RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Purchase Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-15, 10:11 PM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 RX Purchase Confusion

Hello All,

So I'm debating on the new RX. The thing is I don't like the Mesh grille on the F-Sport package but love the LFA inspired gauges, on the other side I love the grille on the Luxury package. Too bad we can't have the gauges in the Luxury. I'm so confused the decision is killing me

Help !!!!!!!
Old 12-02-15, 10:38 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Well it kinda depends what you're prioritizing. Certain features are available for the Luxury package and not the F-sport, and vice versa. So if you like "better" more sporty driving dynamics, edgier look, aluminum interior trim, the multi-spoke grey rims, blacked out mirrors, red leather option, sportier seats that are narrower and grip more, special instrument cluster, paddle shifters, black headliner, and want ultra white exterior color, then go for the F-sport. If you like more comfortable driving dynamics, grey sapele wood with aluminum stripes trim, semi-aniline leather, more comfortable seat with thigh extenders, rear door sunshades, interchangeable/customizable color rims, parchment or noble brown leather options, and want certain exterior colors not available for F-sport (eminent white pearl, satin cashmere, autumn shimmer)m then go for the Luxury package. Pick the package that checks the most boxes for you.

I'd suggest getting the F-sport, purchasing the luxury bumper painted (doesn't look like you can just switch out the center portion of grille), have the dealer or body shop install it, and sell the F-sport bumper. I personally like the sporty parts of the F-sport package.
Old 12-02-15, 11:09 PM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

@dchar ,

Thanks for the detailed info man My current ride is a 2006 GS 430 which is very comfortable ...so I guess moving to F-Sport will be a totally different experience. I actually prefer a comfortable ride..I may just go for the Luxury then. Better to test drive both then decide..
Old 12-02-15, 11:57 PM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

One question, I live in Dubai and the color names are different than the ones in the USA. I'm considering getting Sonic Titanium which is a grey color, does it equal Nebula Grey or it's totally different?
Old 12-03-15, 12:22 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XeroHertZ
One question, I live in Dubai and the color names are different than the ones in the USA. I'm considering getting Sonic Titanium which is a grey color, does it equal Nebula Grey or it's totally different?
I believe Sonic Titanium is equivalent to Atomic Silver here in the US, which is unfortunately not an option.
Old 12-03-15, 12:24 AM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
I believe Sonic Titanium is equivalent to Atomic Silver here in the US, which is unfortunately not an option.
We have Atomic Silver as well...Sonic Titanium is more of a darker grey, it's different than Atomic Silver..hmmm
Old 12-03-15, 01:00 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by XeroHertZ
We have Atomic Silver as well...Sonic Titanium is more of a darker grey, it's different than Atomic Silver..hmmm
Sonic Titanium and Atomic Silver have the same paint code of 1J7
Mercury Grey Mica and Nebula Grey Pearl have the same paint code of 1H9

Sonic Titanium/Atomic Silver looks different in various lights. Sometimes it looks silver, sometimes it looks dark grey, sometimes it looks beige.
Old 12-03-15, 01:33 AM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
Sonic Titanium and Atomic Silver have the same paint code of 1J7
Mercury Grey Mica and Nebula Grey Pearl have the same paint code of 1H9

Sonic Titanium/Atomic Silver looks different in various lights. Sometimes it looks silver, sometimes it looks dark grey, sometimes it looks beige.
You are right my friend.

This is the Sonic Titanium....too bad we don't have Nebula Grey for the F-Sport

Another color that's really nice is Amber Crystal Sunshine...I saw it at the showroom and it was stunning...it did reflect some sort of sunshine color with the lightning

Old 12-03-15, 02:27 AM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

To me, the F sport looks a lot better, but if you want a more comfortable ride the standard model should be better, the gauge of course is cooler, i love mine on the IS, however, after few months i never move the gauge anymore lol

The F sport do looks different to other, i will pick the F sport all the time
Old 12-03-15, 03:17 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

While the F-Sport was very nice I had to have the creature comforts of the RX Luxury. The ML radio was a must!
Old 12-03-15, 11:12 AM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies guys...I do prefer comfort though...are you guys saying that the standard RX is a smoother ride than the F-Sport?

Also what do you guys think of the Hybrid version? How different it is in terms of acceleration than the standard or F-Sport?
Old 12-03-15, 11:58 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Having test driven all 3 models and owning the FSport now, the standard RX is a lot more comfortable than the FSport version. The seats are superb on the standard RX and the car does really well over uneven roads. You definitely feel the road more with the stiffer suspension on the FSport.

The instant torque is really nice for acceleration on the Hybrid version, but it is something I can live without as the standard gas engine is plenty quick for my needs. 0-60 times are a complete wash on the hybrid and gas version, so you're not really getting the hybrid for acceleration.
Old 12-03-15, 03:43 PM
XeroHertZ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Having test driven all 3 models and owning the FSport now, the standard RX is a lot more comfortable than the FSport version. The seats are superb on the standard RX and the car does really well over uneven roads. You definitely feel the road more with the stiffer suspension on the FSport.

The instant torque is really nice for acceleration on the Hybrid version, but it is something I can live without as the standard gas engine is plenty quick for my needs. 0-60 times are a complete wash on the hybrid and gas version, so you're not really getting the hybrid for acceleration.
Awesome....thanks for the info SoKali-GS...this probably sums it up, I'm going for the Standard RX then with brown color for exterior..still have to decide on interior.
Old 12-03-15, 05:27 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS

Could you compare the f sport and standard rx in the same drive mode: eco/normal/sport?

Any comments on 450h F sport vs 350 F sport?
Old 12-03-15, 05:52 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdme
Could you compare the f sport and standard rx in the same drive mode: eco/normal/sport?

Any comments on 450h F sport vs 350 F sport?
So Eco mode on both cars suck haha. There's a lag in the throttle response, the climate control is set to save gas, and everything is just dumb down. Normal mode on both cars are about the same minus the stiffer suspension on the FSport. Sport on the standard and FSport is just improved throttle response. The difference here is the addition of Sport+ mode on the FSport that is missing on the Standard, and that gives you improved handling, less body roll, stiffer suspension, and even greater throttle response.

I didn't get a chance to test drive the 450H with the FSport package, but the car is a lot quieter than its standard counterpart. I'm not just talking about the engine, but the wind noise and road noise as well.

This might just be my own personal opinion, but I would skip the Mark Levinson. Having heard both sound systems in the RX, I was not impressed at all by the ML, but then again I am just your average consumer and not some kind of audiophile

Quick Reply: 2016 RX Purchase Confusion