RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

water leaking after very 1st car wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 12:13 PM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Update my RX 350 leaking problem

Update my RX350 leaking issue, l was called by Lexus Corp and they are starting the buyback process while fixing the car at same time to see if I could accept the repair later. Today, I returned to dealer since I was told they fixed the leaking problem. As a matter of fact,I am very upset about this repair because they opened the windshield then reinstalled and resealled it that comes with one side higher than the other side, with L side roof seal strip off, also a lot of finger prints on inside roof. I clearly told them that I couldn't accept this repair but I was told repeating repairs could only make it worse. So I decided I want a new car which means Lexue has to buyback this defect car, and I am thinking about consulting with my lawyer soon
Old 04-05-16, 12:43 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ccbj2008
Update my RX350 leaking issue, l was called by Lexus Corp and they are starting the buyback process while fixing the car at same time to see if I could accept the repair later. Today, I returned to dealer since I was told they fixed the leaking problem. As a matter of fact,I am very upset about this repair because they opened the windshield then reinstalled and resealled it that comes with one side higher than the other side, with L side roof seal strip off, also a lot of finger prints on inside roof. I clearly told them that I couldn't accept this repair but I was told repeating repairs could only make it worse. So I decided I want a new car which means Lexue has to buyback this defect car, and I am thinking about consulting with my lawyer soon
There is a specific process that has to take place so exhaust that first. Your lawyer, if he is a good one, will tell you this. Not saying you will not get a new car but only if all the conditions are met. Just deciding you want a new car may not be enough.

Last edited by RXOwner; 04-05-16 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 01:01 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

For the first time agreeing with the RXOwner on this one. Just a heads up w/ the lemon law, make sure your not a blabbering idiot demanding the world and alienating your dealership. They are your only connection with corp, and the less you post the better it is Again be firm but understanding is the best policy in these matters speaking from experience

Last edited by coolsaber; 04-05-16 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-05-16, 01:23 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

ccbj2008, I'm sorry the repair is not acceptable. At this point, I don't blame you for wanting another vehicle. Maybe hold off on the lawyer while the buyback process is ongoing. You can certainly infer that's the route you want to take if they don't. But at least you wont have to incur any fees for something that may not happen. It's not easy finding a lemon law attorney. In the meantime document everything and take pictures of the repair. Ask to meet with a local Lexus rep. He/she needs to see what happened.

Thank you for keeping us posted.
Old 04-05-16, 07:16 PM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
For the first time agreeing with the RXOwner on this one. Just a heads up w/ the lemon law, make sure your not a blabbering idiot demanding the world and alienating your dealership. They are your only connection with corp, and the less you post the better it is Again be firm but understanding is the best policy in these matters speaking from experience
Yes, we understand that this is a defect car and has nothing to do with the dealer. We're always nice to them.
Old 04-06-16, 06:27 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

OP- As I understand it from your post, Lexus has agreed to a buyback. If this is the case, as Anita mentioned hold off on the lawyer for now because believe me it will only bring things to a halt. Once you get a lawyer involved Lexus will no longer speak to you directly and even your dealer will be less likely to work with you without consulting corp first.

Now, if Lexus is playing hard-ball that's a different story. However, as someone else posted, the Lemon law will have to take it's course first, and sadly it doesn't seem like it has in your case yet. I know it's very frustrating...

I wish you luck.
Old 04-06-16, 10:49 AM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JT4
OP- As I understand it from your post, Lexus has agreed to a buyback. If this is the case, as Anita mentioned hold off on the lawyer for now because believe me it will only bring things to a halt. Once you get a lawyer involved Lexus will no longer speak to you directly and even your dealer will be less likely to work with you without consulting corp first.

Now, if Lexus is playing hard-ball that's a different story. However, as someone else posted, the Lemon law will have to take it's course first, and sadly it doesn't seem like it has in your case yet. I know it's very frustrating...

I wish you luck.

Thanks, that's a good point, and I will wait for Lexus getting back to me.
Old 04-07-16, 06:00 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks, that's a good point, and I will wait for Lexus getting back to me.
You're welcome, please keep us posted..
Old 04-26-16, 07:28 AM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Default Update my RX350 leaking problem

It's been more than 6 weeks since I turned my car into the dealer, so far one fix done which was not acceptable. Lexus Corp did not want to buyback and the dealer did not want to "touch" the car again even they admitted the windshield is a defective one. They are trying to force us to drive this defective car on the road without further repair and return the loaned car. Spoke with Lexus Corp again and was told they will contact Lexus dealer today and work it out, very frustrated. Also, it seems a lack of communication between Lexus and the dealer, whom I should deal with? and what am I suppose to do? Anyone has experience with NCDS before? Thanks.

Last edited by ccbj2008; 04-26-16 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-26-16, 07:44 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

It's been more than 6 weeks since I turned my car into the dealer, so far one fix done which was not acceptable. Lexus Corp did not want to buyback and the dealer did not want to "touch" the car again even they admitted the windshield is a defective one. They are trying to force us to drive this defective car on the road without further repair and return the loaned car. Spoke with Lexus Corp again and was told they will contact Lexus dealer today and work it out, very frustrated. Also, it seems a lack of communication between Lexus and the dealer, whom I should deal with? and what am I suppose to do? Anyone has experience with NCDS before? Thanks.
Has your vehicle been fixed? If so Lexus has fulfilled it's obligation. What about the last repair is still not right? It is the "repeated" failed attempts that trigger the Lemon law.
Old 04-26-16, 07:58 AM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Has your vehicle been fixed? If so Lexus has fulfilled it's obligation. What about the last repair is still not right? It is the "repeated" failed attempts that trigger the Lemon law.
My car is more defective after "their fix" because the windshield was NOT resealed properly, one side higher than another side which is not acceptable, and it affects the appearance and of course, the value too.
Old 04-26-16, 08:19 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

My car is more defective after "their fix" because the windshield was NOT resealed properly, one side higher than another side which is not acceptable, and it affects the appearance and of course, the value too.
If dealership is unable and not willing to fix you need to go to Lexus now. It sounds like the leak could be fixed but the windshield install was bad. If they redo the windshield the way is is supposed to be all should be good.

They are not going to just hand you a new car. Let them know that they need to remove and redo the windshield before you will take the vehicle back.

Last edited by RXOwner; 04-26-16 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-26-16, 08:36 AM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They should re-install the windshield again and then offer you something to compensate you for all of the headaches. I'd suggest $2,000 in service credits and accept $1000.
Old 04-26-16, 08:41 AM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They have had your car for six weeks and the windshield is still not properly repaired? UFB
Old 04-26-16, 08:57 AM
ccbj2008
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by roblim
They should re-install the windshield again and then offer you something to compensate you for all of the headaches. I'd suggest $2,000 in service credits and accept $1000.
Yesterday, I got a FedEx letter from Lexus stating that no further assist for this buyback process and the dealer is still forcing us to take this defective car without further repair even they admitted the windshield is defective, also asking the loaned car back or they will file a report. I contacted Lexus Corp again and I was told that they will contact the dealer and let me keeping the loaned car until they work it out. It seems there is a lack of communication between Lexus and local dealer. I do not know whom I should deal with now. What happen if Lexus refuse buyback and the dealer refuse further repair? So far my car stay with dealer for more than 30 days.

Quick Reply: water leaking after very 1st car wash