RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Tint Percentage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 04:29 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
WOW. Good tip as I plan on getting my windshield with Crystalline! 270 bones.
The installer may/may not leave the watermark on, but tell them to leave the 3M watermark on and you'll remove it yourself.
Old 02-02-16, 01:08 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bdspilot

This is TX/OK legal. It is slightly lighter than the rear, but I think it looks good.
Is that 40% on the fronts? What brand? Thanks!
Old 02-02-16, 03:04 PM
wrahn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Problem With Tint

Years ago I tinted the front windows and when driving at night, it was difficult to see the images in the side mirror. Never again will I tint the fronts.

Wes
Old 02-02-16, 09:22 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wrahn
Years ago I tinted the front windows and when driving at night, it was difficult to see the images in the side mirror. Never again will I tint the fronts.

Wes
3M Crystalline CR70 is so light that you wouldn't even notice it at night. CR90 is like almost not having tint at all. I've had vehicles done with both. The great thing with Crystalline is that it dramatically reduces the amount of heat that hits your face. Even at the very lightest tint levels, it is very noticeable.

I will never tint my cars with anything other than Crystalline. In order to get the reductions in heat, you need to go pretty dark and then it causes night vision problems like you mentioned.
Old 02-02-16, 10:28 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by roblim
3M Crystalline CR70 is so light that you wouldn't even notice it at night. CR90 is like almost not having tint at all. I've had vehicles done with both. The great thing with Crystalline is that it dramatically reduces the amount of heat that hits your face. Even at the very lightest tint levels, it is very noticeable.

I will never tint my cars with anything other than Crystalline. In order to get the reductions in heat, you need to go pretty dark and then it causes night vision problems like you mentioned.
I just had Crystalline installed and i have 90% on the windshield. On a sunny day, i put my hand against the windshield while driving and was amazed at the lack of heat that i felt..... I'm amazed at this product...
Old 02-03-16, 11:51 AM
noeldavid
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Formula One Pinnacle 30 on front sides and Llumar Air 90 on windshield. Both Texas legal and they match the privacy tint color of the back windows. Pinnacle blocks heat infrared, is ceramic no dye and is highly rated on the tint forums compared with Huper Optik as the top 2 tints.

Old 02-03-16, 06:24 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

sweet. ill make sure to come back here and post the deets when i get my car and tint it and do everything
Old 04-12-16, 08:01 AM
Newbalewb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noeldavid
Formula One Pinnacle 30 on front sides and Llumar Air 90 on windshield. Both Texas legal and they match the privacy tint color of the back windows. Pinnacle blocks heat infrared, is ceramic no dye and is highly rated on the tint forums compared with Huper Optik as the top 2 tints.

Just wondering how much you paid for the windshield and 2 fronts?

Thanks
Old 04-13-16, 05:32 AM
mikeydiggz
Driver School Candidate

--snip--]
Had Formula One Pinnacle 30 on the sides and Llumar Air 80 on my front windshield on my 2013 KIA Optima SX-L and I loved it...thinking about getting the same exact thing on my Lexus now.

Wondering what you paid for the sides and the windshield.
Old 04-13-16, 09:09 AM
noeldavid
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeydiggz
Had Formula One Pinnacle 30 on the sides and Llumar Air 80 on my front windshield on my 2013 KIA Optima SX-L and I loved it...thinking about getting the same exact thing on my Lexus now.

Wondering what you paid for the sides and the windshield.
$120 for Pinnacle on the sides and $220 for AIR 90 Llumar. Very limited installers of Pinnacle.
Old 04-13-16, 09:12 AM
mikeydiggz
Driver School Candidate

$120 for Pinnacle on the sides and $220 for AIR 90 Llumar. Very limited installers of Pinnacle.
Sides they gave you a good price, the windshield sounds like a bit much,

I remember i paid 150 for my KIA..The model of the car doesn't matter its the length of the tint they use but still I don't think that an extra few inches is $70 worth. Could be wrong though and plus I got my 3 years ago so maybe.

Thanks though, I just asked my local authorized dealer for a quote so well see what I get back!

Enjoy the car!!
Old 04-13-16, 09:24 AM
mikeydiggz
Driver School Candidate

Sides they gave you a good price, the windshield sounds like a bit much,

I remember i paid 150 for my KIA..The model of the car doesn't matter its the length of the tint they use but still I don't think that an extra few inches is $70 worth. Could be wrong though and plus I got my 3 years ago so maybe.

Thanks though, I just asked my local authorized dealer for a quote so well see what I get back!

Enjoy the car!!
Old 04-14-16, 01:26 PM
sirtiger
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

now I am considering tinting my windows.....matching the rear window to the front would be most ideal. I am worried it will be too dark. I love my 35% on my bmw all around
Old 04-14-16, 01:34 PM
Newbalewb
Driver School Candidate

I'm considering pinnacle formula one with 30% fronts and 50% over the privacy glass on the rears.
Old 04-15-16, 07:54 AM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ceramic on all windows. These pics are taken in direct sunlight with no overcast. Keep in mind that privacy glass does not provide heat rejection so if you are looking to heat rejection, do all the windows. 25% front windows / 70% windshield/all privacy glass. I am glad I didnt go any darker. My GS registers at 18% on all windows and its pretty dark.

Quick Reply: Tint Percentage?