RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Bluetooth Connection Sound Quality... Anyone else having problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15 | 03:20 PM
Sxelexy
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth Connection Sound Quality... Anyone else having problems?

Has anyone else had issues with the sound quality when running your music through iphone via bluetooth connection?

when I picked up my new RX F-Sport 3 series on Friday I was really disappointed in the sound from playlists as it sounded like the music was only coming from the front center speaker and as if there was no Bass. The volume was also capped at a lower level. I had just traded in my 2014 RX350 F-Sport so I know my iphone syncs through a ML system with excellent quality so I highly doubt this is an IOS or phone issue.

In an attempt to resolve the issue, the next morning I brought a cord into the vehicle and physically plugged it into the center council of which completely fixed the sound. I haven't tried to erase the connection to my phone yet to see if a reconnection will rectify the problem as I don't want the hassle of reprograming the favorite phone numbers back in yet. I thought I'd check on here first to see if anyone else has come across this.

I realize that I can just plug the phone in to get the proper sound quality but that defeats the purpose of the wireless charger as well as I keep forgetting that I have the phone in the handy compartment. Not to mention its a top of the line brand new Lexus and this should work properly.

BTW - The bluetooth phone conversations are the clearest and best I've ever heard from a car phone connection and I did try adjusting the sound settings.

Thanks for any insight you may have
Old 12-25-15 | 09:49 PM
Lubber
Rookie

I hate how the bluetooth music streaming is so much more lower in volume even with the phone volume turned to max. When switching between bluetooth and say SAT, the music is blasted because of the volume setting of the stereo.
Old 12-26-15 | 04:55 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lubber
I hate how the bluetooth music streaming is so much more lower in volume even with the phone volume turned to max. When switching between bluetooth and say SAT, the music is blasted because of the volume setting of the stereo.
Are you aware that each music source has its own volume memory? If you set ipod volume to 37 and switched to blutooth and set it at volume 29, when you go back to ipod it will rememeber and set back to 37. Too me this is a great feature. In addition to this you can adjust the Treble, Mid, and Bass on each source idependantly and each source will have its unique settings. You have to remember to not leave the volume up too high because when you do switch back it will scare the heck out of you and wake you up fast. Kudos to lexus for giving us these features.
Old 12-26-15 | 08:56 AM
Lubber
Rookie

Nice features indeed! Thanks for that info on individual settings. I was aware that the bass/treble was individually tied (a feature I really love) but didn't realize that the volume was individual as well. Maybe that is my problem and I need to make sure that if I am listening loud to turn it down some before switching lol.
Old 12-26-15 | 10:31 AM
joe311
Rookie

i'm not sure if it is the ML system or not but the bass seem so flat on iphone streaming miusic service. I remember listening to a youtube video and other streaming music on the non ML on a test drive and it sound great. Then on the ML system we have, every thing sounds like the bass is missing.
Old 06-07-17 | 04:44 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Default Hands free blu tooth audio quality

still getting familiar w the new RX but was surprised the handsfree phone audio quality is not great. I've owned a number of late model cars but am always surprised that the audio quality seems no better in a new Lexus than it was in my GM 5-7 years ago. It's not horrible but it certainly isn't very good, at least for the person on the other end of the phone. Is your experience the same? Anything to Improve it? Looks like I will need to stick to wired ear phones and mic's for my phone calls.
Old 06-07-17 | 06:06 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

My MP3 files play great! Except a few ones that have lower quality.

I don't know how the sound gets compressed if the cellular data link gets slower (weaker signal) when streaming.

There may be many reasons why.

The best test is to play a CD That you own and save as MP3 from a computer, then store on your mobile.

For the best music sound, turn ambiant on, but it creates too much echo for speech ( radio hosts talking)

Or transfer your sound center 3/4 in the back (my setting)