RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Where are they?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 07:49 AM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are they?

I live in a tier-2 hyper-growth city which makes the top 3 in every best cities list. So far I have seen exactly ONE 4RX on the road. I commute 30 miles to work every day so I find this really odd. Usually when a new model comes out I spot at least one a day. With the aggressive looking 4RX it would be hard to miss it. When I asked the sales person on my test drive he said that they are not able to keep up with the demand which contradicts my observation but supports Lexus's sales numbers (January)

Do you spot a lot of them where you live?

Last edited by NRX; 02-17-16 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-17-16, 08:33 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Saw two yesterday and one the day before.

I have yet to see or recognize a NX.

Last edited by RXOwner; 02-17-16 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-17-16, 08:42 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

When i talked to my sales people in January, they said most of SoCal was short of RX's
Old 02-17-16, 08:46 AM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I've only seen a handful of 4Gens on the roads. I live in the suburbs (Pasadena) and there are so many 3Gen RXs on the road.

The NX has been out awhile now and selling like hotcakes, but only recently have i noticed them in any real numbers.
Old 02-17-16, 08:48 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

NX's are selling like hotcakes? When i purchased my RX in late November, they initially wanted to sell me a NX below invoice...
Old 02-17-16, 08:48 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,619 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I see at least one pretty much every day now. It always starts with "that NX looks a little different" and then I'm going "duh, it's a new RX"...
Old 02-17-16, 08:51 AM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
I see at least one pretty much every day now. It always starts with "that NX looks a little different" and then I'm going "duh, it's a new RX"...
I have that same issue with Honda Pilot. They look like a super-sized version of CR-V.
Old 02-17-16, 08:54 AM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by roblim
I've only seen a handful of 4Gens on the roads. I live in the suburbs (Pasadena) and there are so many 3Gen RXs on the road.

The NX has been out awhile now and selling like hotcakes, but only recently have i noticed them in any real numbers.
Yup! Same here. While I don't expect 4RX's numbers to match 3RX's anytime soon I am still a little dissapointed to not see one a day. I am shopping for one and don't want to get stuck with the lowest selling RX (assuming Lexus will be forced to make some changes like Acura did with the beak a few years ago).
Old 02-17-16, 10:25 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen quite a few 4RX already, living in Socal. My own record is seeing three 4RX in the same city within one hour the other day, all of which were non-f sport though. Two were white and the other one was gray.
Old 02-17-16, 10:55 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,619 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
NX's are selling like hotcakes? When i purchased my RX in late November, they initially wanted to sell me a NX below invoice...
Yes, they're selling very well. Last I read they were looking to add production capacity to keep up with demand. In November, you can strike some amazing deals as they look to close out the 2015 inventory.

Originally Posted by NRX
Yup! Same here. While I don't expect 4RX's numbers to match 3RX's anytime soon I am still a little dissapointed to not see one a day. I am shopping for one and don't want to get stuck with the lowest selling RX (assuming Lexus will be forced to make some changes like Acura did with the beak a few years ago).
No bonus points for exclusivity? When I bought my 3IS, it was one of the first ones in the area. I would go weeks without seeing another one and I always liked that. Somewhat similar with my GS. There just aren't many around, and I enjoy that.
Old 02-17-16, 11:03 AM
jackgong
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a white one a couple of times on the same road so probably the same car. I have also seen a red one on a tow truck parked in the emergency lane, maybe involved in an accident or something
Old 02-17-16, 11:43 AM
MolayMahem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have only seen 1 RX350, it was white. No 4's
Salesman still says no big discounts. So I still say keep driving what I have, no rush
Old 02-17-16, 11:48 AM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by MolayMahem
Have only seen 1 RX350, it was white. No 4's
Salesman still says no big discounts. So I still say keep driving what I have, no rush
Agreed! I actually thought there might be big discounts to get the 4RX's out on the road. Considering the polarizing design and all ...
Old 02-17-16, 11:49 AM
NRX
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
Yes, they're selling very well. Last I read they were looking to add production capacity to keep up with demand. In November, you can strike some amazing deals as they look to close out the 2015 inventory.

No bonus points for exclusivity? When I bought my 3IS, it was one of the first ones in the area. I would go weeks without seeing another one and I always liked that. Somewhat similar with my GS. There just aren't many around, and I enjoy that.
You're correct ... I need to change my train of thought.
Old 02-17-16, 11:53 AM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
All small cross-overs are selling well. That is the hottest segment right now. When I picked up my RX, there were 3 NXs in the delivery area waiting for their new owners. I would not be surprised if the NX cannibalizes sales from the RX. The price difference is pretty substantial and a lot of people who would not be your typical NX owners (read - older) are buying it because it's a Lexus SUV and it's less expensive.

Quick Reply: Where are they?