RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

How do you mount front license plate?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-18, 02:50 PM
Crna4ms
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should the dealership charge you to mount the license plate holder if it wasn’t already mounted when you purchased the car? I called mine and they wanted $62.50 to put it on.
Old 02-16-18, 05:21 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 112 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Crna4ms
Should the dealership charge you to mount the license plate holder if it wasn’t already mounted when you purchased the car? I called mine and they wanted $62.50 to put it on.
Tennessee is one of the few states that does not require a front license plate. Did they include the front mounting bracket with your RX? If so, it's easy to install, but one would think that the Lexus dealership would simply do it as a courtesy, if you purchased your RX new.
Old 02-17-18, 05:40 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Crna4ms
So you just gave them $50 thousand bucks or so and they want to charge you to mount the license plate?
Old 12-22-18, 02:21 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Front License Tag Bracket Removal

I would appreciate any advice forum members can provide. I am moving in a few months from a two license plate state, Virginia, to a one plate state, Arizona. What options are there for getting the front plate bracket removed or do I have to buy some type of non-DMV plate to put in the front once I move? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 12-22-18, 03:31 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by PCW
I would appreciate any advice forum members can provide. I am moving in a few months from a two license plate state, Virginia, to a one plate state, Arizona. What options are there for getting the front plate bracket removed or do I have to buy some type of non-DMV plate to put in the front once I move? Thanks in advance for any input.
it is probably just held on by two bolts(on the fsport it is anyway), and should be relatively easy to remove.
The following users liked this post:
PCW (12-22-18)
Old 12-22-18, 07:20 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,340 Posts

^^^^Then you'll need these:

https://www.bumperplugs.com

Lou
The following users liked this post:
PCW (12-22-18)
Old 01-17-19, 05:34 PM
PICURN06
Driver School Candidate

Default Rx350 front license plate suggestions

hi! This is my first post. I am a new owner of a used 2016 rx350. When I got it a couple days ago I noticed there is no front license plate since the car came from Arizona. I live in California where it is required to have a front plate and I’ve actually been ticketed twice for not having front plates on my previous Lexus. Does anyone have suggestions on what aftermarket part I need and how easy it might be to install.... or if this is better left to a professional?
Thanks so much!!
Old 01-17-19, 06:09 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,796 Posts

Originally Posted by PICURN06
hi! This is my first post. I am a new owner of a used 2016 rx350. When I got it a couple days ago I noticed there is no front license plate since the car came from Arizona. I live in California where it is required to have a front plate and I’ve actually been ticketed twice for not having front plates on my previous Lexus. Does anyone have suggestions on what aftermarket part I need and how easy it might be to install.... or if this is better left to a professional?
Thanks so much!!
I live in NJ where front plates are required as well. Both of our cars came from dealer with the front plate frame so why not have the dealer install it.
Old 01-17-19, 07:07 PM
PICURN06
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks!

@mikemu30 thanks for attaching the thread!
Old 01-20-19, 11:24 AM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 246 Likes on 195 Posts

Part #s for license plate holder: 52114-0E100 for non-F sport; 52114-0E111 for F sport.
Using pic in post #24, I highlighted the indentations for the screws, which appear to be #8. I made 1/8" pilot holes to avoid cracking the plastic. The indentations are between cross panes 4 & 5 from the bottom.

Old 04-09-19, 05:55 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

We have a 2017 RX and live in Illinois where front license plate is law unfortunately. We've being chancing it for a couple of months since our purchase and was finally pulled over but the cop was nice enough to let us off with a warning. Unfortunately when we purchased our RX it was from out of state where they don't require the front plate and we don't have the OEM license bracket and looked everywhere for it and of course dealer wants something like $70 for it which is unreal. So going through this entire forum thread here, it seems there are a couple of options 1. Stick with OEM license bracket and drill with the preset hole mount are at (according to photos from other members shared here) 2. Use the tow license plate hook bracket option or 3. Not mentioned here but saw on eBay there are under-mount license plate options too Anyone here used the latter 2 options and have any photos to share of what that mount option looks like in the RX?

We may just get an OEM LPB but would like to see what other options look like from actual owners that went the other way. Thanks!
Old 11-03-19, 11:45 AM
Ecolon914
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus RX F Sport 2020

Hello, I am the proud owner of a Lexus RX F sport , I was just wanting to know where you have all placed your license plates and if you have a specific license plate Frame that doesn’t effect the front grill .
thank you
Eddie Colón
Old 11-03-19, 12:52 PM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 495 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm from NY as you appear to be. The dealer installed my front plate, I guess in the factory location.
Old 11-03-19, 03:33 PM
unreallly
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Slybrackets.com
Old 03-14-21, 03:47 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

I realize this is an old thread and I agree with those that feel the front bracket detracts from the appearance of the RX. Alas, I live in a state that requires front plates and so I am trying to figure out how to mount the plate holder. I cannot see that my exact problem has been discussed so I wanted to throw it out here.

I have the new honeycomb style grill of the 2020/21 non-FSport model. The bracket fits nicely into the grill, but it will NOT align with the dimples that mark where the self tapping screws are supposed to go. Because of the shape of the honeycomb, the bracket needs to attach either a good inch to the left or an inch to the right of center, and in either case the holes are also off by at least 3/4 of an inch. The bracket just doesn’t center on the honeycomb grill. It drives me crazy that I have to install the bracket at all, but it will be even worse if it can’t be centered under the logo. Anyone have any guidance? For those of you with dealer installed brackets on a 2020 or 2021, is your bracket centered beneath the logo or is it slightly off-center. Or am I just a few degrees off center ...

Thanks!

Quick Reply: How do you mount front license plate?