RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Totaled 2016 RX350 F Sport - No one injured, disappointed at myself

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-16, 01:19 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Franklin5
Very observant, Unowned! I just went back to all of the photos and you're right - the camera box can't be viewed relative to the rear view mirror in these photos.

Has anyone experienced a real-world situation where the PCS saved them from rear-ending someone? I've never had mine activated (alarm or braking), even though I've had people cut in front of me or I've otherwise have had to make sudden stops. Makes me wonder if it's still there in the background and waits until your just a few feet away, or if I've somehow disabled it, but the manual says otherwise.

Would be comforting to hear from others that had it save their tails (or, someone else's tail-end).
PCS can also be engaged by the driver. And yes, I've had it activate in the 3RX when I jumped on the brakes in reaction to someone cutting me off. The brakes felt like they had 10 times as much stopping force and the seat belt tightened up immediately with no room to spare.

Test it out in an empty parking lot.
Old 03-25-16, 07:00 AM
ccb777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I take a trip I am surprised there are not more accidents like this. Folks travel in the passing lane with about 1 car length between them going 70-80 mph. All it takes is one hickcup to have a multiple car collision
I travel with my adaptive cruise control all the time. The closest it will let me get to a car in front is a least 7-8 cara lengths. I am amazed at how many people will pass me on the right to slip in front of me while I am in the passing lane behind other cars.

We saw at least 3 such accidents on our last trip to Fl. Don't know what caused your accident but I see both your front and rear end are badly damaged. What ever caused it I bet it changes you attitude toward your driving habits.
Old 03-25-16, 02:42 PM
Lubber
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ccb777
Every time I take a trip I am surprised there are not more accidents like this. Folks travel in the passing lane with about 1 car length between them going 70-80 mph. All it takes is one hickcup to have a multiple car collision
I travel with my adaptive cruise control all the time. The closest it will let me get to a car in front is a least 7-8 cara lengths. I am amazed at how many people will pass me on the right to slip in front of me while I am in the passing lane behind other cars.

We saw at least 3 such accidents on our last trip to Fl. Don't know what caused your accident but I see both your front and rear end are badly damaged. What ever caused it I bet it changes you attitude toward your driving habits.
You are so right. It never ceases to amaze me why people will get irritated if there is any gap at all in front of you. They will follow close for a while until they rush around you just to get one spot ahead. It's crazy why so many people drive with an angry attitude.