RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16 | 12:12 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NRX
Agreed! I actually thought there might be big discounts to get the 4RX's out on the road. Considering the polarizing design and all ...
Lexus is not having any trouble getting the 4RX units out on the road. Inventory has been very tight and only now can you find a good selection on the lots.
Old 02-17-16 | 12:16 PM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Lexus is not having any trouble getting the 4RX units out on the road. Inventory has been very tight and only now can you find a good selection on the lots.
Perhaps so ... but my view point was that the styling is too radical for the older crowd while the price ($50K+) is too steep for the younger crowd. Hence the assumption. But I guess they're doing it the other way around ... maintaining exclusivity via production control.
Old 02-17-16 | 12:26 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NRX
Perhaps so ... but my view point was that the styling is too radical for the older crowd while the price ($50K+) is too steep for the younger crowd. Hence the assumption. But I guess they're doing it the other way around ... maintaining exclusivity via production control.
I think you will be surprised at the range of age groups that like the 4RX. Just because you got a few years on you does not mean you do not like something to look good. I can see a younger person shying away from a load Luxury LX but there are models to cost much less.

I got in a NX and was struck with a wave of claustrophobia. The motor also seems to work too hard for typical driving. Just my opinion but I am betting that the 4RX will be a great success for Lexus and so will the NX.
Old 02-17-16 | 12:41 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NRX
I live in a tier-2 hyper-growth city which makes the top 3 in every best cities list. So far I have seen exactly ONE 4RX on the road. I commute 30 miles to work every day so I find this really odd. Usually when a new model comes out I spot at least one a day. With the aggressive looking 4RX it would be hard to miss it. When I asked the sales person on my test drive he said that they are not able to keep up with the demand which contradicts my observation but supports Lexus's sales numbers (January)

Do you spot a lot of them where you live?
I'm assuming you live in either Austin or San Antonio area. Here in Houston I'm seeing quite a few 4RX's already out there. I see one or two almost every day.
There are four dealerships here and from what I hear they sell em about as fast as they get em.
I know my dealer can't keep the Luxury models for more than a day. I got a call from my salesman last Saturday wanting me to bring mine down to show a potential customer.
I see folks of all ages driving them around here. I'll be shocked if this model doesn't out sell the 3gen RX.
It is a bold new style but everyone I talk to loves it.
Old 02-17-16 | 12:55 PM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by RXOwner
I think you will be surprised at the range of age groups that like the 4RX. Just because you got a few years on you does not mean you do not like something to look good. I can see a younger person shying away from a load Luxury LX but there are models to cost much less.

I got in a NX and was struck with a wave of claustrophobia. The motor also seems to work too hard for typical driving. Just my opinion but I am betting that the 4RX will be a great success for Lexus and so will the NX.
Yeah I didn't feel that the NX was worth $35k+ either. Engine felt under-powered. Seating space is cramped. And I just couldn't get over the black plastic rear bumper. It looked more like a CR-V rather than a Lexus (no offense to any owners ... CR-V's are good cars ).
Old 02-17-16 | 01:01 PM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by sandy14
I'm assuming you live in either Austin or San Antonio area. Here in Houston I'm seeing quite a few 4RX's already out there. I see one or two almost every day.
There are four dealerships here and from what I hear they sell em about as fast as they get em.
I know my dealer can't keep the Luxury models for more than a day. I got a call from my salesman last Saturday wanting me to bring mine down to show a potential customer.
I see folks of all ages driving them around here. I'll be shocked if this model doesn't out sell the 3gen RX.
It is a bold new style but everyone I talk to loves it.
Really? I'd be furious if sales called me up with such crap. Lexus should be ashamed to have such a dealership under its wing. One buys a Lexus for its quality, reliability and world-class customer service. Clearly, the dealership didn't get the memo on the third one. Greedy bastards couldn't keep one or two around for a demo?
Old 02-17-16 | 01:30 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NRX
Really? I'd be furious if sales called me up with such crap. Lexus should be ashamed to have such a dealership under its wing. One buys a Lexus for its quality, reliability and world-class customer service. Clearly, the dealership didn't get the memo on the third one. Greedy bastards couldn't keep one or two around for a demo?
Now if they offered $500 for every sale they made then I might consider it.
Old 02-17-16 | 05:15 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NRX
Sorry, further explanation, we've become quite friendly with our salesman through 15 years and 6 Lexus. He does a lot of little extra things like getting us parts for cost and getting little dings and scratches removed.
We're only six miles from the dealership and I was happy to show off my new RX.
Old 02-17-16 | 08:23 PM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by sandy14
Sorry, further explanation, we've become quite friendly with our salesman through 15 years and 6 Lexus. He does a lot of little extra things like getting us parts for cost and getting little dings and scratches removed.
We're only six miles from the dealership and I was happy to show off my new RX.
Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!
Old 02-18-16 | 06:11 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

So far I have seen one 4G RX on the road, which is pretty shocking to me. I would have thought I would have seen a lot more by now.
Old 02-18-16 | 08:42 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT4
So far I have seen one 4G RX on the road, which is pretty shocking to me. I would have thought I would have seen a lot more by now.
Not seeing many around here either. When I believe from a side view that I have spotted one, it usually turns out to be a Murano.
Old 02-18-16 | 06:12 PM
CSamurai
Driver School Candidate

I'm in socal and have seen several on the road.
Old 02-18-16 | 06:55 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

There are 3 just in my small neighborhood...
Old 02-18-16 | 07:53 PM
NRX
Driver

Saw a white one today. My second sighting of these rare 4RX's in my city.
Old 02-18-16 | 08:51 PM
riwyle
Rookie

Saw two in the Costco parking lot this morning.

Quick Reply: Where are they?