RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-17, 02:00 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
Very sorry to see you go, you were a valuable contributor to this forum and your posts helped many here.
For the curious amongst us, if you don't mind sharing, what did you end up buying, something sporty I hope.
My wife surprised me and asked why I didn't buy trucks anymore...The light bulb came on and a fully loaded crew cab short (I think) box pick-up is waiting for me on Thursday. Won't say the brand as not to get flamed here....haha.

Color is Dark Slate metallic, beautiful interior, seats, and V8 smooth. Very stout looking truck the way it's set up. Car/truck number 58. I need help!

Likewise to many very kind and helpful people here. By far the best forum out there!

Last edited by FastFord; 11-13-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-13-17, 02:06 PM
FastFord
Racer

Originally Posted by LordBowral
Very perplexing how this issue only seems to occur in the USA ? Every other country has no such issues and the very same transmissions are buttery smooth and shift seamlessly 🙄
I will respectfully disagree with you as I have information to the contrary. If you have one that works great, I am happy for you. Mine wasn't even that bad, but there are a few that are still getting repairs where I help out.
Old 11-13-17, 04:17 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very perplexing how this issue only seems to occur in the USA ? Every other country has no such issues and the very same transmissions are buttery smooth and shift seamlessly 🙄
According to the statistically significant frequency of repair data compiled by Consumers Union (Consumers Report) a vast majority of roughly 100,000/year 2016-17 RXs sold in the North America have not been experiencing major issues. Evidently, a few have been having problems with control of the transmission, as posted here on this forum. As it has been breaking in, my sample has been becoming even smoother and quieter (apologies to Mr. Forum Moderator ).
Old 11-13-17, 06:17 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 155 Likes on 124 Posts

Maybe something to do with the fact their RX's are manufactured in Canada, we get Jap ones.
Old 11-14-17, 06:37 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
My wife surprised me and asked why I didn't buy trucks anymore...The light bulb came on and a fully loaded crew cab short (I think) box pick-up is waiting for me on Thursday. Won't say the brand as not to get flamed here....haha.

Color is Dark Slate metallic, beautiful interior, seats, and V8 smooth. Very stout looking truck the way it's set up. Car/truck number 58. I need help!

Likewise to many very kind and helpful people here. By far the best forum out there!
Congrats on the new truck... And based on the specs you mentioned I'm going to guess GMC... Regardless of make / model as long as you're happy who cares what others think..After all, it's your money..

Best of luck...
The following users liked this post:
FastFord (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 09:06 AM
FastFord
Racer

Originally Posted by JT4
Congrats on the new truck... And based on the specs you mentioned I'm going to guess GMC... Regardless of make / model as long as you're happy who cares what others think..After all, it's your money..

Best of luck...
Oh you're good! In the big picture I really don't care who makes it. It suits my needs and hopefully rides well. The interior is really nice, Impressive for a truck, let alone any vehicle. Most of all my wife likes it!
Old 11-14-17, 09:12 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Oh you're good! In the big picture I really don't care who makes it. It suits my needs and hopefully rides well. The interior is really nice, Impressive for a truck, let alone any vehicle. Most of all my wife likes it!
Is it a 4WD?
Old 11-14-17, 11:35 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by PeeVee
Is it a 4WD?
Seriously? He is Canadian and he has LOTS of snow. Also, can we call 2wd a truck these days?

oh yes, we can ....maybe....

@FastFord I thought you got a King Ranch but it turned out a Sierra Denali or Silverado HighCountry?
Old 11-14-17, 11:45 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Well sad to say, Lexus has no clue, is lying, or built this transmission to function the way mine does....many posts above. I know there are a few people that the hesitation and jumping from gear to gear drives them crazy...I'm one of them.

Well no longer...Sold the car.

Lots of great info to be found and many nice people here....Been a slice, and I'll keep lurking.

Cheers!
Good luck - what's the replacement?
Old 11-14-17, 11:48 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Surprised you didn't go with the F150 based on your screen name
Old 11-14-17, 12:04 PM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Seriously? He is Canadian and he has LOTS of snow. Also, can we call 2wd a truck these days?

oh yes, we can ....maybe....
Lots of 2 rear wheels drive on the road.

I am Canadian as well. This is why I asked!

​​​
Old 11-14-17, 12:39 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Well the color is what kind of gave me the biggest clue.. You should post a few pics when you get it....
The following users liked this post:
FastFord (11-16-17)
Old 11-14-17, 05:40 PM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Will they be giving you a loaner for those two months?

Will they be giving you a loaner for those two months?
Old 11-14-17, 06:25 PM
jhersey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yes but I am going for a replacement this the fourth tow in in 9 months. Very unsettling and no trust in the vehicle. It does seem this is rather unusual.
Old 11-14-17, 06:32 PM
jvinhj240
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lemon law yet?

Quick Reply: Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)