RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone place an order in December?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-15, 08:51 AM
Cjl22
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone place an order in December?

I'm getting some push back from a sales rep with wanting to order an RX the way I want it. Wants me to take what I can get. What's the wait time on an order now? Thx
Old 12-04-15, 09:51 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I was told 4-6 months. Seems excessive though, probably to say hey it's here early!
Old 12-04-15, 10:33 AM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Was told 3-4 months. Estimate only though. 450h F.
Old 12-04-15, 12:24 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke with a sales representative in West Springfield, MA who estimated 6 weeks if the RX came from Canada and 2-3 months if it came from Japan. It was mentioned that they would exhaust all options in getting the RX regionally though first (from another dealer) and would go as far as Virginia to get a matching car (approximately 600 miles away). I certainly would not want my new RX to have 600+ miles on it upon delivery though. Perhaps it would be trailered if coming from a distant location.
Old 12-04-15, 12:39 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by DHampson
I spoke with a sales representative in West Springfield, MA who estimated 6 weeks if the RX came from Canada and 2-3 months if it came from Japan. It was mentioned that they would exhaust all options in getting the RX regionally though first (from another dealer) and would go as far as Virginia to get a matching car (approximately 600 miles away). I certainly would not want my new RX to have 600+ miles on it upon delivery though. Perhaps it would be trailered if coming from a distant location.
They trailer your vehicle.
Old 12-04-15, 01:06 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Earlier this week, I was told three months since the RX is being built in Canada. Add another month for transport to the east coast from Japan. Other considerations include when the dealer submits the order, which is usually once a month. If you miss it, that can add a few weeks. And it takes a few more weeks before it's accepted. On my 450h from Japan, it took four months from order to delivery.
Old 12-04-15, 01:11 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Am I to believe there are absolutely no 450h F Sports in white/roija that are COMPLETELY loaded available in the U.S.??? Hard to believe, but my dealer says no. If there is a dealer on here that will search for me I would have no problem going through you.
Old 12-04-15, 01:16 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

I was under the impression that the 450h F-Sport has to be special ordered, regardless.
Old 12-04-15, 01:17 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Am I to believe there are absolutely no 450h F Sports in white/roija that are COMPLETELY loaded available in the U.S.??? Hard to believe, but my dealer says no. If there is a dealer on here that will search for me I would have no problem going through you.
Where are you located at? Lexus of Thousand Oaks here in California has a 450H FSport, Ultra White/Rioja Red with all the bells and whistles. I know because I passed up on the car. They said it would arrive end of December.

Seems like they got Nebula Grey and Silver Lining 450H FSport as well!
Old 12-04-15, 04:06 PM
magpullin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I was told 4 months if I wanted to special order a 350 f sport.
Old 12-04-15, 05:43 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Where are you located at? Lexus of Thousand Oaks here in California has a 450H FSport, Ultra White/Rioja Red with all the bells and whistles. I know because I passed up on the car. They said it would arrive end of December.

Seems like they got Nebula Grey and Silver Lining 450H FSport as well!
Huh? The dealer I am going through said they searched the whole country and couldn't find a silver/red 450h F sport loaded. Well, they said they found one, but the dealer wouldn't do a trade since it was sold already.
Old 12-04-15, 06:16 PM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Went to a few dealers in the NY area, the loaded ones are very very tight in supply. The basic one as in no NAV in stuff have a handful.
Old 12-04-15, 06:34 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdme
Huh? The dealer I am going through said they searched the whole country and couldn't find a silver/red 450h F sport loaded. Well, they said they found one, but the dealer wouldn't do a trade since it was sold already.
Dealer BS. They will have to give up something in order to get you the vehicle. My sales guy told me it was possible since the car was available, but they prefer not to do it since they lose money doing so. They have 3 450H FSport in stock, whether they are sold or not, that's another question.
Old 12-04-15, 09:19 PM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya, having similar issues.

Lexus built a bunch of f-sport without much thought on color combos and options. Dealers are trying to push those first. I could wait a month for the color I want or compromise, and get an RX now.

I pushed back, and said I will wait or sweeten the deal more.
Old 12-05-15, 06:40 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many sales folks are clueless. That includes sales management. All they need to do is make a change order to one already in the system from that dealer. You will get your vehicle in approximately six weeks.

Quick Reply: Anyone place an order in December?