RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX with 22" wheels (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-19, 11:36 AM
lig
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I can’t get over how tiny the rotors look with the 22”+ wheels.

Lowered on 22s with big brakes would be sweet.
Old 12-30-19, 10:07 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

22” Vossen HF-3 in satin black
285/35/22 -10 front / -17 rear
(Aimgain)

The following 7 users liked this post by Grizsk:
bsmove1 (12-31-19), Darith (01-01-20), LexNYC83 (03-14-20), mcenteep (10-07-23), natedahms (12-16-23), Richstang (01-30-20), spiritdock (03-29-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-31-19, 08:38 AM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Grizsk
22” Vossen HF-3 in satin black
285/35/22 -10 front / -17 rear
(Aimgain)

Looks awesome man!
Weren't you lowered more?
And did you have to cut out your oem fenders for the widebody? or did you just attach them over your stock fenders?
Old 12-31-19, 12:09 PM
Grizsk
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NFaridi
Looks awesome man!
Weren't you lowered more?
And did you have to cut out your oem fenders for the widebody? or did you just attach them over your stock fenders?
I was on RSR Down for a 1.5”-ish drop but once the new wheels went on we had some serious contact issues so unfortunately had to go back up to stock ride height until we can figure out an air setup.

The night photos above were literally just as we wheeled it out of the shop. I had the RSRs on for a couple of months and since we had just swapped the stock springs back on, the stock springs hadn’t settled yet when those photos were taken. The driveway photo is an accurate representation of stock ride height with the Aimgain kit once everything is all settled in.

No cutting is required, just remove the plastic trim and the wide fenders attach directly to the factory trim mounting points and even use the existing push pins. Lip and skirts are affixed with screws, spoiler with 3M. Diffuser also uses factory mounting points, supplemented with a few extra screws to keep it properly aligned.

The following 3 users liked this post by Grizsk:
Darith (01-01-20), mcenteep (06-17-20), NFaridi (12-31-19)
Old 12-31-19, 12:13 PM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

I was on RSR Down for a 1.5”-ish drop but once the new wheels went on we had some serious contact issues so unfortunately had to go back up to stock ride height until we can figure out an air setup.

The night photos above were literally just as we wheeled it out of the shop. I had the RSRs on for a couple of months and since we had just swapped the stock springs back on, the stock springs hadn’t settled yet when those photos were taken. The driveway photo is an accurate representation of stock ride height with the Aimgain kit once everything is all settled in.

No cutting is required, just remove the plastic trim and the wide fenders attach directly to the factory trim mounting points and even use the existing push pins. Lip and skirts are affixed with screws, spoiler with 3M. Diffuser also uses factory mounting points, supplemented with a few extra screws to keep it properly aligned.

Thanks for sharing! Love following your build so far. Great inspiration for what to do with mine lol.
Old 12-31-19, 06:00 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

Anyone that's looking to purchase 22" Vossens on their RX, let us know.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
mcenteep (08-23-20)
Old 01-02-20, 10:23 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

The body kit and rims look amazing. I also have a black RX F Sport.

Did you do any engine upgrades to match the aggressive looks?
Old 02-12-20, 12:06 PM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

To those running 265/40/22 tires, how is the ride quality when driving around? I'm getting pushed towards that size due to availability/pricing but I'm a little hesitant as I think the ride quality will suffer and be quite bad. I've come from a background of lowered sports cars with thin rubber, but this RX is supposed to be NOT that lol. I do 120miles every day with a baby in the back. Want to make sure 265/40/22 isn't too harsh of a ride. Most likely going to end up going with Continental Extreme Contact DWS-06 tires.

I initially wanted to do 21" wheels with a 265/45/21 tire but the 21" tire choices are slim and expensive!
Old 02-12-20, 12:12 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

To those running 265/40/22 tires, how is the ride quality when driving around? I'm getting pushed towards that size due to availability/pricing but I'm a little hesitant as I think the ride quality will suffer and be quite bad. I've come from a background of lowered sports cars with thin rubber, but this RX is supposed to be NOT that lol. I do 120miles every day with a baby in the back. Want to make sure 265/40/22 isn't too harsh of a ride. Most likely going to end up going with Continental Extreme Contact DWS-06 tires.

I initially wanted to do 21" wheels with a 265/45/21 tire but the 21" tire choices are slim and expensive!
I don't know what the roads are like where you live but here in SoCal, I haven't had any issues or negative feedback from passengers. For what it's worth, shortly after buying and building my RX, my wife took it away from me. It's now her primary vehicle. She took it over after my son was born. He's 16 months now. Again, no issues.
NFaridi (02-12-20)
Old 02-12-20, 12:24 PM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by elimmigran
I don't know what the roads are like where you live but here in SoCal, I haven't had any issues or negative feedback from passengers. For what it's worth, shortly after buying and building my RX, my wife took it away from me. It's now her primary vehicle. She took it over after my son was born. He's 16 months now. Again, no issues.
I was hoping you'd give your input as it's pretty much similar to what i'd go with. I'm in Long Island, NY where the roads are sometimes smooth and sometimes like craters. How is the ride compared to your stock Fsport wheels - comfort wise? would you be able to comment on that? I personally love the way my Fsport rides right now on stock wheels/tires, but i hate the look, hence the desire to upgrade lol.

Also, your ride is a beauty! Please do share more pics of it! I'm curious as to how much of a stretch your tires are doing on the 22x10.5". I want more of a beefier, less stretched look, so the guys at vossen have recommended me 22x9.5" with a lower offset.
Old 02-12-20, 12:31 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I was hoping you'd give your input as it's pretty much similar to what i'd go with. I'm in Long Island, NY where the roads are sometimes smooth and sometimes like craters. How is the ride compared to your stock Fsport wheels - comfort wise? would you be able to comment on that? I personally love the way my Fsport rides right now on stock wheels/tires, but i hate the look, hence the desire to upgrade lol.

Also, your ride is a beauty! Please do share more pics of it! I'm curious as to how much of a stretch your tires are doing on the 22x10.5". I want more of a beefier, less stretched look, so the guys at vossen have recommended me 22x9.5" with a lower offset.
No complaints. I only have ~10k miles on it and it's close to being 3 years old but no complaints and I have to admit that my wife is picky. I've had over 20 different rides over the past 20 years we've been married so she knows a bad ride from a good ride and never have I heard a negative comment from her. The Conti's are surprisingly quiet too.

With the RS springs, though, it's an entirely different story. The ride was rough...extremely rough. So rough she didn't want to drive until I swapped the stock springs back in...I felt the same way.

I went with 10.5 because I wanted to maximize the concave look. No regrets with the 10.5 other than the obvious- it's harder on the steering components but I'm not concerned about that because it handles like it's on rails and gives my wife that much more confidence in driving it.

Hope this helps. There are a ton more pics here if you do a search for my posts.

Last edited by elimmigran; 02-23-20 at 02:55 PM.
NFaridi (02-12-20)
Old 02-12-20, 12:48 PM
NFaridi
Pit Crew

Awesome thank you so much for sharing!
Old 02-20-20, 08:49 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BensonTT
Hey guys I just picked up this wheel for my FSport. What do you guys think?

​​​​​​​Do you have any after install pics you can share? I’m curious as to what they look like on the RX. I have seen them on the Range Rover’s and they look nice! My VFS2’s in gloss black arrived. Can’t wait to get them put on.

Old 02-24-20, 04:20 PM
Aldo211
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RX 350 on 22”

Originally Posted by cbind56
Does anyone have any pictures of the 2016 RX 350 with 22" wheels?

I am looking to go 21" in the front and 22" in the rear and would like to see the stance if anyone else has done this yet?

Old 02-24-20, 04:34 PM
Aldo211
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RX on 22zzz

275/45 r22
1” spacer in rear to clear strut
10.5” all the way around
don’t know offset as I bought on the street

Pokes a bit

Quick Reply: 4RX with 22" wheels (merged threads)