RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-18, 03:34 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by sejijohn
Sorry different topic, just got curious, did Lexus work with Yamaha for engine sound?
I know Yamaha were responsible for the F-Sports louder sound but don't know about the other models.
The following users liked this post:
sejijohn (09-25-18)
Old 09-25-18, 07:36 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,551 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
I believe the green ECO light can also be turned off in the dash display options, could be why you don't see it.
I've never seen it.
Old 09-26-18, 10:51 AM
nextcar
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnav
Hi,

I bought a new 2018 Rx350 last week, the car is sluggish in acceleration after a stop sign/ red light, when i push the accelerator i can hear sort of vibration below my seat and across the car. it seems like its either missing transmission or changing gears, it all goes away when i take my foot off the accelerator pedal and push it again.This happened a few times, specially when i am getting on a highway/freeway. Overall it runs smooth and a nice ride.

My question: is this a common problem in new car and will it go away once i put more km on it or do i get it checked out at dealership.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Note: If this topic has already been discussed in a previous thread please let me know, I will remove this thread and post my query in other one.
It sounds like you have the droning/vibration issue that many people have.
It doesn't matter whether you drive in eco or normal mode. It's worse when starting on an incline.

I don't have the hesitation issue though.
Old 10-19-18, 06:56 AM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

hesitation is real, and not fixed with the TSB. I was at a round about a few weeks ago, when it hit big time.... almost caused an accident as it took almost 2 seconds for the car to finally move! Took my 2017 RX in and was told, software for the TSB already loaded. Asked them to reset my ECU and they said it would be $175 as it's not a warranteed item since Lexus claims the TSB fixed the issue. Went home and unplugged my negative terminal from the battery for 10 minutes and the car now drives much better.
fmast342 (10-21-18)
Old 10-19-18, 04:40 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jugdish
hesitation is real, and not fixed with the TSB. I was at a round about a few weeks ago, when it hit big time.... almost caused an accident as it took almost 2 seconds for the car to finally move! Took my 2017 RX in and was told, software for the TSB already loaded. Asked them to reset my ECU and they said it would be $175 as it's not a warranteed item since Lexus claims the TSB fixed the issue. Went home and unplugged my negative terminal from the battery for 10 minutes and the car now drives much better.
$175 to basically unplug the battery - they're real crooks these dealers.
I wonder if they actually unplugged the battery as part of the TSB (I believe that's part of it).
Old 10-21-18, 07:41 AM
fmast342
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed - ridiculous
Old 10-22-18, 05:31 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Morning, I've had mine done a few times at the dealer and each time my vehicle runs good for about 8 weeks. Would you or someone take a photo pointing out which cable is the "negative" so I can unplug mine? My email is kajnbabe@aol.com. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-22-18, 06:07 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
Morning, I've had mine done a few times at the dealer and each time my vehicle runs good for about 8 weeks. Would you or someone take a photo pointing out which cable is the "negative" so I can unplug mine? My email is kajnbabe@aol.com. Thanks in advance.
https://www.clublexus.com/how-tos/a/...our-ecu-363500
Old 10-22-18, 06:36 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 499 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kajnbabe
With all due respect Sir/Ms, you don't sound like someone who should be attempting what you want to do. If you do the wrong thing, you can cause a lot of expensive damage to your electrical system.
Old 10-22-18, 08:07 AM
TeKKieNYC
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ravenuer
With all due respect Sir/Ms, you don't sound like someone who should be attempting what you want to do. If you do the wrong thing, you can cause a lot of expensive damage to your electrical system.
Why he/she may get two resets in one But you are correct!
Old 10-25-18, 02:59 AM
rxtimes2
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

I read somewhere in this Forum that disconnecting the battery on newer models will not reset the ECM. Anyone know for sure?
Old 10-26-18, 07:16 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you guys for the TSB - I don't know if it'll be a permanent fix or not but for now the hesitation is noticeably gone for me.
Old 10-29-18, 05:39 AM
Kajnbabe
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ravenuer
I agree. I don't plan on doing it myself. But needed to read up on how to b/c everytime I take it in to dealer I wanted to be abreast on "how to" so when I question attendant I will know if what he says is a way to do it. Who ever posted the link on how to, thank you.
ravenuer (10-29-18)
Old 11-03-18, 11:18 AM
Googs
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Took my 2017 RX F to the dealer for this TSB to reset the ECU and they declined to do so stating the VIN is not part of this TSB. Anyone else encountered this?
Old 11-04-18, 04:03 AM
ellydogns
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand, the TSB applies to F VINs before 2T2BZMCA#HC060921 F Sport AWD and 2T2ZZMCA#HC040068 (2WD)

Quick Reply: Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)