RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone place an order in December?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 05:48 PM
ccb777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order Dec 1 and was told it would be March before delivery. It seems dealer orders already in must be hard to change. Change orders also go to Japan not Canada- hard to understand this. So if the car is done in 60 days-Feb 1 . It still takes 30-45 days to get here. That's about right because I have taken European delivery of some cars and it takes 5-8 weeks to get back here.
On a BMW once they could take a dealer order and modify it 3 weeks before they started making it. Maybe Canada cannot make a change that quick.
Old 12-08-15, 06:38 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

It seems dealer orders already in must be hard to change. Change orders also go to Japan not Canada- hard to understand this.

Dealer orders are not hard to change. If the vehicle normally gets built in Canada it will remain that way after the change. The opposite is also true.
Old 12-08-15, 03:49 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jdshaw
It seems dealer orders already in must be hard to change. Change orders also go to Japan not Canada- hard to understand this.

Dealer orders are not hard to change. If the vehicle normally gets built in Canada it will remain that way after the change. The opposite is also true.
My dealer told me. Cannot change. What simply happens is that the vehicle allocated gets allocated elsewhere and a new build is made at the next available build slot. Note that this is for allocated cars.

He seemed to imply that with special orders, once the build is accepted, it is "locked" in.

Where do you get your info? It might help me get my rx a month early! :-)
Old 12-08-15, 05:55 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

For custom orders, once order is entered into the Lexus build database, it's locked and no changes allowed (you supposedly can cancel and place a new order). Confirmed with my dealer (was thinking about switching interior color a couple of months before the scheduled production date).

Probably has something to do with how Lexus/Toyota build everything, as they have extremely optimized and fine-tuned system there to allow random changes in approved queue.
Old 12-09-15, 06:19 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mdme
My dealer told me. Cannot change. What simply happens is that the vehicle allocated gets allocated elsewhere and a new build is made at the next available build slot. Note that this is for allocated cars.

He seemed to imply that with special orders, once the build is accepted, it is "locked" in.

Where do you get your info? It might help me get my rx a month early! :-)
Personal experience.
Old 12-16-15, 04:15 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

RX350 F-Sport ordered December 4th, with delivery end of Jan 2016.
Old 12-16-15, 05:22 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by darkoozy
RX350 F-Sport ordered December 4th, with delivery end of Jan 2016.
Did you special order off the sheet? If so my dealer told me when I ordered on October 30th it would take 4-6 months.
Old 12-16-15, 07:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

There is likely a completely different schedule for actual "special orders", and orders where the dealer can find one on the build list that hasn't been allocated yet. If by some miracle the dealer can find one that they will be building soon, they can request that one...which would likely shave a few months off the delivery time.
Old 12-18-15, 09:31 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Did you special order off the sheet? If so my dealer told me when I ordered on October 30th it would take 4-6 months.
Nope, just requested caviar on red f-sport, with standard option packages. They allocated one for me.
Old 12-18-15, 05:50 PM
arizonagte
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a 2016 RX FWD E. White/Black. PP, 12.3 Nav, Blind spot/w pano view, 20" wheels, Safety plus/with triple beam, tow prep, HUD, rear hatch touch, espresso walnut wood trim and steering wheel, sunroof and Intuitive parking. Talked to the dealer Dec 7th, they changed one of their allocations to my build. Looks like the build date is Jan18th.
Can't wait.
Old 12-18-15, 08:21 PM
Mdme
Driver

Originally Posted by arizonagte
Just ordered a 2016 RX FWD E. White/Black. PP, 12.3 Nav, Blind spot/w pano view, 20" wheels, Safety plus/with triple beam, tow prep, HUD, rear hatch touch, espresso walnut wood trim and steering wheel, sunroof and Intuitive parking. Talked to the dealer Dec 7th, they changed one of their allocations to my build. Looks like the build date is Jan18th.
Can't wait.
They changed (modified) an allocated car to your specs?
Old 12-19-15, 04:47 AM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Dealer can change specifications/options but there is a time frame they can do that without affecting build estimated date, it happened to my car , my dealer had a f sport white on black and didn't come with safety system I spoke to the manager he called someone in the office they told the I could add but immediately they saw in their system the car and there is some code or something that tells them they can change options or add more and I did, probably most dealers don't want to do that extra work
Old 12-19-15, 04:51 AM
arizonagte
Driver School Candidate

Yes that is what it looks like. At the bottom of the page on the document that the dealer sent me to verify my build was the old build. The old color was 0212 (I really don't know what that color is, the eminent white is 0085) the interior color was the same 23. The Prd/Arr date is 01/18/2016. I don't know what the Prd/Arr date is. Production date or Arrival date??
Old 12-19-15, 07:40 AM
Mdme
Driver

Originally Posted by arizonagte
Yes that is what it looks like. At the bottom of the page on the document that the dealer sent me to verify my build was the old build. The old color was 0212 (I really don't know what that color is, the eminent white is 0085) the interior color was the same 23. The Prd/Arr date is 01/18/2016. I don't know what the Prd/Arr date is. Production date or Arrival date??
Could you give me the contact number of your sales agent? Thanks!
Old 12-20-15, 04:40 AM
arizonagte
Driver School Candidate

There are 6 dealers close by me and only one would even consider a special order. Even the dealer I am working with now told me originally it would take 3 to 4 months. During the ordering process we had some problems and I guess I complained enough they changed one of their allocations to my build. Just have to find the right dealer and work them a little.

Quick Reply: Anyone place an order in December?