RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-22, 05:07 PM
J123rx350
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the explanation of the modes. I may be imagining there is an improvement. I need to drive the car more and pay attention when I stop at a red light/stop sign...now I feel like I may have tricked myself. Thanks again...
The following users liked this post:
GSFRX350 (04-01-22)
Old 04-17-22, 07:08 AM
J123rx350
Rookie

After discussing the vibration issue with a Lexus expert there is not much to report. Although I did get an email asking if I wanted to join the Lexus advisory board ? Does anyone know anything about this board ? Have not responded...thanks, John
Old 04-17-22, 08:59 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by J123rx350
After discussing the vibration issue with a Lexus expert there is not much to report. Although I did get an email asking if I wanted to join the Lexus advisory board ? Does anyone know anything about this board ? Have not responded...thanks, John
The advisory board is simply a group of Lexus owners that receive periodic surveys, typically one every three weeks or so. These take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to complete and they are generally forward looking, asking questions about potential new features or technologies. Most of these surveys are specific to a model, but some of them are general in nature and don't relate to any particular model. The sign-up for the advisory board is VERY specific that all surveys and discussions are strictly confidential and may not be shared with family members, social media or discussion forums. Don't join expecting any huge insight in future designs, but rather join with the idea that your opinion is being considered in future design choices. I hope that helps explain the advisory board but perhaps other members can add to that description.
The following 4 users liked this post by TechNut:
bamalam (04-17-22), coolbrazz (04-18-22), gadgetman1 (04-17-22), J123rx350 (04-17-22)
Old 04-17-22, 09:28 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TechNut
The advisory board is simply a group of Lexus owners that receive periodic surveys, typically one every three weeks or so. These take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to complete and they are generally forward looking, asking questions about potential new features or technologies. Most of these surveys are specific to a model, but some of them are general in nature and don't relate to any particular model. The sign-up for the advisory board is VERY specific that all surveys and discussions are strictly confidential and may not be shared with family members, social media or discussion forums. Don't join expecting any huge insight in future designs, but rather join with the idea that your opinion is being considered in future design choices. I hope that helps explain the advisory board but perhaps other members can add to that description.
Yes, great description! I was a member for awhile. Some of the questions asked are crazy off the wall stuff, while others are very specific. Overall, I think it’s a good experience if you like giving opinions on technical features. You won’t be involved in any problem solving, unfortunately. This is another form of process control that the Japanese have embraced (for good reasons) & I don’t regret being a part of it. Any time public opinion gets factored into a product, it’s a good thing.
The following 4 users liked this post by gadgetman1:
coolbrazz (04-18-22), J123rx350 (04-17-22), Nail34 (04-17-22), redhot47fl (04-17-22)
Old 08-10-22, 10:37 PM
condor11
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wanted to chime in.
My brand new Canada-built RX350 (built in June 2022) had bad exhaust drone.
Took it to the dealer who officially denied anything being wrong, unoffically said they TSB with exhaust part that comes with weight is not available in Canada, suggested I may try to put a weight myself.
So I did, just like posters described here.
Placing the weight in the same location as TSB part didn't help. I placed it a little ahead, like the picture above, and drone is practically gone!

Thanks so much for the tip!
Old 08-10-22, 10:51 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by condor11
Just wanted to chime in.
Took it to the dealer who officially denied anything being wrong, unoffically said they TSB with exhaust part that comes with weight is not available in Canada, suggested I may try to put a weight myself.
Placing the weight in the same location as TSB part didn't help. I placed it a little ahead, like the picture above, and drone is practically gone!

So your RX did not have any damper on there at all?
Old 08-11-22, 08:27 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Just wanted to chime in.

I’m glad you were able to get relief from the unnecessary drone! It’s very sad that Toyota/Lexus has chosen to ignore this issue & even worse, to ignore the Canadian market where this thing is built. If I buy another Lexus & that’s a BIG if right now, it will have to be a model that is built in Japan. North American outsourced parts are apparently flawed in comparison to the same parts made in Japan. There are several parts on my RX that had to be replaced with Japanese parts in order to correct the problems. I certainly did not expect that much tolerance difference for the same parts.
Old 08-11-22, 10:16 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 578 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
I’m glad you were able to get relief from the unnecessary drone! It’s very sad that Toyota/Lexus has chosen to ignore this issue & even worse, to ignore the Canadian market where this thing is built. If I buy another Lexus & that’s a BIG if right now, it will have to be a model that is built in Japan. North American outsourced parts are apparently flawed in comparison to the same parts made in Japan. There are several parts on my RX that had to be replaced with Japanese parts in order to correct the problems. I certainly did not expect that much tolerance difference for the same parts.
Out of curiosity, which parts where swapped with Japanese to solve issues?
Old 08-11-22, 01:22 PM
condor11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
So your RX did not have any damper on there at all?
Nope! None.
I was very surprised, given this was 2022 model.
Old 08-11-22, 01:52 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Out of curiosity, which parts where swapped with Japanese to solve issues?
Sunroof, door weatherstripping & something else. I have a hunch that the entire HVAC & infotainment system will need to be replaced also, as strange things keep happening. One time I get in & the HVAC rear is set to off. Another time the defrost will be on without ever changing anything. Sometimes it says eco & sometimes not & I never change a thing! Now the door lock on the passenger side is acting up. It won’t auto lock & I have to push the button down, but only on the passenger door. Of course there are ongoing Bluetooth issues also & the SXM cuts out a lot. MPG is nowhere near what it should be & using premium fuel makes it worse. Lots of stupid little things that are just annoying. If the LS could tow 3500 lbs, I would have already traded.
Old 08-12-22, 04:59 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts

Nope! None.
I was very surprised, given this was 2022 model.
I'm in Australia, we only get Japanese cars and they now have the damper on them. I've had a look at a few at the local dealer, this was in January this year, so 2021 built cars.
Old 08-12-22, 08:51 PM
KevMaster
Rookie

If its out of warranty they aren't obliged to perform TSB work right?
Old 08-13-22, 08:21 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 497 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by KevMaster
I'm under the impression TSBs can be performed past the warranty. Again, my impression.
Old 08-13-22, 09:42 AM
websurfer
Racer

Received 320 Likes on 250 Posts

They are suppose to still do it. I would press them on it.
Old 08-17-22, 09:20 PM
condor11
Driver School Candidate

TSB is just a document for the dealer on how to fix a specific problem. A troubleshooting guide of sort.
It has nothing to do with Warranty. If you are out of Warranty they can do work based on TSB but will charge you, as usual.

Don't confuse TSB with Recall. The latter is done for free but is usually safety related.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration