RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Just got hit by a wreckless driver

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-15 | 08:17 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Default Just got hit by a wreckless driver

Words cannot describe...so angry right now
Old 12-28-15 | 08:24 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-15 | 08:28 PM
Mdme
Driver

What happened?
Old 12-28-15 | 08:37 PM
Molotov411
Driver School Candidate

Did the guy who hit you have insurance? Haha so many reckless drivers here in socal. Good Luck and stay safe out there.
Old 12-28-15 | 08:57 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

It was a residential street with cars parked on both side. I saw it was a little tight up ahead and he was oncoming pretty fast, so I pulled to the right to let him through and he completely side swipes me, damaging my driver side door, driver side rear door, rear bumper, rear tire, and rear rim. I'm just at lost for words right now since I've had the car for less than a month. My car was brand new $60k+ and his was a beat up junkyard piece of crap. On top of that, he had the audacity to claim that it was not his fault because he "didn't see me". Well you're old and asian, you should not be driving. GTFO the road.
Old 12-28-15 | 09:27 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear. So sad that the car couldn't even make it the first oil change before having significant damage. Make sure to use a Lexus Certified Collision Center. https://www.lccc-online.com/owners/c...on_centers.php
Old 12-28-15 | 09:30 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Here in the UK we get a brand new car up if we crash up to 1 year after buying! Surely that should be the case over in the US too!
Old 12-28-15 | 09:30 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Does it have to be a Lexus Certified Collision Center? There's a shop the insurance company recommended and it had great reviews. The certified Lexus Collision Center around my area didn't have that great of a review.
Old 12-28-15 | 09:32 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Does it have to be a Lexus Certified Collision Center? There's a shop the insurance company recommended and it had great reviews.
Go Lexus certified. I did and don't regret it. Job was perfect on the wife's IS.

You're looking at about $15k to get it sorted. It cost £3k just for fender and front bumper on the IS!
Old 12-28-15 | 09:33 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Does it have to be a Lexus Certified Collision Center? There's a shop the insurance company recommended and it had great reviews.
You can use wherever you want, but I would trust a LCCC more to make sure the repairs are done right. Sometimes these "insurance company recommended" places take shortcuts.
Old 12-28-15 | 09:40 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
You can use wherever you want, but I would trust a LCCC more to make sure the repairs are done right. Sometimes these "insurance company recommended" places take shortcuts.
Yea, it's just the reviews for the LCCC around my area are not that great. Insurance recommended Seidner's Collision Center. They have excellent reviews, anyone had any experience with them?
Old 12-28-15 | 09:42 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Also...since you have the F-sport, you might want to insist that they replace the rim rather than repair. The F-sport grey is hard to match. On my GS F-sport, dealer just replaced the rim after they scrapped it.
Old 12-28-15 | 09:45 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
Also...since you have the F-sport, you might want to insist that they replace the rim rather than repair. The F-sport grey is hard to match. On my GS F-sport, dealer just replaced the rim after they scrapped it.
Yea I'm going to request a replacement on both the rim and tire, nothing less. I'm more worried about any potential suspension damages since he basically hit the rear rim pretty hard.
Old 12-28-15 | 10:42 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Where in SoCal are you? I know a few body shops that are known for their work on exotics, but of course you'll be paying for it...
Old 12-28-15 | 10:48 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Originally Posted by skiracer
Where in SoCal are you? I know a few body shops that are known for their work on exotics, but of course you'll be paying for it...
I'm in the San Gabriel Valley area. I was told by my insurance that they will only guarantee the work done by their approved shop. I'm more than welcome to bring the car to any shop, but they will not guarantee the work done on the car for the life of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Just got hit by a wreckless driver