RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Cargo Area Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-18, 05:22 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i have the single sided ones. the color is much whiter then oem, but the light output is about the same. perhaps i'll give this one a try.

Originally Posted by Trap
Considered the single sided LEDs but the brightness seemed less than half of the multi-sided ones I got. Maybe it was marketing hype? Color is around 5000k to 5500K when comparing them to other lights of known temperature. Interior lights seem to be 4000k perhaps? The old filament T10 I removed were very yellow 2700K in comparison. Got these.
JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright PX Chips 168 175 194 2825 W5W T10 LED Bulbs,Xenon White
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here is a closeup pic of the light assembly. All 3 lights in back are the same. The OEM bulb is in the socket, and one bulb I removed is at the top of the frame to see the entire bulb.
Old 03-14-18, 05:13 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by javapro
Alternatively, does anyone know if the door courtesy lights have replaceable bulbs? It looks like they are from the part diagram. Does anyone know which LED bulb to get to replace the OEM yellowish incandescent ones?
So, I replaced the cargo lights with these
Amazon Amazon
and they work great. I also decided to look at the door courtesy lights and on my non F-Sport model they are replaceable. In fact, the same bulbs that I used in the cargo area work in the doors. From what I found out the F-Sport models do have LED lights in the doors but the bulbs are fused into the sockets so they can’t really be used in a non F-Sport model without getting the whole thing with the socket. Also, I was told that those OEM LEDs have a yellowish color temperature. So, can anyone confirm for sure that the same bulbs used in the cargo area will work OK in door courtesy lights on non F-Sport trims?
Old 07-05-18, 01:33 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this isn't cargo lightning related but does anyone know how to remove the rear DOME light clear panel? The "detailer" sprayed something near the light and now there is dried up water marks inside the clear light plastic piece .
Thanks!
Old 03-08-20, 06:40 PM
liquidz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question LED Cargo Light Module

Hi,

My wife picked up a 2020 Lexus RX350 Premium package in Canada. I guess it's either the 2020 or the upgraded package cause the bulbs to be upgraded to LED Modules (see pictures below).

But the brightness from the stock LED bulbs leaves a lot to be desired as the overall brightness level is like stock halogen. What modules do I have to get to upgrade these?

Old 03-09-20, 07:42 AM
gkar
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidz
Hi,

My wife picked up a 2020 Lexus RX350 Premium package in Canada. I guess it's either the 2020 or the upgraded package cause the bulbs to be upgraded to LED Modules (see pictures below).

But the brightness from the stock LED bulbs leaves a lot to be desired as the overall brightness level is like stock halogen. What modules do I have to get to upgrade these?

Agree with you on the brightness I've installed these one on the rear door much brighter, currently waiting 2 more to add on the sides. Sourced them from Chinese eBay Taobao.com.

The following users liked this post:
mirkee (03-10-20)
Old 03-10-20, 03:42 PM
mirkee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those look terrific, and bright. I assume it's a complete module and no need to remove the bulb from housing. Bulb and housing/lens come together? Can you give us a better link. I really want to get these. Stock lighting is really dim.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-20, 06:34 AM
gkar
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mirkee
Those look terrific, and bright. I assume it's a complete module and no need to remove the bulb from housing. Bulb and housing/lens come together? Can you give us a better link. I really want to get these. Stock lighting is really dim.

Thanks!
yes they do not need bulb replacement, just plug and play.
Link here!
Old 03-21-20, 06:42 AM
liquidz
Rookie

Originally Posted by gkar
yes they do not need bulb replacement, just plug and play.
Link here!
Thanks for the link, but I don't think I can buy from TaoBoa without a Chinese bank account. Any other sources?
The following users liked this post:
mirkee (03-22-20)
Old 03-22-20, 12:38 PM
mirkee
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like to know the same thing: Place to buy the whole module, not just the bulb, here in the USA. I see Amazon links above but they are dead.
Old 03-29-20, 07:22 AM
liquidz
Rookie

Actually, I have a different idea. For those that have the resources (i.e. maintenance manuals / exploded views and part numbers) that can help.
  1. Can we please find the part numbers for the cargo lighting module part number on the 2016 to 2019 model? This is the one showing earlier in this thread with everyone posting LED bulb replacement.
  2. Can someone find the 2020 cargo lighting module and see if we can interchange them with the older 2016 to 2019 model?

Much appreciated!
Old 04-09-20, 06:16 PM
liquidz
Rookie

Originally Posted by liquidz
Actually, I have a different idea. For those that have the resources (i.e. maintenance manuals / exploded views and part numbers) that can help.
  1. Can we please find the part numbers for the cargo lighting module part number on the 2016 to 2019 model? This is the one showing earlier in this thread with everyone posting LED bulb replacement.
  2. Can someone find the 2020 cargo lighting module and see if we can interchange them with the older 2016 to 2019 model?

Much appreciated!
Ok, I found the part number for the light modules on the 2019 and older models to be 8133058010 per Lexus Direct Canada and the Lift Gate Interior Trim (exploded view).

Now I need to find an online resource that is updated to include the 2020 model year to determine if the parts are interchangeable.
Old 04-19-20, 01:11 PM
ln3ms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great, keep us posted. I'm interested in illuminating our cargo area.
Old 04-23-21, 08:14 AM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 633 Likes on 335 Posts
Default cargo area bulb sizes?

Does anyone know what size bulbs are the 2 bulbs in the cargo area and the one on the rear hatch ? they seem excessively dim, and i want to put in some LED lights. Is the bulb on the rear hatch the same size?

Old 04-23-21, 10:05 PM
Badhobz
Instructor

Received 633 Likes on 335 Posts

Thanks for combining moderators. I ended up getting four 194 led bulbs (three for the rx rear cargo and one for the ES trunk) from Canadian tire because I didn’t want to wait for an online order. And they were relatively cheap at 13 dollars each compared to Amazon.ca at 18 bucks each

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/1...2906p.html#srp

I also did not put on the gray inside plastic cover as I felt it blocked out light and was unnecessary due to the cool running nature of these LEDs vs halogens.
Old 10-03-21, 10:02 PM
thug9030
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interior Cargo lift light

Can someone direct me on where I can purchase an led bulb to replace the halogen bulb currently located on the inside of the hatch. Or is there some sort of complete module that already has the led bulb installed..

thank you

Quick Reply: Cargo Area Lighting