RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

After-Market Parts, ideas, add-ons.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 10:31 AM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Jonnguyen1,

Could you post better pictures?
Old 03-01-16, 01:20 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Jonnguyen1,

Could you post better pictures?
Sure I'll take further away pics tonight.
Old 03-01-16, 01:49 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

some other small things I've done to the car is I tinted the orange side marker on the headlights and wrapped the rear diffuser satin black.

Old 03-01-16, 02:11 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnguyen1
some other small things I've done to the car is I tinted the orange side marker on the headlights and wrapped the rear diffuser satin black.

LOVE these pics man!!!

I love how your car looks. Mine would be the exact same and I have to say I may want to what you're doing Don't worry I'm in california!

Could you post more pics ??

Also when you tinted your front orange side marker, what percentage did you use???

I am loving everything! Been wanting to dechrome my car when I get it but I needed ideas.. THANKS a million.
Old 03-01-16, 03:10 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
LOVE these pics man!!!

I love how your car looks. Mine would be the exact same and I have to say I may want to what you're doing Don't worry I'm in california!

Could you post more pics ??

Also when you tinted your front orange side marker, what percentage did you use???

I am loving everything! Been wanting to dechrome my car when I get it but I needed ideas.. THANKS a million.

Sorry I don't have the exact tint percentages for the tints but I'll ask when I get the roof wrapped Saturday.

So far what I've done is:

-wrapped full front with suntek self healing film. Including headlights, fog lights and mirrors.

-mudflaps installed by dealer

-tinted front windows 20%, tinted the front side marker and the clear part of the taillights very lightly.

- wrapped rear diffuser satin black and will wrap roof gloss black

-changed all interior and exterior halogens to leds. Including front, rear turn signals and backup lights. No resisters needed.

-got the fsport wheels with Pirelli scorpion all seasons.

- adding illuminated door sills.

-added wind deflectors

-got front weather tech mats

Last edited by Jonnguyen1; 03-01-16 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-01-16, 03:14 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry I don't have the exact tint percentages for the tints but I'll ask when I get the roof wrapped Saturday.

So far what I've done is:

-wrapped full front with suntek self healing film. Including headlights, fog lights and mirrors.

-tinted front windows 20%, tinted the front side marker and the clear part of the taillights very lightly.

- wrapped rear diffuser satin black and will wrap roof gloss black

-changed all interior and exterior halogens to leds. Including front, rear turn signals and backup lights. No resisters needed.

-got the fsport wheels with Pirelli scorpion all seasons.

- adding illuminated door sills.

-added wind deflectors

-got front weather tech mats

Congrats John Nguyen!

I am assuming your vietnamese? Crazy you're in massachusetts? LOL. Not many asians there.

You took a picture with your 4 doors open. Am I to assume that you changed your side door lights to LEDS?

As mentioned before, did you use these?
Amazon.com: iJDMTOY Xenon White 18-SMD Side Door OEM Replacement LED Lights For Lexus IS ES GS LS RX GX LX Toyota Avalon Sienna Venza Camry Prius 4Runner: Automotive Amazon.com: iJDMTOY Xenon White 18-SMD Side Door OEM Replacement LED Lights For Lexus IS ES GS LS RX GX LX Toyota Avalon Sienna Venza Camry Prius 4Runner: Automotive
Old 03-01-16, 04:10 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Odd statement. Must have never visited Boston as we have a well known Chinatown and a good rereaentation of many southeast Asian cultures. Maybe worth a visit
Old 03-01-16, 04:22 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mcfancy
Odd statement. Must have never visited Boston as we have a well known Chinatown and a good rereaentation of many southeast Asian cultures. Maybe worth a visit
Wow... Maybe I will. haha. Been in CA all my life.
Old 03-02-16, 02:28 PM
SSF1186
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jonnguyen1, for the front turn signal, you use 7444 Led Amber Yellow. You did not put any load resistor, did you get any hyper flash at all. Do you mind to tell me what brand is the led bulb and any link to the site I can buy it
Old 03-02-16, 04:26 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Congrats John Nguyen!

I am assuming your vietnamese? Crazy you're in massachusetts? LOL. Not many asians there.

You took a picture with your 4 doors open. Am I to assume that you changed your side door lights to LEDS?

As mentioned before, did you use these?
Amazon.com: iJDMTOY Xenon White 18-SMD Side Door OEM Replacement LED Lights For Lexus IS ES GS LS RX GX LX Toyota Avalon Sienna Venza Camry Prius 4Runner: Automotive
Yes I'm viet! Also lots of Asians here man haha.

I didn't use anything like that link. I just used a one direction 194 led bulb.

I used this for the 3 LEDs for the trunk area.

2014 New Canbus Build in T10 W5w 192 Super Bright 180 One Side Panel LED Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NCGFNB0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_Cq41wbZWRCR6Y

For the doors, I used a similar type of bulb but with 4 leds on each bulb not 6 like the link. The one I linked would be way too bright for the doors. Their literally like headlights on your doors if you used those.
Old 03-02-16, 04:30 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SSF1186
Hi Jonnguyen1, for the front turn signal, you use 7444 Led Amber Yellow. You did not put any load resistor, did you get any hyper flash at all. Do you mind to tell me what brand is the led bulb and any link to the site I can buy it
I bought these for the front and rear turn signals. They both used the same bulb. I had bought resisters because I anticipated hyperflashing but strangely enough there was no hyper flashing and no error codes .

JDM ASTAR Super Bright 5730 Chipsets 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs with Projector,Amber Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WVZV074/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_0u41wbYPJBAD9
Old 03-04-16, 10:48 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I'm viet! Also lots of Asians here man haha.

I didn't use anything like that link. I just used a one direction 194 led bulb.

I used this for the 3 LEDs for the trunk area.

2014 New Canbus Build in T10 W5w 192 Super Bright 180 One Side Panel LED Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NCGFNB0..._Cq41wbZWRCR6Y

For the doors, I used a similar type of bulb but with 4 leds on each bulb not 6 like the link. The one I linked would be way too bright for the doors. Their literally like headlights on your doors if you used those.

Good luck TMRW with the black roof wrap! Let me know if they actually take out the shark fin antenna to prevent any seems!

Also, you said that you replaced bulbs for your side doors?

Another user replaced their side doors but the bulbs were welded on so the only way to replace them was to remove the whole housing?

But for you, you could just swap out the bulb? Is it a t10 bulb like the cargo lights?

Thanks! I'm just waiting patiently for my F SPORT to come in April
Old 03-04-16, 12:30 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Good luck TMRW with the black roof wrap! Let me know if they actually take out the shark fin antenna to prevent any seems!

Also, you said that you replaced bulbs for your side doors?

Another user replaced their side doors but the bulbs were welded on so the only way to replace them was to remove the whole housing?

But for you, you could just swap out the bulb? Is it a t10 bulb like the cargo lights?

Thanks! I'm just waiting patiently for my F SPORT to come in April

I'll let you know on the shark fin and roof.
I'm not sure if it's different for other models but mine are definitely not welded in or anything like that. You just pop out the housing with a pry tool or flat head and you take over the plastic cover where you see a 194 halogen bulb. Same as the trunk ones. I just swaped them for LEDs.
Old 03-04-16, 11:27 PM
kenforum
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll let you know on the shark fin and roof. I'm not sure if it's different for other models but mine are definitely not welded in or anything like that. You just pop out the housing with a pry tool or flat head and you take over the plastic cover where you see a 194 halogen bulb. Same as the trunk ones. I just swaped them for LEDs.
My door light bulbs, which are LED's and not halogen, are welded to the housing too like couple other members...do you have any pics taken when you did the swap?
Old 03-05-16, 03:23 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kenforum
My door light bulbs, which are LED's and not halogen, are welded to the housing too like couple other members...do you have any pics taken when you did the swap?
You can find full housing w/LED replacement on Amazon or Ebay.

Quick Reply: After-Market Parts, ideas, add-ons.