RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Do you have an alarm system in your rx?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-16, 03:03 PM
Unquiename
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have an alarm system in your rx?

I don't have my car yet but when I do I don't know if I should install one or not
Old 01-30-16, 04:25 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

A basic one with ignition kill comes standard.
Are you looking for one with more options?
Old 01-30-16, 04:37 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

The RX and all Lexus come with a pretty good system in my opinion but then my RX lives in the garage at night and is just outside my office door during the day. The idea of it being stolen does not really occur to me. I guess it depends on where you live and the risks.

In my situation, the Enform Sytem is as much as I need and will be adding anything.
Old 01-30-16, 09:28 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

just get one of those crow bars that lock the wheel.

and don't get an RX if you're in THAT bad of an area.

You're most likely asking to get robbed/mugged/ car broken into.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-30-16, 11:35 AM
Unquiename
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
just get one of those crow bars that lock the wheel.

and don't get an RX if you're in THAT bad of an area.

You're most likely asking to get robbed/mugged/ car broken into.

Just my 2 cents!
Now you scared me I'm ganna fear for my life
Old 01-30-16, 01:36 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Unquiename
I don't have my car yet but when I do I don't know if I should install one or not
Most features of old school alarms are handled by the Enform suite:+ Keyless Entry system
Remote Start, location, keyless entry, engine immboilzer.

However if you still need an extra layer of protection:
1) Kill switch for the car (where a secondary physical key is needed to start the car)
2) Remote Starter that works without the enform suite (due to the subscription requirement which some need or some dont need).
Old 01-30-16, 02:52 PM
Unquiename
Driver School Candidate

Do you think it's a good idea to install a two way paging alarm or is it standard on rx350?
Old 01-30-16, 04:19 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Now you scared me I'm ganna fear for my life
hahah. BE SAFE MAN. WE gotta look out for each other.
Old 01-30-16, 04:26 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Do you think it's a good idea to install a two way paging alarm or is it standard on rx350?
You can download an app on your smart phone called Lexus Enform Remote and the car's data plan , complimentary for 1 year, will send a signal to your phone if any windows/doors are opened or if your doors are unlocked. So, no need to install a pager at least for the first year.
Old 02-01-16, 05:17 AM
jduong29
Driver School Candidate

My question is that do you really want a Auto Alarm Shop to install and mess your wiring system in your brand new 2016 Lexus RX? Last time I had a remote start system install in my Lexus GX it messes up my entire system. I had to pay for it to have it remove after it was install. It was such a hassle! Lexus comes with a remote start sensor. I don't ever think about how people can drive your car off the lot without the key fob remote. Its uncommon that Lexus get stolen. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-01-16, 05:40 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jduong29
My question is that do you really want a Auto Alarm Shop to install and mess your wiring system in your brand new 2016 Lexus RX? Last time I had a remote start system install in my Lexus GX it messes up my entire system. I had to pay for it to have it remove after it was install. It was such a hassle! Lexus comes with a remote start sensor. I don't ever think about how people can drive your car off the lot without the key fob remote. Its uncommon that Lexus get stolen. Just my 2 cents.
I agree 100%. Hard to beat what Lexus as already provided.
Old 02-01-16, 01:32 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by jduong29
If the alarm shop is like a backyard shop or a bunch of geek squad peeps trying to install a alarm on a 50K car yea I would not expect quality. However a reputable shop, who frequently deal with high end installs can get the job done.

But again, if you want simple go enform. Its cheaper if you own the car for the warranty or lease.
Old 02-01-16, 04:07 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Vehicle theft-deterrent and engine-immobilizer system are standard on the RX. And there is a panic button on the fob to activate the alarm. So it does technically have an alarm system. Enform is helpful if the vehicle is stolen. There's a story in here somewhere about a car that was recovered using it. LoJack Early Warning is another option. You receive a call on up to five numbers IIRC within minutes if the vehicle is moved without the special fob. I have it on my current RX. But I'm probably not getting in installed on the '16 RX. Instead I'll put the money towards a few years of Enform subscription.

I can't find the glass breakage sensor listed under accessories. It's in my current RX. Goes without saying the smart thing to do is eliminate all visual temptations. And always lock the RX. With Enform that'll be easy to do, remotely.