RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-18, 08:39 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagnut
Today I had the Lexus dash cam installed by the dealer and also installed the puddled door lights and the illuminated sils.

cheers.
Where did you get your Lexus logo puddle lights? Any problems with fit and shattering others sometimes report because it’s an aftermarket product?
Old 03-18-18, 08:44 AM
javapro
Driver

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner
The door sills are pre-wired so it is plug and play. It should not be a warranty issue. Lexus sells both Ghost Lights and illuminated door sills.
What is there OEM part number for the ghost lights? I was told on the ghost lights forum that only aftermarket ones are available. Where did you get yours?
Old 03-18-18, 09:59 AM
javapro
Driver

Today I had the Lexus dash cam installed by the dealer and also installed the puddled door lights and the illuminated sils.

cheers.
Where did you get your Lexus logo puddle lights? Any problems with fit and shattering others sometimes report because it’s an aftermarket product?
Old 03-18-18, 10:01 AM
javapro
Driver

The door sills are pre-wired so it is plug and play. It should not be a warranty issue. Lexus sells both Ghost Lights and illuminated door sills.
Where did you find that Lexus sells ghost lights? Do you have the part number? I was told in this forum that you can only get aftermarket ghost lights. Where did you get yours?

Last edited by javapro; 03-18-18 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-18-18, 10:09 AM
javapro
Driver

Where did you find that Lexus sells ghost lights? Do you have the part number? I was told in this forum that you can only get aftermarket ghost lights. Where did you get yours?
Old 03-18-18, 10:11 AM
javapro
Driver

cheers.
Old 03-18-18, 12:04 PM
javapro
Driver

Where did you find that Lexus sells those logo puddle lights? Do you have the part number? I was told in forums that you can only get aftermarket Lexus logo puddle lights. Where did you get yours?
Old 03-18-18, 12:06 PM
javapro
Driver

cheers.
Where did you get your puddle lights? Any problems with fit and shattering others sometimes report because it’s an aftermarket product?
Old 03-19-18, 06:41 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus Dealer had the ghost lights setup at the parts department desk. They had one wired as a demo. I found mine on EBAY before I saw the ones at the Lexus dealer. I suspect that the dealership has theirs priced higher.
Old 03-20-18, 08:47 AM
javapro
Driver

Lexus Dealer had the ghost lights setup at the parts department desk. They had one wired as a demo. I found mine on EBAY before I saw the ones at the Lexus dealer. I suspect that the dealership has theirs priced higher.
What is the Ebay item #? Any problems with fit and shattering others sometimes report because it’s an aftermarket product? I was given a link to a Chinese website (they all come from China anyway) that sells them for $5 each but it's a bit of a problem because I can't neither read or speak Chinese.
Old 03-21-18, 05:37 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Default Wind & Fire - Look at Youtube as well

Originally Posted by javapro
What is the Ebay item #? Any problems with fit and shattering others sometimes report because it’s an aftermarket product? I was given a link to a Chinese website (they all come from China anyway) that sells them for $5 each but it's a bit of a problem because I can't neither read or speak Chinese.
You should look at Wind & Fire Auto. I am very pleased with the results. I have installed on my RX and my wife's ISC. Easy 5 minute install plug and play. Remove the old and replace with complete light unit. There might be an adjustment required for the direction the Ghost Light is displayed to center it on the ground. I only did the front doors of the RX. I purchased the Forever Lens which costs a few dollars more.

Everyone that gets in and out of the door comments on how they look.

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 03-21-18 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-21-18, 05:47 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Look on Amazon - that’s where I bought mine.
Old 03-21-18, 09:00 AM
javapro
Driver

You should look at Wind & Fire Auto. I am very pleased with the results. I have installed on my RX and my wife's ISC. Easy 5 minute install plug and play. Remove the old and replace with complete light unit. There might be an adjustment required for the direction the Ghost Light is displayed to center it on the ground. I only did the front doors of the RX. I purchased the Forever Lens which costs a few dollars more.

Everyone that gets in and out of the door comments on how they look.
Which Wind & Fire model did you get? D-006 (https://www.windfireauto.com/product/d006/)? Does it have a circle around the logo as some people in this forum seem to indicate? How is the fit - tight enough not to cause rattling? The Wind & Fire website says that "The projector insert may lose color sharpness in 3~4 months. Free replacement code available in box." Is this true? They have another model TE006-L (https://www.windfireauto.com/product/te006-l/) that has something called "Forever-lens laser etched glass" which is $10 more than D-006? Anyone knows what that means? Does it mean that projector will not lose sharpness?
Old 03-21-18, 09:03 AM
javapro
Driver

Originally Posted by gadgetman1

Look on Amazon - that’s where I bought mine.
I did look but want to get something that others used and ot works well for them. I would like to get the exact links/brand/model numbers for the ones that fit well with no rattling, don't lose projected image sharpness overtime, and don't have a circle around the logo. You have link to yours?
Old 03-23-18, 02:24 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Which Wind & Fire model did you get? D-006 (https://www.windfireauto.com/product/d006/)? Does it have a circle around the logo as some people in this forum seem to indicate? How is the fit - tight enough not to cause rattling? The Wind & Fire website says that "The projector insert may lose color sharpness in 3~4 months. Free replacement code available in box." Is this true? They have another model TE006-L (https://www.windfireauto.com/product/te006-l/) that has something called "Forever-lens laser etched glass" which is $10 more than D-006? Anyone knows what that means? Does it mean that projector will not lose sharpness?

the forever lense is what what I purchased. The L has a circle but not the over all display. There is pics on the web site I think. The fit is tight with no issues in fit. The extra $10 is worth the forever lense. I had the seller install the lenses, you have the option to do that. Make sure you order the Lexus model and check your year/make for fit. I have had mind in since 12/2017 with no issues. You can find YouTube video for install and if required the adjustment of the lense is necessary. The display is a circled L with Lexus below. The Wind & Fire are more expensive than the Ebay items. There are a few on EBay that are not a complete replacement so make sure you order correctly. Takes about 5 mins per door to install. Bring at night and you still have the lights as side markers when the doors are open. Go for it......

E-mail Wind & Fire with your questions they will respond with answers.

Quick Reply: Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade