RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-18, 12:24 PM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SCRXOwner

the forever lense is what what I purchased. The L has a circle but not the over all display. There is pics on the web site I think. The fit is tight with no issues in fit. The extra $10 is worth the forever lense. I had the seller install the lenses, you have the option to do that. Make sure you order the Lexus model and check your year/make for fit. I have had mind in since 12/2017 with no issues. You can find YouTube video for install and if required the adjustment of the lense is necessary. The display is a circled L with Lexus below. The Wind & Fire are more expensive than the Ebay items. There are a few on EBay that are not a complete replacement so make sure you order correctly. Takes about 5 mins per door to install. Bring at night and you still have the lights as side markers when the doors are open. Go for it......

E-mail Wind & Fire with your questions they will respond with answers.
Just got the the Wind & Fire forever lens ghost LEDs (TE006-L model) the other day and they look great. They seems to fit as tight as the OEM door courtesy lights. One question though - are these ghost LEDs suppose to turn off after a few mintues if the door stays open? The OEM ones I still have in the rear doors don't turn off but these ghost LEDs I have in the front doors go out after a few minutes. I assume it's something controlled by the chip to protect the laser.
Old 03-30-18, 05:52 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure if I have left my door open that long but I thought that was the RX not the Ghost Light cutting itself off. I will have to check it out. I have ghost lights on IS and RX. I have not noticed the cutting off “early’.
Old 03-30-18, 08:50 PM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 170 Posts

Not sure if I have left my door open that long but I thought that was the RX not the Ghost Light cutting itself off. I will have to check it out. I have ghost lights on IS and RX. I have not noticed the cutting off “early’.
The light cutoff is operated by the RX’s electrical system & has nothing to do with the type of door lights. It’s a battery saver system & works well. There have been many times where I left a map light on or unloaded the car, got distracted & an hour later come back to an open door. All was well as the lights shut off just as designed & my battery was just fine.
Old 03-30-18, 09:57 PM
javapro
Driver

Originally Posted by gadgetman1

The light cutoff is operated by the RX’s electrical system & has nothing to do with the type of door lights. It’s a battery saver system & works well. There have been many times where I left a map light on or unloaded the car, got distracted & an hour later come back to an open door. All was well as the lights shut off just as designed & my battery was just fine.
I know that the computer shuts off all interior lights including the cargo ones after about 20 minutes to save the battery. Here is what the manual says “If the interior lights remain on when the power switch is turned off, the lights will go off automatically after 20 minutes.” What I am talking about is different. The front door ghost lights shut off after a couple of minutes and the rear OEM ones and all other interior lights stay on. So, it doesn’t look like the RX’s computer doing it unless it shuts off the front door courtesy lights first before all the others which I don’t think is true. Can someone confirm whether their ghost lights turn off after a couple minutes?
Old 04-01-18, 11:45 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Originally Posted by javapro
I know that the computer shuts off all interior lights including the cargo ones after about 20 minutes to save the battery. Here is what the manual says “If the interior lights remain on when the power switch is turned off, the lights will go off automatically after 20 minutes.” What I am talking about is different. The front door ghost lights shut off after a couple of minutes and the rear OEM ones and all other interior lights stay on. So, it doesn’t look like the RX’s computer doing it unless it shuts off the front door courtesy lights first before all the others which I don’t think is true. Can someone confirm whether their ghost lights turn off after a couple minutes?

I opened the front door with Wind & Fire forever lense and the back door with the standard puddle lights. The front Ghost Light did cut-off before the read door light did. Not sure if both cut-off at the same time when both were standard but the W&F ghost light did cut off first. Closed the front door and opened it and Ghost Light displayed again.

Yours and and mine are working the same. I did not Contact Wind & Fire to ask if that is by design for the Ghost Lights to cut off “early”.

Old 04-02-18, 06:24 AM
javapro
Driver

I opened the front door with Wind & Fire forever lense and the back door with the standard puddle lights. The front Ghost Light did cut-off before the read door light did. Not sure if both cut-off at the same time when both were standard but the W&F ghost light did cut off first. Closed the front door and opened it and Ghost Light displayed again.

Yours and and mine are working the same. I did not Contact Wind & Fire to ask if that is by design for the Ghost Lights to cut off “early”.

Thanks for confirming. I will contact Wind & Fire just to confirm that this is happening by design. My guess is that it is to protect the laser, lens, etc.
Old 04-02-18, 03:30 PM
javapro
Driver

Thanks for confirming. I will contact Wind & Fire just to confirm that this is happening by design. My guess is that it is to protect the laser, lens, etc.
Wind & Fire customer service replied that the ghost light's internal circuitry turns the projector's light off to protect it from overheating.
Old 04-02-18, 04:31 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Wind & Fire customer service replied that the ghost light's internal circuitry turns the projector's light off to protect it from overheating.

i received the the same feedback from W&F today that the design turns them off “early”

Old 05-21-18, 01:22 PM
dchan865
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRX
Here's mine:

I got the lights from Amazon. Here's the link: Courtesy Ghost Shadow Lights
so cool, unfortunately its no longer avail at Amazon. Will worry about it when I get my new ride.
Old 02-17-19, 11:00 AM
CHuntMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foot well light led available?

I've searched and searched. Got led upgrades for doors and rear hatch on the way.

What about the itty bitty incandescent foot well lights?

CEH in MD
Old 02-17-19, 09:30 PM
javapro
Driver

Originally Posted by CHuntMD
I've searched and searched. Got led upgrades for doors and rear hatch on the way.

What about the itty bitty incandescent foot well lights?

CEH in MD
I thought they were LED already. Aren’t they blueish?
Old 02-18-19, 05:41 AM
CHuntMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe they are, I might have my terms wrong as in this specs PDF they might be talking about the ones on the door.
I'll take a closer look.

CEH in MD

https://www.pressroom.lexus.com/rele...tions.download

Snip from PDF link
Old 02-18-19, 03:10 PM
BensonTT
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Where can we get the BEST ghost LED lights? I have bought some from Amazon/ eBay buy they are not very bright. Any other places I should check out guys?
Old 02-18-19, 06:41 PM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Look at WISH.COM but don’t be in a rush for delivery. I got mine from wild fire.

get the in-door pop-in ones not the ones that bolt on.

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 02-18-19 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-19-19, 03:43 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,119 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by BensonTT
Where can we get the BEST ghost LED lights? I have bought some from Amazon/ eBay buy they are not very bright. Any other places I should check out guys?
The first pair I bought on Amazon were not bright and were 3 watts. I ordered another pair that are 5 watts and they are plenty bright.

Quick Reply: Side Door courtesy shadow ghost LED upgrade