RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-18, 07:13 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi kess,
It is a paid option that can be added to any package. But you can buy the OEM cheap from eBay and install it yourself. I don't have these on my 2017 RX Executive model right now and I am going to do it myself.
Old 01-26-18, 03:10 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

$120

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-OEM-F...VXFkeQ&vxp=mtr
Old 01-26-18, 11:09 PM
kss
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info. If someone installs the illuminated door sill themselves and they are genuine Lexus parts, if there is an issue, any chance they will void the warranty? Reason i'm asking is that in my last RX350, i had a radar detector and laser jammer hard wired. About two years later i had problems with the sound system (DVD, Satellite, radio stations and iPod, would suddenly switch on their own and cycle between AM/FM/DVD, depending on what was being used). this usually occurred when we hit a bump - though not always. When i took it to Lexus, they said their diagnostic shows that there was work done on the car, so they couldn't fix anything even if they figured out what the cause was. In my mind it didn't make any sense that two years later an issue would come up with the sound system, because of the hard wiring of the radar detector. It also pissed me off, because it made having an extended warranty useless. THat's why as appealing and simple the mirror tap for a radar looks, i've decided to just use the lighter plug.

I don't want to be in the same situation again, if i install the door sill on my own and later have other electronic issues.
Old 01-26-18, 11:12 PM
kss
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jagnut
Today I had the Lexus dash cam installed by the dealer and also installed the puddled door lights and the illuminated sils.

cheers.
how much did they charge?
Old 01-27-18, 06:02 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The door sills are pre-wired so it is plug and play. It should not be a warranty issue. Lexus sells both Ghost Lights and illuminated door sills.
Old 01-27-18, 08:29 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by kss
thanks for the info. If someone installs the illuminated door sill themselves and they are genuine Lexus parts, if there is an issue, any chance they will void the warranty? Reason i'm asking is that in my last RX350, i had a radar detector and laser jammer hard wired. About two years later i had problems with the sound system (DVD, Satellite, radio stations and iPod, would suddenly switch on their own and cycle between AM/FM/DVD, depending on what was being used). this usually occurred when we hit a bump - though not always. When i took it to Lexus, they said their diagnostic shows that there was work done on the car, so they couldn't fix anything even if they figured out what the cause was. In my mind it didn't make any sense that two years later an issue would come up with the sound system, because of the hard wiring of the radar detector. It also pissed me off, because it made having an extended warranty useless. THat's why as appealing and simple the mirror tap for a radar looks, i've decided to just use the lighter plug.

I don't want to be in the same situation again, if i install the door sill on my own and later have other electronic issues.
All you are doing is connecting an LED to the existing wire. At worst, all you can do is short the cable and blow the fuse.

In in your previous car, hitting a bump and causing issue sounds like a loose connection or a cable loose in the connector.
Old 01-28-18, 05:36 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

so what dash cams are you guys using and recommend??
Old 01-28-18, 11:08 AM
Milkshaker
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
so what dash cams are you guys using and recommend??

blackvue 750 2 camera system
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...lp-needed.html
Old 02-01-18, 07:05 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

the door sills is like a 5min job to r&r. if you have any doubts voiding warranty when going to the dealer, just take them out and put the orig back in. i highly doubt these would cause any warranty issue as they are OEM. but to be safe, you can just take them out.

Originally Posted by kss

Old 02-01-18, 07:05 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

They came out with a cool dash cam

https://owlcam.com/
Old 02-02-18, 06:49 PM
Googs
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
They came out with a cool dash cam

https://owlcam.com/
$300 - No thanks!
Old 03-07-18, 08:59 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk
Thanks for posting the info. Got a white light set for $135 shipped from a Lexus dealership. Installation took less than 2 minutes for both side. Looks great at night.
Where did you get them for $135?
Old 03-07-18, 06:17 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Originally Posted by javapro
Where did you get them for $135?
sorry, it appears that the price was raised from $120 --> $244

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331835600067?rmvSB=true
Old 03-07-18, 06:20 PM
DaytonaV
Rookie

Originally Posted by javapro
What's the part number for 2018 RX 450h door ghost lights? Where to get the OEM version? I don't see these listed on Lexus's official accessories site at all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RX450....c100005.m1851
Old 03-08-18, 03:17 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was asking about the door puddle lights that project the Lexus logo onto the floor.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sills and Dash Cam