RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-18, 09:52 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssteigss

So the Car starts in 4th gear? That doesnt seem to make sense. My Audi Q5 would shift to 2nd gear almost instantly from a start but 4th gear sounds way to high. So 1st-3rd are never used?
It doesn't start out in 4th gear, what happens is that it upshifts into 4th gear very quickly.
Old 04-15-18, 05:55 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Finally gave up, traded in the Lexus. The vibration was enough to drive me insane. As far as Im concerned Lexus is no better than any other car manufacturer. Thier dealing with this noise and vibration issue was herendous. Actually by far the worse experience I have had with a new vehicle. I wish all of you on this forum the best of luck.
The following 2 users liked this post by tdjacw:
alin1390 (01-10-20), kent2174 (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 08:27 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tdjacw
Finally gave up, traded in the Lexus. The vibration was enough to drive me insane. As far as Im concerned Lexus is no better than any other car manufacturer. Thier dealing with this noise and vibration issue was herendous. Actually by far the worse experience I have had with a new vehicle. I wish all of you on this forum the best of luck.
Congratulations, Best of Luck with your new vehicle!!
The following users liked this post:
tdjacw (04-15-18)
Old 04-15-18, 08:42 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

So what did you trade into? Good luck!
Old 04-15-18, 10:39 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssteigss

So the Car starts in 4th gear? That doesnt seem to make sense. My Audi Q5 would shift to 2nd gear almost instantly from a start but 4th gear sounds way to high. So 1st-3rd are never used?
No way it starts in 4th gear. Absurd.
Old 04-15-18, 11:35 AM
615tpc
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sad to see but it is the right thing to do. In my experience, once something like that is a botheration the sooner one moves on to another vehicle the better off you will be. Sure you pay for it but if you already know you don't like something and it won't get better, then best to move on. I've been through this with my es350 which I thought had such poor handling characteristics that I had to dump it within a year of buying it new.
Old 04-15-18, 11:54 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gadgetman1

So what did you trade into? Good luck!
I originally traded my Dodge Challenger in for the RX and regreated it from day one.
Here is my new one.
Old 04-15-18, 01:53 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,510 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I originally traded my Dodge Challenger in for the RX and regreated it from day one.
Here is my new one.
Wow it's a beauty but apples and oranges compared to an RX.
Old 04-16-18, 06:15 PM
RealWing
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is my new one.
MOPAR or no car!!!!
Old 04-17-18, 05:29 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Here is my new one.
Beautiful car!! We looked at the Challengers when we bought our GTI. They were nice, but many had issues right on the lot! That was more than likely the dealer not prepping/servicing their new inventory properly. We chose the VW because it was way easier to see out of to park. The Hemi 6 speed was sure a blast to drive & sounded fantastic, but I have serious doubts about their reliability. I hope your new Challenger proves to be lots of fun & trouble free!
Old 04-17-18, 08:03 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gadgetman1

Beautiful car!! We looked at the Challengers when we bought our GTI. They were nice, but many had issues right on the lot! That was more than likely the dealer not prepping/servicing their new inventory properly. We chose the VW because it was way easier to see out of to park. The Hemi 6 speed was sure a blast to drive & sounded fantastic, but I have serious doubts about their reliability. I hope your new Challenger proves to be lots of fun & trouble free!
The Challenger is not for everyone but I have owned several with no issues. It’s kinda funny you mention reliability. I purchased the Lexus for that reason and look how that turned out. From now on I am not going by statistics, I am buying what I like. There is no guarantee of reliability with any car.

Old 04-17-18, 08:52 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

The Challenger is not for everyone but I have owned several with no issues. It’s kinda funny you mention reliability. I purchased the Lexus for that reason and look how that turned out. From now on I am not going by statistics, I am buying what I like. There is no guarantee of reliability with any car.

You are 100% right! All dealers suck & all manufactures have well known flaws. It all comes down to whether it’s economically feasible to correct the problems. I bought my Lexus for the same reason as you. Everyone harped it was the most reliable car in the world. Maybe, but I haven’t had the issues you have, so I can’t say it’s horrible, but I can say it’s one of the better cars I’ve had recently. Enjoy the American muscle!
Old 04-17-18, 06:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Beautiful cars guys but let’s get this back on topic please. Dozens of members get notifications of all new posts in a thread this size so let’s keep it focused on the RX topic they are interested in
Old 04-17-18, 11:17 PM
minusplus
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got my RX back from the dealership and I'm very happy with the results. The drone is completely gone, and the car is even more quiet. I didn't have any vibration before the TSB fix, and haven't experienced vibration since.
Old 04-18-18, 08:17 AM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by minusplus
Just got my RX back from the dealership and I'm very happy with the results. The drone is completely gone, and the car is even more quiet. I didn't have any vibration before the TSB fix, and haven't experienced vibration since.
Some members said they had issues at higher speeds after the TSB. Have you taken your RX on the highway after the TSB?

I have been holding off on this TSB because I wanted someone to confirm that there are no issues during higher speeds.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Excessive noise and vibration