RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-22, 12:46 PM
Quantum501
Advanced

Received 457 Likes on 250 Posts

I don't know the particulars of your vehicle, but a search of one of the parts links will yield a part number.

Here is one site
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/page_p...s=door%20sills
Old 09-02-22, 02:28 PM
bamalam
Advanced

Received 411 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoJango
would anyone know the part number for the non illuminated door sills?
The non-illuminated door sills my 2020 RX350 have the following part numbers. These are black (from a birch interior.)

Right hand: 67910-0E040
Left hand: 67920-0E040

Old 09-02-22, 05:00 PM
golferjack
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
so what dash cams are you guys using and recommend??
I have a FitMax camera, which is super easy to install, because it uses a wiring harness already in the dome light wiring. It took about 15 min to install and looks built-in. You cannot see the camera. They also now make a rear camera too Best camera in my opinion..

https://smile.amazon.com/2016-2022-F...s%2C118&sr=8-3
Old 09-04-22, 12:45 AM
DiscoJango
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Excellent, thanks everyone. i have a 2016 rx350 f sport in black

i did find them on amayama, however when you click on the front door sill, there are about 5 different versions, im assuming these are to do with colour, however the website doesnt specifically state what the differences are, which makes it difficult to order

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/...m-moulding-219

Also a bit surprised a simple piece of plastic is USD$105...
Old 09-04-22, 08:25 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by golferjack
I have a FitMax camera, which is super easy to install, because it uses a wiring harness already in the dome light wiring. It took about 15 min to install and looks built-in. You cannot see the camera. They also now make a rear camera too Best camera in my opinion..

https://smile.amazon.com/2016-2022-F...s%2C118&sr=8-3
Does this delete as it goes or do we have to go in and delete? Do you just turn it on all the time or what? I like it, I just dont know how they work..Thanks
Old 09-04-22, 01:18 PM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
Does this delete as it goes or do we have to go in and delete? Do you just turn it on all the time or what? I like it, I just dont know how they work..Thanks
Delete what? Please explain
Old 09-05-22, 06:08 AM
Chiefsfan
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by golferjack
Delete what? Please explain
I mean does it delete old video after a rime or do you have to delete it yourself? ? Is this cam running all the time?
Old 09-05-22, 12:57 PM
golferjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chiefsfan
I mean does it delete old video after a rime or do you have to delete it yourself? ? Is this cam running all the time?
The user specifies how long the videos are, for example 1 min, 2 min or whatever. The system then automatically writes over the oldest file when it runs out of space. I have mine set at 1 minute time so that I do not loose much if there should be a malfunction. I have never calculated how minutes are on the disk, but it can handle enough time interval to cover most situations that I can think of. Of course the amount of time it will record is based on the size of the disk. It continuously is recording when the car is on and will record when the car is off if the system detects some kind of nudge to the car..
Old 02-13-23, 08:19 PM
maraynman
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

would you post the link for the illuminated door sills? Thank you for the update.
Old 02-15-23, 04:27 PM
Quantum501
Advanced

Originally Posted by maraynman
would you post the link for the illuminated door sills? Thank you for the update.
I got them in August 2020 for $70 for the pair. BUT the place that I got them from was horrible. OEM Vehicle Parts....avoid at all costs. They sent the wrong color and when I tried to contact them they never answered phone or email. I contacted my credit card and cancelled the purchase and THEN the guy emailed me. I explained wrong color and he said that I must have filled in the form incorrectly. I had printed the order form just in case and I had the correct part, but he still insisted that I had made a mistake. I explained that credit card would not pay him and that I would throw out the parts.....then he sent new part with paid return. The guy was a ****.

Unfortunately I understand now that the parts are much more expensive. Hope that you can find them cheap b/c they list for a few hundred $ I think. There is a thread somewhere so do a search and you will see where others got theirs.
Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
maraynman (02-15-23)
Old 03-15-23, 01:57 PM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,135 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by Quantum501
I got them in August 2020 for $70 for the pair. BUT the place that I got them from was horrible. OEM Vehicle Parts....avoid at all costs. They sent the wrong color and when I tried to contact them they never answered phone or email. I contacted my credit card and cancelled the purchase and THEN the guy emailed me. I explained wrong color and he said that I must have filled in the form incorrectly. I had printed the order form just in case and I had the correct part, but he still insisted that I had made a mistake. I explained that credit card would not pay him and that I would throw out the parts.....then he sent new part with paid return. The guy was a ****.

Unfortunately I understand now that the parts are much more expensive. Hope that you can find them cheap b/c they list for a few hundred $ I think. There is a thread somewhere so do a search and you will see where others got theirs.
Good luck.
What was the installation like? Was it just a plug and play. Do those sills that come originally with it pop out etc?
Old 03-15-23, 02:31 PM
Quantum501
Advanced

Originally Posted by Freds430
What was the installation like? Was it just a plug and play. Do those sills that come originally with it pop out etc?
Super easy. Yes Plug and Play. Pull the old sills up and they just pop off.
Under you will see the connector. Plug in and replace.

I think that it took about 3 minutes total.
The following 2 users liked this post by Quantum501:
Freds430 (03-16-23), lexicam739 (07-12-24)
Old 06-20-23, 10:32 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ejisfun
I installed a Viofo A129 Pro Duo last week and it wasn't too hard to install. Like others I tapped into the hazard fuse and the power outlet fuse. There's really only two difficult things with the installation: 1. Accessing the fuse box (which is in maybe the most awkward location possible) and 2. Getting the rear camera cord through the rubber hoses to get to the back door. I went through the rightmost hose shown in the picture which seemed to have the most room in it.

If anyone has any questions on the install let me know!

Fuse taps going into hazard lights (for always on power) and power outlet no. 1 (for ACC power)

Camera on front windshield

Camera on back window
Can you share with us how is the camera quality of it? Is it able to read license plate clearly night and date? How is the unit holding up?

I plan to get one like this. Thanks!
Old 06-20-23, 11:33 AM
Quantum501
Advanced

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Can you share with us how is the camera quality of it? Is it able to read license plate clearly night and date? How is the unit holding up?

I plan to get one like this. Thanks!
Overall I like the unit, HOWEVER, the one time that I needed it to show the cops/insurance the video of the crazy guy, the clip was not saved....the 22 minutes leading up to the collision were not there. Never figured out why it was not saved.

I did a firmware update and so far it has been working well. The clarity is very good and I like having front and rear cameras, as well as parking coverage. The many reviews on YouTube are accurate for the quality of the cameras and clarity.

I believe that they have models with updated hardware since I get occasional emails but I have not looked on the site to confirm what new models are available.
The following users liked this post:
GS4_Fiend (06-20-23)
Old 06-20-23, 12:28 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Quantum501
Overall I like the unit, HOWEVER, the one time that I needed it to show the cops/insurance the video of the crazy guy, the clip was not saved....the 22 minutes leading up to the collision were not there. Never figured out why it was not saved.

I did a firmware update and so far it has been working well. The clarity is very good and I like having front and rear cameras, as well as parking coverage. The many reviews on YouTube are accurate for the quality of the cameras and clarity.

I believe that they have models with updated hardware since I get occasional emails but I have not looked on the site to confirm what new models are available.
So you don't have anymore problems with it not recording any longer?

What type of microSD did you used? I heard it works better on Sandisk brand.

I believe the newer model is the A229.

Such a great deal
A129 Duo Plus A129 Duo Plus

Last edited by GS4_Fiend; 07-01-23 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam