RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-16, 01:26 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Does anyone know if there are two colors of lit door sills like before, white for 350 and blue for 450?
Old 01-19-16, 02:43 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
so how do we do the door sills? I don't have illuminated door sills to begin with.

is it just plug and play?
OP has posted DIY of the illuminated door sills and where to buy them
Old 01-19-16, 02:56 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
OP has posted DIY of the illuminated door sills and where to buy them
WOOPS!
totally passed over it!

Thanks!
Old 02-04-16, 09:32 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SoKali-GS
Installed these bad boys today, overall I'm extremely satisfied with the results. Let me know if you guys have any questions, want more pictures, or a DIY!

Really small dash cam, super discreet and excellent video quality, 1080p

I was told by my dealer that illuminated door sill can not be added at the port (fsport). I'm curious how you were able to make these work. Was it a plug and play or did you have to splice wires?
Old 02-04-16, 09:57 AM
katlon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
I was told by my dealer that illuminated door sill can not be added at the port (fsport). I'm curious how you were able to make these work. Was it a plug and play or did you have to splice wires?
I have a 2016 RX350 f sport for which I swapped out the non illuminated door sills for the illuminated ones. The ports were laying in the groove under the sills. Took about 15 minutes to do both. Could have been quicker but I wanted to make sure I did not break anything.
The following users liked this post:
Endopax (06-30-23)
Old 02-04-16, 10:18 AM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
There's a white connector sitting under the sills. Simple plug and play.
The following users liked this post:
Endopax (06-30-23)
Old 02-04-16, 10:42 AM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks, SoKali-GS! Inspired by your post, I ordered the illuminated door sills. Since there is no wire splicing involved, the install should be cake. I will post pics of the install.
Old 02-05-16, 05:21 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post5645060

Here are the photos from my install on my wife's 2010. Sounds like it is the same process.
Old 02-11-16, 02:17 PM
Judged678
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by katlon
I have a 2016 RX350 f sport for which I swapped out the non illuminated door sills for the illuminated ones. The ports were laying in the groove under the sills. Took about 15 minutes to do both. Could have been quicker but I wanted to make sure I did not break anything.
Hey Guys, just ordered these illuminated door sills as well. The instructions say to disconnect the battery. Did you need to do that or simply pop out, plug in and pop in?

Thanks
Old 02-11-16, 02:22 PM
katlon
Driver School Candidate

I did not remove the battery cable and had no problem at all but you will have to make that decision on your own.
Old 02-11-16, 03:05 PM
Judged678
Driver School Candidate

Yeah...thanks. Just don't want to mess up any circuits.
But then again, don't want to go through the hassel of retiring all the options if the battery is disconnected for a time.

Anyone else install these?...any advice?

Thanks
Old 02-11-16, 03:30 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

what exactly are you recording with your dash cam ? I don't see the point ...Unless your in Russia ! lol
Old 02-11-16, 06:41 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LordBowral
what exactly are you recording with your dash cam ? I don't see the point ...Unless your in Russia ! lol
Plenty of people in America use dash cams. It works to your advantage when an accident happends. Very useful for when your car gets vandalized while your away from car. My fathers car was vandalized and even though it was not his fault he still had to pay $500 deductible. So he installed one and one day his car got vandalized again. As soon as insurance company heard we have a dash cam they waved the deductible. So the dash cam in essence paid for itself. I have dash cams installed in all my cars. And i know three other people who has dashcams.
Old 02-12-16, 10:37 AM
skarface
Rookie

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Plenty of people in America use dash cams. It works to your advantage when an accident happends. Very useful for when your car gets vandalized while your away from car. My fathers car was vandalized and even though it was not his fault he still had to pay $500 deductible. So he installed one and one day his car got vandalized again. As soon as insurance company heard we have a dash cam they waved the deductible. So the dash cam in essence paid for itself. I have dash cams installed in all my cars. And i know three other people who has dashcams.
How does the dashcam help if you are parked and the car is vandalized? Does it automatically turn on if there is an impact even if the car is off? If so, can you post the model that you have, if you recommend it. Thanks.
Old 02-12-16, 02:00 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by skarface
How does the dashcam help if you are parked and the car is vandalized? Does it automatically turn on if there is an impact even if the car is off? If so, can you post the model that you have, if you recommend it. Thanks.
The model I use is called BlackSys CH100B 2CH Dash Camera. It is a 2 Channel system meaning it has two cameras. One for the front to record video of the road ahead and one that you can put on rear glass and facing the road behind you. I configured mine facing the rear from the front window to show interior of my car and all rear windows. It records both video feeds constantly when the vehicle is on and in motion and when parked record only when video detect motion or vibration shock. Right now you can buy this model dashcam for cheap on a website called www.Massdrop.com. its a group buy website that offers cheap electronics the more people buy the cheaper it will get. Hurry cuz the webcam only offered for another 2 days at massdrop.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam