RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Build Start Date and Changes

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-16 | 09:48 AM
JosersRX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jamienpld
Great news! The 2017 Lexus RX, GX and LX have all started production this month and should arrive at dealerships in September. Only updates include the addition of Atomic Silver (gorgeous!) and Safety System+ being a standard/base model feature.
Wished they would had offered Atomic Silver and even exclusive Ultrasonic Blue F Sport color on the 2016 RX models... I would had made my choice to go with the Silver Lining that much tougher!

Last edited by kitlz; 08-11-16 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-11-16 | 02:41 PM
sderman
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwrichter
That's good to know, I am making contact with dealers now that will offer the Costco discount, 1k under dealer invoice.
Are there dealers right now who will honor Costco pricing? I ask because I just went onto the Costco Auto site and after inputting 2017, the site did not offer Lexus as a model choice (most of the other makes were there). So I phoned Costco Auto and was told that they cannot provide a Lexus dealer offering Costco pricing until the new 2017s have been out a month or so. I also asked if when that happens can we get Costco pricing on a fresh build. The rep said yes but when I looked into Costco Auto pricing way back after the 2016 were introduced I only got Lexus dealer responses trying to move inventory and not offering to special order. So, I would appreciate some clarification regarding this. Also, I would appreciate the name of any dealers in NJ who have offered Costco pricing on the 2016 RX in the past. I am interesting in contacting them to see where they are today in pricing a fresh build. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-16 | 04:23 PM
jwrichter
Driver

Default /

Originally Posted by sderman
Are there dealers right now who will honor Costco pricing? I ask because I just went onto the Costco Auto site and after inputting 2017, the site did not offer Lexus as a model choice (most of the other makes were there). So I phoned Costco Auto and was told that they cannot provide a Lexus dealer offering Costco pricing until the new 2017s have been out a month or so. I also asked if when that happens can we get Costco pricing on a fresh build. The rep said yes but when I looked into Costco Auto pricing way back after the 2016 were introduced I only got Lexus dealer responses trying to move inventory and not offering to special order. So, I would appreciate some clarification regarding this. Also, I would appreciate the name of any dealers in NJ who have offered Costco pricing on the 2016 RX in the past. I am interesting in contacting them to see where they are today in pricing a fresh build. Thanks in advance.
Contact the ones that are selling the 2016, you do that on the web site. They can then contact you when they get the final pricing. They all do special order but obviously they are trying to push their inventory.....after you get costco price then go back to your other dealerships and tell them to beat it. That can be done online as well. Put in some different zip codes and contact a few on the costco lists..........they should all be close, within $500 of each other. Gotta put some effort into it.
Old 08-12-16 | 07:14 AM
sderman
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwrichter
Contact the ones that are selling the 2016, you do that on the web site. They can then contact you when they get the final pricing. They all do special order but obviously they are trying to push their inventory.....after you get costco price then go back to your other dealerships and tell them to beat it. That can be done online as well. Put in some different zip codes and contact a few on the costco lists..........they should all be close, within $500 of each other. Gotta put some effort into it.
Thanks, good idea!
Old 08-16-16 | 08:22 PM
Samstu
Driver School Candidate

If the 2017's are arriving at dealerships in September, wouldn't there be more official info out by now on the 2017 models?

Last edited by Samstu; 08-16-16 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-16-16 | 09:28 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Samstu
If the 2017's are arriving at dealerships in September, wouldn't there be more official info out by know on the 2017 models?
Usually yes. But I doubt dealerships who are in the process of clearing out there leftover 16s would want to release that info unless you inquired for a special order or such
Old 08-19-16 | 07:37 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Costco pricing was actually not as good a discount as you can get just negotiating. Supplies of cars with specific colors and options is tight. Also Lexus switched how they're equipping and sending cars.
Old 08-20-16 | 04:54 AM
jwrichter
Driver

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Costco pricing was actually not as good a discount as you can get just negotiating. Supplies of cars with specific colors and options is tight. Also Lexus switched how they're equipping and sending cars.
Are you referring to 2017 or the 2016's now on the lot? You can get a much better deal on the 2016's right now by negotiation. The 2017's, if you do not want to build a car, will be showing up soon at the dealerships that sell the greatest number. I am using a dealer near Miami that advertises that they are the number one for sales worldwide. They will get 25 cars in at once where others only get a few. If you want a new car in the next couple months then that's the way to go as this dealership will give Costco price of 1k off dealer invoice. That's somewhere close to 46k for a 51k msrp. If you want to wait the 4-5 months for a new build than the Costco price is where you should start the negotiations. Maybe you can save another 1K, I have a older RX350 I am going to sell and I would rather sell in this calendar year.
My 2 cents............
Old 08-20-16 | 06:47 AM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Usually yes. But I doubt dealerships who are in the process of clearing out there leftover 16s would want to release that info unless you inquired for a special order or such
The 2017 models are in production and will arrive at dealerships mid to late September. There are quite a few remaining 2016 models making it a great time to get the redesigned Lexus RX! The 2017 changes include the addition of Atomic Silver, Lexus Safety System+ being standard, Intuitive Parking Assist coming with Auto Braking (Auto Braking will also apply with Rear Cross Traffic Alert/Blind Spot Monitor), Scout GPS link app-based turn by turn navigation available on models with Display Audio (non-navigation models) and the RX450h no longer being built in FWD. There are a few other changes but those are the most notable.
Old 08-20-16 | 07:38 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

The 2017 models are in production and will arrive at dealerships mid to late September. There are quite a few remaining 2016 models making it a great time to get the redesigned Lexus RX! The 2017 changes include the addition of Atomic Silver, Lexus Safety System+ being standard, Intuitive Parking Assist coming with Auto Braking (Auto Braking will also apply with Rear Cross Traffic Alert/Blind Spot Monitor), Scout GPS link app-based turn by turn navigation available on models with Display Audio (non-navigation models) and the RX450h no longer being built in FWD. There are a few other changes but those are the most notable.
wow. A tad more explanation

https://northparklexusatdominion.wor...us-rx-updates/

the auto brake feature seems like a nice touch. I wish the 2016 could get an over the air update
Old 08-21-16 | 11:54 PM
FLYCT

I just looked at the reviews of the iPhone Scout GPS App that has been available on several Toyota models. The reviews were not very good.

I thought i read read somewhere that Lexus was going to integrate Apple carplay as most other manufactures are now doing. That would be nice but I can't find sny reference to it anywhere today.

Here's the the list I found http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Apple CarPlay is available from high end Bentleys to low end Kia's, but no Toyota or Lexus products. It's a shame.
Old 08-22-16 | 05:49 AM
Samstu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi

the auto brake feature seems like a nice touch. I wish the 2016 could get an over the air update
Great info!! Thank you both for the update!! I really do hope that this means that the intuitive park assist will now be available in "close to base" models. At lease in the NY area, I have only been able to find Intuitive park assist along with $5,000 of other options which I do not want..In cities with heavy parallel parking such as NYC, this is a must for many people.
Old 08-22-16 | 10:48 AM
jamienpld
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi

Thank you for linking to my blog!
Old 08-23-16 | 03:44 PM
skarface
Rookie

https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-l...1420690130290/

CARS.COM
  • Most significant changes: More safety features and a GPS link that allows using a smartphone through the audio system are standard. The RX 350 F Sport model is available with front-wheel drive.
  • Price change: Prices are $1,120 higher on the base RX 350 and $1,195 higher on the all-wheel-drive F Sport. Prices have been cut by $600 on the RX 450h and $400 on the RX 450h F Sport. The destination charge is $25 higher at $975.
  • On sale: September for RX 350 and November for RX 450h
  • Which should you buy, 2016 or 2017? 2017 because of additional standard safety features

Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-l...xGuIAki5KEH.99
Old 08-23-16 | 04:07 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FLYCT
I just looked at the reviews of the iPhone Scout GPS App that has been available on several Toyota models. The reviews were not very good.

I thought i read read somewhere that Lexus was going to integrate Apple carplay as most other manufactures are now doing. That would be nice but I can't find sny reference to it anywhere today.

Here's the the list I found http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Apple CarPlay is available from high end Bentleys to low end Kia's, but no Toyota or Lexus products. It's a shame.
Actually this is old news. Lexus didn't go with Apple Carplay but instead went with their own solution. This was announced a few months ago.

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Build Start Date and Changes