RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX headlights startup

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-16, 05:48 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 4RX headlights startup

Took this video today. First time I actually saw headlights up close after driving my car for almost a month

Cool tech! Thought you guys might like it as well.

Old 01-05-16, 07:16 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

awesome! oh man I can't wait. Are you going to Tokyo drift after?
Old 01-05-16, 07:17 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

That is pretty cool. The USA models do not have this sequential start up, only the leveling.

We would love to have the sequential turn signals but our government decided that we did not need them.
Old 01-05-16, 07:30 AM
Lubber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is this not allowed for Lexus when I see Mustangs with the sequential turn signals?
Old 01-05-16, 08:59 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man, I wish there was some up up down down left right left right B A code to unlock the sequential functionality

If there is a way to be had, like a part of something, I'd fly to Japan to get it!
Old 01-05-16, 09:15 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubber
Why is this not allowed for Lexus when I see Mustangs with the sequential turn signals?
They bypassed the regulation by making the turn signals bigger. So the first signal is so big that it meet the minimum criteria for DOT standards. Lexus cant do the same since they have limited space
Old 01-05-16, 09:34 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
man, I wish there was some up up down down left right left right B A code to unlock the sequential functionality

If there is a way to be had, like a part of something, I'd fly to Japan to get it!
I doubt the wiring going to the blinkers is even there to do sequential so I am afraid it would take way more than a code.
Old 01-05-16, 09:49 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Pretty cool to watch. I saw an MB CLS go through a headlight check and was amazed. My girl wasn't thrilled I was staring at a car instead of listening to her.
Old 01-05-16, 05:04 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXOwner
I doubt the wiring going to the blinkers is even there to do sequential so I am afraid it would take way more than a code.
Without looking we are all just presenting theories. On a sidenote, my older bimmer had rear fogs disabled. However with a new euro spec light switch enabled that functionality. Again someone who is really motivated would need to check on this.
Old 01-05-16, 05:22 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Without looking we are all just presenting theories. On a sidenote, my older bimmer had rear fogs disabled. However with a new euro spec light switch enabled that functionality. Again someone who is really motivated would need to check on this.
Similarly, the GS F-Sport does not come with fog lights, buying the harness and headlight stalk with the fog switch activated the fog light function. The indicator even illuminates on the speedo.
Old 01-05-16, 05:44 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yardie876
Similarly, the GS F-Sport does not come with fog lights, buying the harness and headlight stalk with the fog switch activated the fog light function. The indicator even illuminates on the speedo.
Side note, any special modifications to accommodate the viper smart? I know alot of aftermarket alarms are becoming useless since the adoption of the canbus/flexray systems
Old 01-05-16, 05:50 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Side note, any special modifications to accommodate the viper smart? I know alot of aftermarket alarms are becoming useless since the adoption of the canbus/flexray systems
I don't really know to be honest, but as far as I know the Viper system is a canbus system.
Old 01-05-16, 06:02 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
That is pretty cool. The USA models do not have this sequential start up, only the leveling.
Could the sequential part potentially be related to the fact that mine are adaptive headlights (maker option)?… It would be strange not to have these center (?) lights checked unless they're missing or not critical for operation.
Old 01-05-16, 06:21 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
Could the sequential part potentially be related to the fact that mine are adaptive headlights (maker option)?… It would be strange not to have these center (?) lights checked unless they're missing or not critical for operation.
I don't believe so. The adaptive lights aren't available with triple led...only double.
Old 01-05-16, 06:32 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I don't believe so. The adaptive lights aren't available with triple led...only double.
^ This. Anything Sequential adaptive headlights are currently banned by DOT.

So for instance, the leds of the leading european mfgs have a tech known as adaptive front lighting, which is the next evolution of adaptive high beams, whereas the front lighting beam pattern can be modified to accommodate traffic in front of the vehicle. However due to DOT regulations banned. Same thing here.

However if the existing hardware exists, and coding is easy then anyone can turn these bad boys in the euro mfgs. (ie bmw)

Not sure about lexus though, at least the coding

Quick Reply: 4RX headlights startup