RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 03:27 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 179 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlh4eva1
I’m really not comfortable putting all my information here online. I believe that number is all you should need. Maybe simply asking to make sure all your software updates are done will get you there if the dealer isn’t co-operating. Or at least elevate your concern from the service consultant to the manager or higher if necessary. It’s a software update for hesitation, simply asking for updates for that concern should get you this. That’s what I did.
You could just blurr out the personal stuff I just wanted to show them. No worries. I did exactly that and they said the other TSB was the only one applicable to my VIN and the number you gave me they can’t even find that TSB. That’s why I wanted to actually see it.
Old 07-10-19, 03:52 PM
Rlh4eva1
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DMPesso
You could just blurr out the personal stuff I just wanted to show them. No worries. I did exactly that and they said the other TSB was the only one applicable to my VIN and the number you gave me they can’t even find that TSB. That’s why I wanted to actually see it.
Sorry to hear that. If they can’t find that number maybe try another dealer. Seems suspect.
Old 07-10-19, 05:32 PM
Nail34
Intermediate

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

I just called my service advisor, gave him the TSB#, took him about 5 minutes before he found it.
I'll get it done when I go in for my next service.
The following users liked this post:
Rlh4eva1 (07-10-19)
Old 07-10-19, 08:57 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Nail34
I just called my service advisor, gave him the TSB#, took him about 5 minutes before he found it.
I'll get it done when I go in for my next service.
I gave them the tsb today and I’m going in tomorrow. Will report back.
Old 07-11-19, 04:55 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Which year do you guys have? They are telling me my VIN doesn't qualify for this TSB and they can’t even find it. I never have issues with this dealer so I doubt they’re lying
Old 07-11-19, 05:26 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Which year do you guys have? They are telling me my VIN doesn't qualify for this TSB and they can’t even find it. I never have issues with this dealer so I doubt they’re lying
I assume you checked the TSB to see if your car was listed? You should call the head office number 1-800-255-3987, they should have access to all the available information for ALL Lexus vehicles and they can contact the dealer and sort them out.
Old 07-11-19, 06:54 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Reminder - Don't forget to tell them to disconnect the battery for "30" minutes after the update.
Old 07-11-19, 07:04 AM
Nail34
Intermediate

Lying, probably not, incompetent maybe.
Keep calling other dealers and find one that can find the TSB, then have your service advisor call that dealer's service advisor or manager.
When I spoke with my service guy he quickly read the title to me and the word "bucking" was in there, if that helps at all.
I have a '17 but I believe the update is the years '16 to '19.
Old 07-11-19, 07:23 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 506 Likes on 383 Posts

I’m really not comfortable putting all my information here online. I believe that number is all you should need. Maybe simply asking to make sure all your software updates are done will get you there if the dealer isn’t co-operating. Or at least elevate your concern from the service consultant to the manager or higher if necessary. It’s a software update for hesitation, simply asking for updates for that concern should get you this. That’s what I did.
Agree with the online stuff. If one dealer can find it with the number, they all should.
Old 07-11-19, 10:26 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Agree with the online stuff. If one dealer can find it with the number, they all should.
Im on the phone with the main Lexus number and they can’t find the TSB either. I have some bad luck. It doesn’t come up by my VIN of course but how are you people getting them to locate the TSB ?

I pressed option 2 and 2 again to speak with someone and she said they cannot locate the TSB. What am I doing wrong here I am going crazy

Last edited by DMPesso; 07-11-19 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-11-19, 10:39 AM
robotbelle
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im on the phone with the main Lexus number and they can’t find the TSB either. I have some bad luck. It doesn’t come up by my VIN of course but how are you people getting them to locate the TSB ?

I pressed option 2 and 2 again to speak with someone and she said they cannot locate the TSB. What am I doing wrong here I am going crazy
What I did is to print out the TSB with me when I went to dealer for appointment. Someone already uploaded it in this thread.
That case you don't need to talk on the phone and don't need to explain too much with them. Just follow the TSB procedure. Done
Old 07-11-19, 10:56 AM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by robotbelle
What I did is to print out the TSB with me when I went to dealer for appointment. Someone already uploaded it in this thread.
That case you don't need to talk on the phone and don't need to explain too much with them. Just follow the TSB procedure. Done
Has anyone posted the most recent - 19 TSB? I dont recall seeing it. I'll post my invoice once I pick up later this afternoon.
Old 07-11-19, 11:17 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Has anyone posted the most recent - 19 TSB? I dont recall seeing it. I'll post my invoice once I pick up later this afternoon.
Yea that’s the old one which I already did. This TSB 0032 has not been uploaded to clublexus
Old 07-11-19, 11:26 AM
Rlh4eva1
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just went by my dealer for you and talked to the tech that did my car. He said the bulletin doesn’t even go by vin it goes by Ecu software number and only their computer can verify that. You need to go to your dealer and get in front of a person with the tsb number l-sb-0032-19. Tell them your car hesitates and you want the software update from that bulletin. Make them show you the print out of your “health check” it will show if your software is up to date or not. The bulletin covers 2016-2019 Rx 350
i just went by my dealer for you and talked to the tech that did my car. He said the bulletin doesn’t even go by vin it goes by Ecu software number and only their computer can verify that. You need to go to your dealer and get in front of a person with the tsb number l-sb-0032-19. Tell them your car hesitates and you want the software update from that bulletin. Make them show you the print out of your “health check” it will show if your software is up to date or not. The bulletin covers 2016-2019 Rx 350
The following users liked this post:
s4iscool (07-11-19)
Old 07-11-19, 11:47 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

The bulletin is out since 2017, I can't believe that they are not putting the most up-to-date firmware in the newer models in the factory!

Quick Reply: Hesitation problem at various speeds (TSB info post #159)