RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-16, 07:09 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by noeldavid
Just upgraded the yellow lights located on the side of the door also known as puddle, ghost, shadow or courtesy lights. Got the from amazon ( iJDMTOY Xenon White 2 lights for $25 ). The quality is not great but they are very bright instead of not noticeable at all like the yellow OEM side door lights. A little preasure with an old credit card on the rear facing side will do. Here are some photos inside a pitch black garage with the yellow light and the led light.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008BX...Q-L&ref=plSrch
Are these really 7000K?
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Lexus-IS-ES...s-p/75-008.htm

I am looking for something that is pure white (5000K) without the blue tint. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-05-16, 09:49 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a thread with pics about this on the first page.
Old 05-05-16, 11:32 PM
litzdog911
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...d-upgrade.html
Old 05-06-16, 11:06 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by Vincent05
There is a thread with pics about this on the first page.
It is not easy to discern the difference between 5000K and 6000K from pictures alone
Old 05-06-16, 09:12 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericsan13
It is not easy to discern the difference between 5000K and 6000K from pictures alone
My reply was to nyr276, he made a new thread asking about this. The mods merge the threads and the post wasn't in sequence.
Old 05-16-16, 10:22 PM
noeldavid
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Are these really 7000K?
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Lexus-IS-ES...s-p/75-008.htm

I am looking for something that is pure white (5000K) without the blue tint. What are your thoughts?
On mine ( iJDMtoy 18-SMD LED ) I do not see any hint of blue nor yellow. At night you can really see the floor or if you drop something you can see where it went clearly. I posted some pictures in this thread where you can see the huge difference between the OEM yellow and these powerful LED. These cost $25 for the front doors and $25 for the 2 rear doors.
Old 05-17-16, 12:02 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Originally Posted by noeldavid
On mine ( iJDMtoy 18-SMD LED ) I do not see any hint of blue nor yellow. At night you can really see the floor or if you drop something you can see where it went clearly. I posted some pictures in this thread where you can see the huge difference between the OEM yellow and these powerful LED. These cost $25 for the front doors and $25 for the 2 rear doors.
Thanks, I ended up ordering them and installing already. I would say they have a slight hint of blue, probably closer to 5000K than 5500K though. A nice clean non-import look.
Old 05-21-16, 07:28 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

pleased to say mine was included with LED lights

F SPORT.

It doesn't seem as bright as the JDM ones but based on the reviews I didn't want to dish out 20 bucks for something that seems like sub par quality on occasion. WOULD be nice to have much brighter ones though but doesn't seem worth it for the price.

Enjoying the LED's. Still bright and the colors match the illuminated door sills as well as the interior
Old 10-09-16, 07:58 PM
TProfit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Newbalewb
Can confirm that D006 worked pretty well for me.

I know this is an older post but was wondering if anyone had any long term feedback on how these lights have held up the past few months? Would you recommend the D006 or not? Thinking about doing all four doors.
Old 12-21-16, 01:38 PM
domnf15
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRX
Yes, so far no problems with this set of lights. I also got them for my wife's Acura MDX. For more info, here is the link to their website. You can get them from Amazon.
I just bought the iJDMToy LED door lights w/ housing from Amazon using the link others posted in this thread, they came in today and I installed two on the driver side front/rear doors. Finish/quality of the housing/light itself is fine, however if you're detail oriented (read perfectionist) you won't like how they fit into the cut-out in the door. The gap is inconsistent all around the edge (goes from tight on one side to 1/16 or 1/8th of an inch on the other), the one I put in the rear door is slightly loose. Keep in mind no one will notice this unless they bend down and get real close to inspect them, but just my observation. Standing up in front of them while turned on, they look great and much brighter than the OE ones, but the OE housings are definitely manufactured for a tighter/neater fit.
Old 02-15-17, 03:10 PM
domnf15
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by domnf15
I just bought the iJDMToy LED door lights w/ housing from Amazon using the link others posted in this thread, they came in today and I installed two on the driver side front/rear doors. Finish/quality of the housing/light itself is fine, however if you're detail oriented (read perfectionist) you won't like how they fit into the cut-out in the door. The gap is inconsistent all around the edge (goes from tight on one side to 1/16 or 1/8th of an inch on the other), the one I put in the rear door is slightly loose. Keep in mind no one will notice this unless they bend down and get real close to inspect them, but just my observation. Standing up in front of them while turned on, they look great and much brighter than the OE ones, but the OE housings are definitely manufactured for a tighter/neater fit.
Just an update for anyone who might be interested, I wound up returning the door courtesy lights as I really was unhappy with the fit and finish. I found out later that the cargo area LED lights which I bought separately from Amazon are the same bulb/base as the ones for the door courtesy lights. Someone else on here incorrectly posted that the door courtesy bulbs are not replaceable, that is not true, they actually are easier to remove/replace than the ones in the cargo area. And the LED bulbs look great with the stock lens/housing.
The following 2 users liked this post by domnf15:
aznkorboi (02-15-17), danais7 (12-29-18)
Old 02-16-17, 09:07 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I think it depends on what options you got with the car. Some have LED's already, which Lexus doesn't just slap an LED bulb in the same socket, they like to make the whole thing a single piece.
The following 2 users liked this post by typocl:
aznkorboi (02-18-17), tomtom74 (02-16-17)
Old 02-17-17, 07:58 PM
TexLexRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rfsport

Just got mine done yesterday
i'm guessing you had the dealership put them on because the pattern looks exactly the same as mine on my 2016 RX 350 disappointing that the circle around the logo does not complete I see other post here where you can get a complete logo with a complete circle and I'm thinking about changing line out
Old 04-11-17, 10:53 PM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

My 2017 RX450h f-sport comes with all LEDs except the cargo area, visor and the side marker plus the reverse light.
The side marker lights are bright enough so I only change the rear cargo's and the visor's light bulbs to LED's. The reverse light's leds are on order from China (should be here in 2-3 weeks).
Old 09-18-17, 08:42 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Exclamation Bottom door lights...

I swapped them for the LED Lexus logo and Lexus name lights and found that the passenger door light was loose. So loose, I found it was causing the annoying sound I was hearing at high speeds with the stereo turned off. There is a major gap in the fit and I had to use double sided tape to make a tight fit.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm conflicted on whether to take it in for a replacement door panel. It has 286 miles so it would pain me to take her in for this.

Last edited by elimmigran; 09-18-17 at 09:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade