RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Special Order Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-16 | 01:37 PM
Macs4RX
Driver

Originally Posted by Vincent05
If I were you, I would cancel the order and go somewhere else. I would never do business with anyone that lies or can't give you a straight answer. If they can lie that easily then imagine if your car has a problem that needs to be fix. Would you trust that same dealership?

You are spending over $60K and that is not how anyone should treat their customers. They should be the one that contact you to give you updates on your order, not vice versa.
I agree completely with Vincent - if it was me I would just cancel the order. I believe I would have a bitter taste in my mouth going forward conducting business with this dealer. One wants the buying process to be as smooth and stress-free as possible. And absolutely, the dealer should be providing you with updates in a timely fashion when that information becomes available.

With regard to ordering a vehicle, I don't think I'd ever do that again. Back in 2007, I ordered a GX470 with the KDSS (kinetic dynamic suspension system). After waiting the requisite 8-10 weeks, when the GX finally arrived at my local dealer it had the wrong interior color and I declined the car (my kids were small at the time and I wanted a darker color to help hide stains - not the light tan that was delivered). It was disappointing to say the least as I was looking forward to my new GX. Instead, I purchased an 2008 MDX which has served me well. I bought that car off the lot. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

Last edited by Macs4RX; 02-28-16 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Added clarification
Old 02-27-16 | 02:13 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
I agree completely with Vincent - if it was me I would just cancel the order. I believe I would have a bitter taste in my mouth going forward conducting business with this dealer. One wants the buying process to be as smooth and stress-free as possible. And absolutely, the dealer should be providing you with updates in a timely fashion when that information becomes available.

With regard to ordering a vehicle, I don't think I'd ever do that again. Back in 2007, I ordered a GX400 with the KDSS (kinetic dynamic suspension system). After waiting the requisite 8-10 weeks, when the GX finally arrived at my local dealer it had the wrong interior color and I declined the car (my kids were small at the time and I wanted a darker color to help hide stains - not the light tan that was delivered). It was disappointing to say the least as I was looking forward to my new GX. Instead, I purchased an 2008 MDX which has served me well. I bought that car off the lot. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.
It's Cancelled.
Old 02-27-16 | 03:30 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

^sorry to hear it
Old 02-29-16 | 05:04 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bearcat
It's Cancelled.
It stinks that after all these months waiting you had to cancel, but it was probably the best thing to do at this point..
Old 07-12-16 | 03:37 AM
bwsteg
Driver

I ordered my f sport mid March and it arrived this past weekend.