RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-16, 05:59 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mccutcj
I just got off the telephone with the Lexus representative about two hours ago. I have been complaining about the droning noise for almost 10 months. The dealer has acknowleged there is an issue. However, the Lexus representative stated my vehicle is performing within normal parameters. . .

Evidently their operating standards are very low. I highly recommend everyone avoid the new RX350 like the plague. This will be my first and last Lexus.
Of course they not going to admit a design flaw.

Last edited by s2000zr; 11-04-16 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-04-16, 10:57 AM
fof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle and squeak

I bought the 2016 RX F about 3 months ago and it has some rattles on the central console area on the uneven surface at high speed. I am woundering do all new vehicles have rattles and gonna disappear later on? It is not big issue but drive me crazy.
Old 11-04-16, 12:35 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Not all new vehicles have rattles.. If you have rattles now there is a pretty good chance they will not disappear later on.. If it is bothering you take it to the dealer.. Good Luck
Old 11-04-16, 02:21 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Rattles are tough to find. I had one in the rear end. Looks like Lexus forgot to hook up the bumper to some rear metal plate. Great quality! It had the four bolts but none of them were ever tightened.

It could be the weather is getting cooler and all those plastic pieces are contracting and causing the rattle. Get someone to drive with you and see if they can isolate it. Going to the dealer is a waste of time before you narrow it down. For my rear end rattle, the tech says Lexus gives them no time to isolate a rattle....no time means they can't charge to a work order, means no pay. If those were the conditions I worked under, I wouldn't try that hard either.

Good luck!
Old 11-04-16, 02:30 PM
fof
Driver School Candidate

U are absolutely correct. I went dealer once they said they couldn't hear it. It is intermittent rattle. I will point out to them next time.
Old 11-07-16, 10:14 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey All

I just purchsed a 2017 RX 350. I am really disappointed with the 8 speed an the vibration you get at certain RPM's
I have be seeing a lot of complaints about this. Do they all have this slight vibration or are some worse then others.
It seems to me that the 8 speed lets the RPM's go really low 1200. Then you step on the gas and right before it shifts
I get a slight Drone and vibration. Is this normal?
Old 11-07-16, 11:26 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 561 Likes on 399 Posts

According to Lexus this is normal. Every luxury car should have sone droning noise during light footed acceleration........ makes sense, right?
Old 11-17-16, 10:39 AM
michelle35
Driver School Candidate

Well, After speaking to Lexus of Austin, corporate Lexus, and many others, they recognize that there is an issue with the vibration/noise/droning. My husband happened to be at the dealership at the same time as a corporate service manager that was visiting. He recognized that he has heard of this complaint and that Lexus is working to find a remedy. In the mean time, they are going to install dampers to see if that helps until a permanent solution is found. Praying that helps! They claim it is at its worst on the AWD, which is what I have.
Old 11-18-16, 10:47 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by michelle35
Well, After speaking to Lexus of Austin, corporate Lexus, and many others, they recognize that there is an issue with the vibration/noise/droning. My husband happened to be at the dealership at the same time as a corporate service manager that was visiting. He recognized that he has heard of this complaint and that Lexus is working to find a remedy. In the mean time, they are going to install dampers to see if that helps until a permanent solution is found. Praying that helps! They claim it is at its worst on the AWD, which is what I have.
Any update on the damper installation, did it help?
Old 11-18-16, 11:38 AM
michelle35
Driver School Candidate

I just received this from my dealership sales manager....

"I wanted to reach out to you both regarding your vibration noises you are experiencing with your new Lexus. We went to put in the order today to order dampers to help with your concerns until Lexus Comes out with a fix… well Lexus no longer is releasing these dampers as a temporary “band-aid” for this issue because they are about to release a special service campaign to address this concern… They have not released a time frame on release for this fix for the vibration concern… I apologize for the delay.. I will make sure you are notified as soon as Lexus initiates the service campaign…"

Respectfully,
Old 11-18-16, 02:17 PM
mccutcj
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news! I find it interesting Lexus Corporate informed me 2 weeks ago it was just my imagination.
Old 11-18-16, 02:54 PM
s2000zr
Driver

"I wanted to reach out to you both regarding your vibration noises you are experiencing with your new Lexus. We went to put in the order today to order dampers to help with your concerns until Lexus Comes out with a fix… well Lexus no longer is releasing these dampers as a temporary “band-aid” for this issue because they are about to release a special service campaign to address this concern… They have not released a time frame on release for this fix for the vibration concern… I apologize for the delay.. I will make sure you are notified as soon as Lexus initiates the service campaign…"

Respectfully,
I hope Lexus have a fix for real soon. And not something they say to shut us up and go away.
Old 11-18-16, 03:12 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Respectfully,
Great news. Hopefully Canada doesn't get left of this campaign.
Old 11-19-16, 05:37 PM
s2000zr
Driver

I hope it's not the same campaign as there dash replacement. My sister have been on the waiting list for over two years and still nothing. Hers RX dash looks worse than this.
Attached Thumbnails 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration-photo113.jpg  
Old 11-21-16, 09:53 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Respectfully,
Which dealership is this?

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration