RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-19 | 02:47 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mirkee
Costco does not sell cars, that I know of.. They do offer a car buying service. They often display new cars in front of their stores to promote their service. This was the case with the 2019 RX350 I saw.
What benefits do they give for buying a car from them? Is it only new cars? Makes sense they would offer the rx since it’s so popular I’m sure they get some type of discount for buying them in bulk
Old 06-18-19 | 03:19 PM
mirkee
Rookie

Again, they do not sell cars, in bulk or not. They refer you to a local dealer. Not a big deal, really. It may save you some initial time. I was really talking about tires.
Old 06-21-19 | 08:26 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Originally Posted by mirkee
Again, they do not sell cars, in bulk or not. They refer you to a local dealer. Not a big deal, really. It may save you some initial time. I was really talking about tires.
Are you sure, I thought I saw some in aisle 18 next to the toilet paper.
Old 06-22-19 | 12:28 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
Are you sure, I thought I saw some in aisle 18 next to the toilet paper.
Lol....I was in a Costco in Florida a couple of years ago and they were selling coffins in one of the aisles. Had several on display too!
The following users liked this post:
GSFRX350 (06-22-19)
Old 07-11-19 | 04:50 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Default Vehicle Vibration Problem

I got my new RX350 from April, but I found some issues from my vehicle. Is there anyone can help me confirm if the vibration is normal or not.

1. I found the mirror in sun visor has lots of vibration even the engine is idle. I put in P, N, and D gear. There are lots of vibration from this mirror. My girlfriend said it is unusable. Sometime, she also feel dizziness if she keep watch the mirror.

2. Last week, I drove my vehicle to Toronto. Most part of 401 is flat. I can notice the drive side mirror(outside) has some small vibration every few second. (Maybe 5-10 second). I can see the line on the ground is blurry. And I can see the light from other car is jittering in my mirror. My pervious vehicle did not have any problem like this.

For these two problem, the dealer told me it is normal, but I don't think so. I want to check with other RX owner. Thanks for your help.

Another issue is about the windshield. Please check the photo, there are some glue move out from the inside by itself. Looks like it is a tape, I don't know if it cause any safety issue. The dealer just cut the tape and try to put the tape back. I don't like it. I call Lexus Canada, they said I have to check with the dealer again, but dealer said it may not cover by warranty?! Should I ask them remove the windshield and re-install it?

Thanks very much.

​​​​​​​

Old 07-11-19 | 07:29 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eric0201
I got my new RX350 from April, but I found some issues from my vehicle. Is there anyone can help me confirm if the vibration is normal or not.

1. I found the mirror in sun visor has lots of vibration even the engine is idle. I put in P, N, and D gear. There are lots of vibration from this mirror. My girlfriend said it is unusable. Sometime, she also feel dizziness if she keep watch the mirror.

2. Last week, I drove my vehicle to Toronto. Most part of 401 is flat. I can notice the drive side mirror(outside) has some small vibration every few second. (Maybe 5-10 second). I can see the line on the ground is blurry. And I can see the light from other car is jittering in my mirror. My pervious vehicle did not have any problem like this.

For these two problem, the dealer told me it is normal, but I don't think so. I want to check with other RX owner. Thanks for your help.

Another issue is about the windshield. Please check the photo, there are some glue move out from the inside by itself. Looks like it is a tape, I don't know if it cause any safety issue. The dealer just cut the tape and try to put the tape back. I don't like it. I call Lexus Canada, they said I have to check with the dealer again, but dealer said it may not cover by warranty?! Should I ask them remove the windshield and re-install it?

Thanks very much.

Are you using regular gas? Try using 93 only from shell or another top tier gas, solved my vibrations. Could also be defective motor mounts. What year and which trim do you have ?
Old 07-11-19 | 07:33 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Are you using regular gas? Try using 93 only from shell or another top tier gas, solved my vibrations. Could also be defective motor mounts. What year and which trim do you have ?
Thanks. I am in Canada, so the top tire gas is 91. I tried few tanks 91 from Shell. Same result. I cannot feel any improvement. For myself, sometimes 87 may better than 91.
Should I let dealer check the motor mounts?
I also don't think the side mirror relate to Motor mounts.

My vehicle is 2019 RX350 Luxury.
Old 07-11-19 | 07:35 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Thanks. I am in Canada, so the top tire gas is 91. I tried few tanks 91 from Shell. Same result. I cannot feel any improvement. For myself, sometimes 87 may better than 91.
Should I let dealer check the motor mounts?
I also don't think the side mirror relate to Motor mounts.

My vehicle is 2019 RX350 Luxury.
Usually bad mounts transmit vibration throughout the whole car. Could just be defective. Is it when idle or driving or both? It can also be tires if it only happens when your driving.
Old 07-11-19 | 07:38 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Usually bad mounts transmit vibration throughout the whole car. Could just be defective. Is it when idle or driving or both? It can also be tires if it only happens when your driving.
The sun visor mirror and the wheel have slight vibration when idle and driving. But I can see the vibration when the vehicle only has 5 km/h is better than idle.
How can I let dealer check if the mount is bad?

BTW, when I first found this issue, I went to a auto shop, they said the vehicle's vibration looks like a 6-7 years old car. (At that time, the mileage is around 1500 km)
And do you notice any vibration from outside mirror? When the speed reach at 115 km/h (70 mile/h)

Last edited by Eric0201; 07-11-19 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-12-19 | 07:15 AM
ravenuer
Racer

The sun visor mirror and the wheel have slight vibration when idle and driving. But I can see the vibration when the vehicle only has 5 km/h is better than idle.
How can I let dealer check if the mount is bad?
BTW, when I first found this issue, I went to a auto shop, they said the vehicle's vibration looks like a 6-7 years old car. (At that time, the mileage is around 1500 km)
7And do you notice any vibration from outside mirror? When the speed reach at 115 km/h (70 mile/h)
Simple solution: if the dealer says this is normal (trust me, it's not) ask to test drive another similar car from his lot. If it vibrates the same as yours, you're stuck. If it doesn't, ask him/her when can you expect your car to be fixed.
Old 07-12-19 | 07:23 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Simple solution: if the dealer says this is normal (trust me, it's not) ask to test drive another similar car from his lot. If it vibrates the same as yours, you're stuck. If it doesn't, ask him/her when can you expect your car to be fixed.
Do you have any idea about the windshield?
Old 07-12-19 | 07:51 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Just discuss with one dealer. The service manager said he can provide another RX to compare the issue. He thinks it is normal.
Old 07-12-19 | 07:54 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Do you have any idea about the windshield?
Not 100% sure of what I'm seeing in your picture, but I just went out to the garage and looked at mine and don't see anything like yours.
Old 07-12-19 | 07:57 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Not 100% sure of what I'm seeing in your picture, but I just went out to the garage and looked at mine and don't see anything like yours.
Thanks. I think it is some tape or glue between windshield and inside. If the dealership just remove and clean the tape, do you think I should accept this repair? I am worry about this when I return the vehicle at end of the lease.
Old 07-12-19 | 08:33 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Thanks. I think it is some tape or glue between windshield and inside. If the dealership just remove and clean the tape, do you think I should accept this repair? I am worry about this when I return the vehicle at end of the lease.
You can certainly let them see what they can do for you. As long as you keep ALL dealer service department records from this, you shouldn't have any issues at lease end.