RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-17, 02:47 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Nail34
Just curious, have you ever punched a 160 hp "motor bike"??
i have... and do sport and sport touring guy here.
The following users liked this post:
Nail34 (11-26-17)
Old 11-26-17, 06:30 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
i have... and do sport and sport touring guy here.
My bike riding day was over LONG time ago. When I married, wife to-be made me promise 3 things. No smoking, No bike riding, No jumping off the plane for skydiving. So far I kept that promise. I guess that bike rpm may be near or over 10,000 rpm? Need ear plugs to ride it? Nearest any bike I can touch is vintage collectible Indian Commando bike my SIL has.(handed down from his dad)
Old 11-26-17, 08:27 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jaymk
Does the problems persist in the RX450h model too?
If not than I might trade my wife's 16 RX350 and get her the hybrid model.
Thank You.
I traded in my 350 for the 450h because of the transmission issue. Totally happy with the hybrid! Nice to have a smooth ride again after disappointing experience with the 350.
Old 11-26-17, 10:01 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
Just curious, have you ever punched a 160 hp "motor bike"??
I did and almost got killed twice. Gsx-R 750 here.
The following users liked this post:
Nail34 (11-26-17)
Old 11-26-17, 10:07 PM
jaymk
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Mspearl95,
I will try to get a deal right around New Years time.
Hopefully it won't be that bad, and I should be able to get a good trade in for the RX350.
Can you pm the deal you got as that will help me in my negotiations.
Will keep you guys posted.
Thank You.
Old 11-29-17, 01:20 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
Maybe I am not too old to drive nimble cars yet, LOL! (I just turned 77 last month) If GX had a swing up tail gate that was my choice but better half says absolute "No!" after knowing about
the swing out tail gate. Just came back from Audi dealer closing a deal on SQ5. Got as an extra, free set of 19" winter rims/tires. I'll take delivery on Wednesday.
Congrats on the Audi, you're going to love it.. I made the switch to Audi (Q7) 6 months ago and absolutely love it..
Old 12-03-17, 05:22 PM
manchu73
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 RX 350 FWD Hestitation and Excessive vibration at gas pedal

Hello,
I got brand new 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD from dealer last week at Grapevine TX. I have noticed that there is lot of hesitation especially at stop sign or at the signal. I hear loud engine cranking noise and vibration at gas pedal.

I found a very long thread on 2016 model. Is this still the issue with other drivers on 2017 model?

Sports mode is little better.

I did not expect this kind of ride from Lexus. I have non luxury car and minivan from Toyota but never had this issue.

My friend got a new Toyota sienna this year and had the same issue. Toyota acknowledge the issue with transmission and updated the software. Since then his problem got solved.
Is there any initiative that will let lexus know of the issues?

It is strange that none of the reviews on the website or youtube have a mention about this.

I vibration is causing me issues on the foot and get tingling feeling after a while.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mac

Last edited by manchu73; 12-04-17 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-04-17, 06:50 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by manchu73
Hello,
I got brand new 2017 Lexus RX 350 FWD from dealer last week at Grapevine TX. I have noticed that there is lot of hesitation especially at stop sign or at the signal. I hear loud engine cranking noise and vibration at gas pedal.
I found a very long thread on 2016 model. Is this still the issue with other drivers on 2017 model?
I did not expect this kind of ride from Lexus. I have non luxury car and minivan from Toyota but never had this issue.
My friend got a new Toyota sienna this year and had the same issue. Toyota acknowledge the issue with transmission and updated the software. Since then his problem got solved.
It is strange that none of the reviews on the website or youtube have a mention about this.
I vibration is causing me issues on the foot and get tingling feeling after a while.
Regards
Mac
Sir/Ms, you got this car brand new last week? And you're looking for help on a website? May I suggest you return it to the dealer you bought it from?
Old 12-04-17, 08:58 AM
d725
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Regards
Mac

I have the same problem with vibration in the gas pedal - been to the dealer several times. They say either they feel nothing or it's normal. Either way - they won't acknowledge the problem. I've had no luck fixing the vibration on my own either.
Old 12-04-17, 10:47 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Same boat here, the real issue is having to argue an issue when they insist its normal for this vehicle.
When the Rep from Lexus test drove mine he said others he has drivin were much worse. So again sounding like a broken record. How can he say that an in the next breath tell me its normal for this vehicle to have some vibration.
Old 12-04-17, 05:14 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by d725
I have the same problem with vibration in the gas pedal - been to the dealer several times. They say either they feel nothing or it's normal. Either way - they won't acknowledge the problem. I've had no luck fixing the vibration on my own either.
If it were me, I'd insist on driving another car just like mine, with the service manager onboard. If it vibrates like mine, ok. If not, give me a loaner and call me when it's fixed.
Old 12-05-17, 05:43 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Hello,

Regards
Mac
Sorry to hear about your issue.. I was wondering, before you bought the RX did you take it on a decent test drive, I don't mean a 10 min around the block drive but a 25 to 30 min test drive?

I ask because last year we test drove an RX for approx 25 to 30 mins and in sport it was ok, but in any other mode the hesitation (IMO) was very noticeable. That same day we test drove a GX with the "old school" six speed trans and it felt much more responsive, even though the GX is approx 900 lbs.heavier.
Old 12-05-17, 07:47 AM
freshwater
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,

Regards
Mac
I had the same problem in mine 2017 RX350, took it to the dealer and he sees no issue, he recommend using Premium Gas even though Lexus says Regular. Once I start using Premium I never feel the hesitation any more. I even tried 89 and that was better then using 87 Regular. So try putting premium 93 few times and see if it reduce the hesitation.
Old 12-07-17, 06:18 AM
technodis
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daveylin
So this has happened twice now in the last couple days... I need to take the car in but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this... I think its different from the hesitation issues which I have as well.

On the freeway twice, the transmission seems to have gotten stuck on a low gear and wouldnt change... the rpms got to around 4k and then jumped awkwardly down like it was skipping gears. I had this same thing happen on my old accord before the transmission blew...

For what its worth, its a 350 f sport with 2800 miles.
This exact thing happened to me the other day when I was on cruise control on my 2016 RX350. I was either going down or uphill slightly when the engine revved to over 4000 rpm. Then after a few seconds it went back down to normal range. I have no idea why it did this but it did it a couple of times on that drive. I had Lexus look at it and they said it’s normal. Whatever. Starting to hate this car with all of the issues I am having.
Old 12-07-17, 06:42 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by technodis
This exact thing happened to me the other day when I was on cruise control on my 2016 RX350. I was either going down or uphill slightly when the engine revved to over 4000 rpm. Then after a few seconds it went back down to normal range. I have no idea why it did this but it did it a couple of times on that drive. I had Lexus look at it and they said it’s normal. Whatever. Starting to hate this car with all of the issues I am having.
If you haven't already done so you may want to review the thread below, it may provide you with some helpful info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ost-159-a.html

Quick Reply: Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)