RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-17, 04:02 PM
KenwK
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tdjacw
. PLEASE READ

I actually started the Lemon law process. Diane Hoffman told me that the Lemon Law is in progress however
there are two TSB's regarding the drone. Her exact words were one will be released almost immediately and
the other will be in two weeks. So if the car is repaired to your satisfaction you do not have to proceed with the
lemon law. I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO CALL 1 800 25 LEXUS TO VERIFY THIS INFORMATION.
Ask for Diane Hoffman It will also look better if more people complain.
I called but could not reach Diane as she is not my case manager. So I opened up a new case with Lexus and have them call me back.
Old 01-31-17, 04:35 PM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty75
Did you get anything in writing from Diane Hoffman?
This was all verbal, but I highly doubt someone in her position would flat out lie.
We will know soon enough. She tould me she is going to contact the service Manager
at my dealer ship and let him know to call me as soon as he receives the TSB.
Old 01-31-17, 05:29 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000zr
Around my town, 90% rx350 owner are older women. They don't care if it roar, shake, vibrate, hesitate, gear hunt. They just happy to be in a LEXUS. My wife included, she still mad that I sold her new RX. She didn't care about the vibration, she said I am too picky and I read too much on here.
Hmm-sounds familiar, especially about reading too much here. -- but I would not have the b**** to sell my wife's car. BTW I just read your wife's comment about you being to picky and that you read too much here, to my wife-- her response? Amen. Oh well.
Old 01-31-17, 05:44 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cec327
Hmm-sounds familiar, especially about reading too much here. -- but I would not have the b**** to sell my wife's car. BTW I just read your wife's comment about you being to picky and that you read too much here, to my wife-- her response? Amen. Oh well.
It was our first Lexus. Coming from a Honda SUV, I was expecting a more smooth quiet ride. But that wasn't the case. But we will buy another RX when they come out with this fix.
Old 01-31-17, 07:57 PM
615tpc
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it's a lemon if it does all these annoying things but still gets you from A to B.. it's just a very expensive Toyota from the sounds (pun intended) of it ....lol.

Lexus needs to address this. I don't think they've put this engine and transmission in the ES350 yet. When they do, IMO they would have figured this stuff out by then.
Old 02-02-17, 09:56 PM
Walt1953
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Last Wednesday I dialed 1 800 25 lexus and asked for Diane Haufman - she was not available. The person on the phone opened a "Case" for me and "Someone" will return my call Friday (tomorrow). I have opened many "Cases", but still no remedies. The Customer Service Agent finishing out our conversation asked me what I expected and wanted. I said, it's been almost one year since I bought my 2016 RX 350 and it still has a Noise Vibration Issue (My Damper Installation curbed the Drone problem - well, almost). I said what I want, is for Lexus to fix the Noise/Vibration on my vehicle or replace it with a new one.

As per one of my earlier postings - I did the "Lexus Buy Back / Lemon Law thing as suggested by the Western District Field Services Representative after he said they have no solution to our "Issue". It is really a very easy process once you are sent the paperwork. The end results were: "Since my Noise/Drone/Vibration Issue does not involve a Matter of Safety, there is nothing "They" can do. The Lexus Representative did issue me a $1000 credit towards Parts and Service as long as I own this particular car - as the saying goes, better than the old poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

If there is one of us out there who is an Attorney, Is there something we can do that we aren't doing? Can you help us?

Beautiful weather in the Phoenix AZ Valley right now. Keep the Faith... Walt from Florence
Old 02-03-17, 05:27 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

I got a call from my local dealership service Manager who was contacted by Lexus informing him that the TSB would be available in two weeks.
He just contacted be an told me even when the TSB is released, by law he can not work on my car because I started the Lemon law process. This is crazy, I cant even cancel the process even with the release of a fix.
Old 02-03-17, 05:53 AM
michelle35
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tdjacw that is awful! I am so sorry to hear this in your case! I relieved to hear there is a tsb coming in two weeks but the lemon law should be revoked in your case, especially if the car is deemed not a "lemon".
Old 02-03-17, 06:17 AM
mccutcj
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Typical for a company which has been in denial for over a year and suddenly changes course with the promise of a future TSB,
Old 02-03-17, 07:42 AM
MConte05
Driver School Candidate

Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

So I just returned from the dealer after bringing my wifes 2017 RX350 (non F-sport) in to complain about the NVH which is reported here. It's pretty bad on her car when leaving a light and stuff. Anyways, they reported they couldn't do anything since there was no TSB or anything, but had it in the system so that it could potentially generate one. They did agree that it was noticeable, and another RX they drove had the same problem.

Not 15 minutes after I left the dealer apparently the regional service rep came by, and my service adviser was talking to them about my RX. The rep said a TSB was coming and went ahead and already got the exhaust damper on order for my car. Service rep was saying that my RX might be the first one in America to get this problem rectified under warranty. They'll be contacting me when the part is in and ready to get installed.

So, definitely good news for everyone here!
Old 02-03-17, 09:43 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Has anyone with a 2016-2017 RX 450h had this vibration/drone problem? If not, what is different? If so, how many? I "hear" my RX 450h exhaust, but nothing vibrates or drones to the point of being annoying. That doesn't mean other folks don't have it. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones...

BTW, a few days ago, I was e-mailed a quality survey from Lexus asking about every system on the vehicle. I noted there were several questions concerning "vibrations" and "droning noise". I thought that was rather interesting.
Old 02-03-17, 12:22 PM
lefty75
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MConte05
So I just returned from the dealer after bringing my wifes 2017 RX350 (non F-sport) in to complain about the NVH which is reported here. It's pretty bad on her car when leaving a light and stuff. Anyways, they reported they couldn't do anything since there was no TSB or anything, but had it in the system so that it could potentially generate one. They did agree that it was noticeable, and another RX they drove had the same problem.

Not 15 minutes after I left the dealer apparently the regional service rep came by, and my service adviser was talking to them about my RX. The rep said a TSB was coming and went ahead and already got the exhaust damper on order for my car. Service rep was saying that my RX might be the first one in America to get this problem rectified under warranty. They'll be contacting me when the part is in and ready to get installed.

So, definitely good news for everyone here!
Installing a damper is not a solution.
Old 02-03-17, 01:35 PM
MConte05
Driver School Candidate

Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty75
Installing a damper is not a solution.
We'll see what they come up with. Who knows. They just mentioned that they knew of the exhaust damper that people were buying.
Old 02-03-17, 05:27 PM
tdjacw
Pole Position

I cant belive that after a year thats the fix they come up with. Sounds to me like they aren't addressing the root cause.
Seems like their just trying to mask the problem. well if anything it will be intereseting to see where they place the
damper. I actually have two on order.
Old 02-03-17, 06:45 PM
DennisK
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tdjacw
I cant belive that after a year thats the fix they come up with. Sounds to me like they aren't addressing the root cause.
Seems like their just trying to mask the problem. well if anything it will be intereseting to see where they place the
damper. I actually have two on order.
I hope you get satisfaction from your damper. I installed one and consider it a waste of money, no noticeable effect.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration