RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-19, 08:35 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
You can certainly let them see what they can do for you. As long as you keep ALL dealer service department records from this, you shouldn't have any issues at lease end.
Thanks. I will do it. Can you check when your RX is idle, is there any vibration from the sun visor's mirror? P, N, and D gear.
Old 07-12-19, 09:35 AM
RX18dv
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple solution: if the dealer says this is normal (trust me, it's not) ask to test drive another similar car from his lot. If it vibrates the same as yours, you're stuck. If it doesn't, ask him/her when can you expect your car to be fixed.
This. SInce your car is 2019 RX, it is bestto ask to test drive a same one from the lot for the differences.

Last edited by RX18dv; 07-12-19 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-12-19, 09:40 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric0201
Just discuss with one dealer. The service manager said he can provide another RX to compare the issue. He thinks it is normal.
Find another dealer look up the most highly
rated ones. I drive an hour out my way anytime I need service. In the meantime call Lexus corporate file a complaint about the dealership and the car say you are unhappy with the constant vibration in the car. They will help you out. (800) 255-3987
Old 07-12-19, 09:50 AM
gnguyen
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Simple solution: if the dealer says this is normal (trust me, it's not) ask to test drive another similar car from his lot. If it vibrates the same as yours, you're stuck. If it doesn't, ask him/her when can you expect your car to be fixed.
The 4th Gen RX350 is really a terrible car. I have an RX350 2019 that has the drone&vibration issue at 1500 RPM. At speed above 70MPH, the steering wheel vibrates like crazy, and the outside mirrors vibrate also. In my case, it's due to the exhaust vibration that can be felt through out the RPM range. The dealer applied the TSB and claimed it's fixed but it's not fixed. They'll probably let you test drive a car that has the same issues so they can say it's normal for these cars. Most of the cars I test drove on the lot have the same issues--the only difference is the severity. I feel your pain, though. Sucks to pay $62K for a car that doesn't drive as well as a cheap Toyota.
Old 07-12-19, 10:13 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Find another dealer look up the most highly
rated ones. I drive an hour out my way anytime I need service. In the meantime call Lexus corporate file a complaint about the dealership and the car say you are unhappy with the constant vibration in the car. They will help you out. (800) 255-3987
I already file a complaint, but I try to give the reference number to service manager. They said it is not necessary.
There are two dealers near my location. Same response.

Last edited by Eric0201; 07-12-19 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-12-19, 10:16 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by gnguyen
The 4th Gen RX350 is really a terrible car. I have an RX350 2019 that has the drone&vibration issue at 1500 RPM. At speed above 70MPH, the steering wheel vibrates like crazy, and the outside mirrors vibrate also. In my case, it's due to the exhaust vibration that can be felt through out the RPM range. The dealer applied the TSB and claimed it's fixed but it's not fixed. They'll probably let you test drive a car that has the same issues so they can say it's normal for these cars. Most of the cars I test drove on the lot have the same issues--the only difference is the severity. I feel your pain, though. Sucks to pay $62K for a car that doesn't drive as well as a cheap Toyota.
I think I also have the same issue about 1500 RPM. I will go to the dealer this afternoon. Do you have the TSB number? I only found the TSB for 2016-2018. They dealer said it only apply to 2016.
Did you resolve the outside mirror vibration?
Old 07-12-19, 10:24 AM
gnguyen
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think I also have the same issue about 1500 RPM. I will go to the dealer this afternoon. Do you have the TSB number? I only found the TSB for 2016-2018. They dealer said it only apply to 2016.
Did you resolve the outside mirror vibration?
TSB L-SB-0003-18

Check out this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...vibration.html

When I brought it in, the service manager said the TSB is only for 2016-2018 and after a test drive they couldn't reproduce the problem. DUH! I took the service tech out for a drive and reproduced the problem. I also pointed out that my car, 2019, doesn't have the TSB applied, evident by the lack of the counter weight on the mid-pipe. They applied the TSB, test drive the car and said the problem is fixed. DUH! The problem is not fixed and in a way made it a little worse. I'm sick and tire of playing games with the dealer. They are very resistant to any issue that I brought up. This is not the Lexus experience I expected. The only thing I can do is drive it for maybe another year and trade it in for something else--obviously not another Lexus or any Toyota. I'm voting with my wallet. I'm also going to increase the awareness of this issue so future buyers know what they're getting into.
Old 07-12-19, 11:39 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

I have a 2017 F sport and I don’t have the drone or vibrations when going above 70. Does the f sport have a different exhaust if that’s what is causing it?

have you done the TSB for hesitation and are you using premium 93 gas? I feel like that will help the drone
Old 07-12-19, 02:25 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Just check with dealer this afternoon.

1. For the windshield, they never see this issue in pervious and they don't know the functionality of the tape. I request the service manager take the photo and send to Lexus Canada. He said will contact me when they get result. It may take 3-4 weeks. I also found the similar issue from the demo vehicle.(2017 RX 350 F Sport 71000 km) But the demo is better than mine. Only can see the tape from VIN number window.

2. I compare the vibration from the sun visor mirror. The demo one look like better than me. They manager said it may have some different with different car even they are same mode. As my request, they booked an appointment to check engine and transmission mounts next week.
During my way, I found some thing is new. The vibration is very slight when I turn off the A/C, but if I turn on the A/C the vibration from my vehicle is not accepted. Is there any one know how can I let dealer check this point.

3. For outside mirror. The bad news. The demo may be worse than mine.

4. I asked about the exhaust TSB and transmission TSB, he said it has been fixed in my vehicle because the delivery date is April.

Is there any one has other idea? Thanks very much.
Old 07-12-19, 02:26 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by DMPesso
I have a 2017 F sport and I don’t have the drone or vibrations when going above 70. Does the f sport have a different exhaust if that’s what is causing it?

have you done the TSB for hesitation and are you using premium 93 gas? I feel like that will help the drone
Do you know if the TSB for hesitation only apply the vehicle delivered before this year?
Old 07-12-19, 06:08 PM
eddie420

Received 630 Likes on 451 Posts

I have the same exact issue. I went back so many times and they keep using the "look, the rest of them are like this too, nothing we can do and it is performing to spec." What a croc. My GS350 was a hundred times a better ride and I miss it a lot.

Last edited by kitlz; 07-12-19 at 06:19 PM. Reason: language
Old 07-12-19, 06:29 PM
Eric0201
Rookie

Originally Posted by eddie420
I have the same exact issue. I went back so many times and they keep using the "look, the rest of them are like this too, nothing we can do and it is performing to spec." What a croc. My GS350 was a hundred times a better ride and I miss it a lot.
When engine idle, do you see any vibration?
Old 07-13-19, 08:54 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eddie420
Damn bro you too!? Figured Lexus of Route 10 would be the last place to tell you that. You guys really starting to make me regret getting the RX even though I don’t have vibrations. Which model do you have?

I miss my GS430 too! The RWD platform is much better then the Camry platform these RX are made from. The 5th gen will of course be amazing using the new TGNA platform, and by then many loyal Lexus customers will have went elsewhere from all these bad experiences
Old 07-20-19, 10:20 AM
Eric0201
Rookie

Rent a Ford Fusion during weekend. I cannot find any vibration from side mirror when even the speed is 120 km/h.
Check with my friend's NX. No vibration at all.
Old 07-20-19, 01:10 PM
chance4u
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be related to A/C radiator fan. When A/C is turned ON then Fan is also ON and may lead to vibration.
Other reason can be A/C compressor vibrations but that is less probable.
The vibration is very slight when I turn off the A/C, but if I turn on the A/C the vibration from my vehicle is not accepted.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration