hesitation to it. They make it seem like it is better for NY and other rough unequal payment for cities like NY. Here is the link to it
Old 11-21-15, 01:50 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

I looked long and hard on a Nebula FSport but it lacked the options that I wanted. In fact, the dealer told me that none of the FSports he had coming in had many options. No Luxury packages safety + and no ML radio which is a must for me. I also preferred the FSport wheels but the Luxury wheels are looking better and better.

Dealer gave me 41750 off sticker and what I thought was fair for my trade in.

It is 4:50am in the morning and I am already thinking of waxing between cups of coffee

Last edited by RXOwner; 11-21-15 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-21-15, 05:49 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

My pictures are in my first post in this thread. I am very happy. Waxed early this am and now waiting for the rain!

Quick Reply: My 2016 RX is HERE!