RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Side specific wheel design?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 02:55 PM
LONGSHORE
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Side specific wheel design?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...eelinserts.jpg

Does anyone else notice that this wheel design appears to be side specific? That is, the "spike" design on the outer lip should point to the rear when closest to the road, hence these would be mounted on the right side of the vehicle. A reverse casting could be made for the left side for symmetry. To my eye, these wheels look awkward or "backwards" when observed on the left side of the vehicle. (Spike pointing forward) I remember an earlier corvette had a side specific wheel design.

Mikey
Old 11-28-15, 03:34 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LONGSHORE
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...eelinserts.jpg

Does anyone else notice that this wheel design appears to be side specific? That is, the "spike" design on the outer lip should point to the rear when closest to the road, hence these would be mounted on the right side of the vehicle. A reverse casting could be made for the left side for symmetry. To my eye, these wheels look awkward or "backwards" when observed on the left side of the vehicle. (Spike pointing forward) I remember an earlier corvette had a side specific wheel design.

Mikey
Nope it's not. One way sways forward and on the other side sways backward. Only one wheel. On my 90 and 94 300ZX TT it was even specific for every wheel as the rears were larger than the fronts.