RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Touch Free Rear Door Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-17, 07:43 AM
daffydd
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Stop waving your hand and just place it over the rear emblem.
I didn't make myself clear when I wrote Top, center, bottom, wave of the hand, whatever, it rarely works. That means that just placing my hand over the emblem—without waving it— rarely works for me. It also doesn't work for others on my rear hatch. I don't think that this is a human problem.
Old 08-28-17, 07:46 AM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by LordBowral
Yes .. keep your hand still and it works perfectly . Lexus will never adopt that silly foot waving thing as so many older folk have fallen over trying to make it work and broken hips in the process .
I'm sure you meant to say that it works perfectly for you. Lexus needn't adopt the foot-kick scheme; I would like to see them examine the Ford sensor to see why it is more reliable than the Lexus sensor.
Old 08-28-17, 08:13 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 516 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by daffydd
I'm sure you meant to say that it works perfectly for you. Lexus needn't adopt the foot-kick scheme; I would like to see them examine the Ford sensor to see why it is more reliable than the Lexus sensor.
While I agree that Fords way might be better it is too late to incorporate it in your RX. If your door does not open by putting your and on the emblem, you need to get it back to the dealer.
Old 08-28-17, 08:49 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Mine works fine but I still find it easier to use the fob.
Old 08-28-17, 09:01 AM
daffydd
Driver

...If your door does not open by putting your and on the emblem, you need to get it back to the dealer.
Again!? I don't want to exaggerate the importance of this. The "feature" is a gimmick with no importance of me.
Old 08-28-17, 09:07 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Again!? I don't want to exaggerate the importance of this. The "feature" is a gimmick with no importance of me.
Today's cars are full of features that are truly gimmicks. Think about it.
Old 08-28-17, 10:31 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

If you do not think it is important, then why are you posting? We are trying to educate others on how to get their trunk to open using the emblem 100% of the time. Either you can post a video so we can tell you if something is wrong (either with your sensor or method, which will help others) or you could stop complaining about it/disagreeing with the folks trying to help you?
The following 2 users liked this post by ericsan13:
ggebhardt (08-29-17), mikemu30 (08-28-17)
Old 08-28-17, 01:50 PM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by ericsan13
If you do not think it is important, then why are you posting? We are trying to educate others on how to get their trunk to open using the emblem 100% of the time. Either you can post a video so we can tell you if something is wrong (either with your sensor or method, which will help others) or you could stop complaining about it/disagreeing with the folks trying to help you?
I'm sorry that I annoyed you with my post(s). It's all in the point of view. I thought that I was commenting on the matter, you saw me as complaining. And you stretched it a bit by saying that I disagreed with other posters. I reiterate: to those who say the emblem release works for them, I believe you.
Old 08-28-17, 08:36 PM
vital350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine doesn't work right either. It opened only 2 or 3 times and I tried at least 50 lol. Waving, placing, touching, close to the car, further away, left, right....
The following users liked this post:
daffydd (08-28-17)
Old 08-29-17, 02:14 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 516 Likes on 386 Posts

again!? I don't want to exaggerate the importance of this. The "feature" is a gimmick with no importance of me.
then why are you discussing it here?
Old 08-29-17, 05:13 AM
daffydd
Driver

then why are you discussing it here?
Off the top of my head I would say it is because I'm a pretty good match for the the type specimen for the species Homo sapiens—a human being—and human beings discuss things, both important things and not-so-important things.

In the larger sense, do you think that anything is important in a forum that consists largely of wealthy people discussing their luxury cars?
Old 08-29-17, 05:37 AM
dwayneir
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I agree that this is a somewhat gimmicky feature .... sometimes it's helpful. If my hands are full, I can hold my forearm over the emblem for about 2 seconds, I hear the beep and the door opens. Pretty much works every time for me. YMMV.
Old 08-29-17, 06:38 AM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by dwayneir
While I agree that this is a somewhat gimmicky feature .... sometimes it's helpful. If my hands are full, I can hold my forearm over the emblem for about 2 seconds, I hear the beep and the door opens. Pretty much works every time for me. YMMV.
Can't argue with success!
Old 08-29-17, 12:20 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Off the top of my head I would say it is because I'm a pretty good match for the the type specimen for the species Homo sapiens—a human being—and human beings discuss things, both important things and not-so-important things.

In the larger sense, do you think that anything is important in a forum that consists largely of wealthy people discussing their luxury cars?
Important when we get answers to questions we have. The responder was just pointing out that you posted a question/comment and then when the responses started rolling in, you commented something to the effect of "who cares the feature is just a gimmick". So why post the question to begin with.
Old 08-29-17, 07:05 PM
LCTMadison
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually think it is one of my favorite features. I love that I do not have to remove my key from my purse to do anything....unlock/open door, open rear hatch, etc.

To each its own, but I disagree it is a "gimmick".

Quick Reply: Touch Free Rear Door Issues